Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 711 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 The "Heroes" Thread: Season 1 
You must have big rats

Post The "Heroes" Thread: Season 1
Well, time for this one to get its thread as well.

Here's the official NBC site for it:

http://heroes.nbc.com/

Plot: The premise deals with people all over the world abruptly discovering that they have superpowers. The show will follow how these changes affect their lives and the lives of those around them.

I have just finished the pilot episode and it blew me away. Seriously, this season two of the most promising shows in a while are starting, Traveler and Heroes. Both of their pilots were excellent, but due to me having been a comic book fan for many years, I would give Heroes a slight edge. It's not as much of a nonstop thrill ride as Traveler, but it is very intriuing, includes a great twist at the end and seems to showcase several great characters. I like its serious approach as well (unlike, say, Mutant X). All in all, it was certainly one of the very best pilots I have ever seen. It bears a certain resemblance to Lost in the way it sets up the characters and how the characters' lives intersect with each other. Mr. X pointed that out to be a while ago and I gotta agree. But if this is similar to Lost, then it's certainly similar to Lost when it is at its best!

Anyone else seen the pilot?

Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Spoilers within, although I tried not to outright reveal anything.

I saw the pilot a few weeks ago. I liked it a lot except I really hated the Asian guy. But I liked how they set everything up, how everyone is connected, and I especially liked how Hayden Panettiere's father is somehow involved (negatively I assume) with the "mutants." (Not sure what else to call them) The twist at the end did surprise me but it also left me a little upset (the older brother has everything, and now this, too?). I also liked how they set it up with the guy who can paint and the fact he painted the picture of the city being overcome by a huge wave, so you know that all the "mutants" will be coming together at the end of the season for that very purpose.

All in all, I did like it and will be tuning in when it starts for sure. Can't wait to see Greg Grunberg's character.

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:03 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I actually liked the Japanese guy. He provided nice comic relief and I liked his references to the comics and to Star Trek, hehe.

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:15 am
Profile WWW
In some way it reminds me of The 4400, but anyway am getting it just now.

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:45 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

In some way it reminds me of The 4400, but anyway am getting it just now.

4400 looks better than this. I havent seen Heroes but Im willing to bet it will get canned before the end of the year. You can neer trust NBC

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:36 am
Interesting pilot. And must say I liked it.

Also, add me as fan of Japanese guy. Btw, did he do something while excercising with the time, as there's no way that it'll be noon(or close to) in NY and in Japan? And scene made it look that it was same time. Also not sure how cheerleader's dad came so quickly to Texas.

Now thinking remembered something else, it was 2 something in Japan, and only morning in Las Vegas, which is pretty much impossible. Should be around 10-11pm there.

Not that big deal, and maybe I've just missed something, but if not, such things do bug me. :-(

greasedlightning wrote:
I also liked how they set it up with the guy who can paint and the fact he painted the picture of the city being overcome by a huge wave, so you know that all the "mutants" will be coming together at the end of the season for that very purpose.

I think that was actually mushroom from nuclear bomb.

Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:49 pm
Draughty

Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Squee

Where are you guys seeing the pilot?

They're THIEVES!!!!!!

Im interested in it, I'll probably see the Pilot when the show actually starts to air.

:glare:

Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:55 pm
Squee is right, but his wording is wrong.

Heroes, trailblazers, freedom fighters sounds better. :sweat:

Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:00 pm
Squee

More like: Brigands, Pirates, Murderers.

Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:08 pm
New Server, Same X

Nebs wrote:

Don't bring my mysterious, never-talked-about past into this.

Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:28 pm
You must have big rats

Also, add me as fan of Japanese guy. Btw, did he do something while excercising with the time, as there's no way that it'll be noon(or close to) in NY and in Japan? And scene made it look that it was same time. Also not sure how cheerleader's dad came so quickly to Texas.

Now thinking remembered something else, it was 2 something in Japan, and only morning in Las Vegas, which is pretty much impossible. Should be around 10-11pm there.

Not that big deal, and maybe I've just missed something, but if not, such things do bug me. :-(

Well, it is possible that it was 1. The next day when the cheerleader's guy arrived back home or 2. He can teleport himself :D

Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

greasedlightning wrote:
I also liked how they set it up with the guy who can paint and the fact he painted the picture of the city being overcome by a huge wave, so you know that all the "mutants" will be coming together at the end of the season for that very purpose.

I think that was actually mushroom from nuclear bomb.

Ah, it probably was. I saw the episode weeks ago, so not surprising I messed up the facts lol.

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
Grill

Squee wrote:
Nebs wrote:

Don't bring my mysterious, never-talked-about past into this.

HAHA! :hahaha: I knew it!

Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:10 am
Romosexual!

Just got done watching it and i luv it. :D Can't wait for episode 2.
I was hoping the nurse [spoil]dude was going to be the one to fly.[/spoil] I like his character better.
lol Japanese guy is freaking hillarious. :lol:
Vegas chick scares me. Wonder what her son's power will be.
Indian guy is sorta boring.
Cheerleader chick is cool.
lol the painter guy is totally fucked up. nice saw action though. :biggrin:

Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:53 am
Draughty

What nationalities are there of the main characters? Japanese, American, Indian, anywhere else?

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:52 am
Profile WWW
Squee

What nationalities are there of the main characters? Japanese, American, Indian, anywhere else?

Morlockian and Amphibian.

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:21 am
You must have big rats

I think that's pretty much it.

Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:10 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Heroes
This premier tonight and I thought it was very good even if it ripped off X-Men a little :p I loved the twist at the end.

Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Ugh, I hated the twist at the end. The brother gets everything, now the ability to fly, too? Not cool.

Can't wait to see Greg Grunberg's character next week.

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

I really liked the series premier :) Kept my interest up and the twist at the end was rather cool :) I wonder if the other brother will have a power of his own. If it is genetically cased i guess he probably might.

Quick question for those who watched the first 5 minutes. Who is the taxi driver? Did they explain it in the beginning (i missed the first part).

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

I liked it too. A nice mix of characters with my favs being Hayden Panettiere, Masi Oka, and Ali Larter. Her story has the most mystery to it thus far. I'll definitely watch the next episode.

If you missed the premiere, catch the encore tomorrow night.

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:08 pm
Teenage Dream

I watched about first half of the premiere and from what I have saw I was impressed. I plan on finishing the episode tomorrow afternoon.

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:32 pm
Extraordinary

I really liked the series premier :) Kept my interest up and the twist at the end was rather cool :) I wonder if the other brother will have a power of his own. If it is genetically cased i guess he probably might.

Quick question for those who watched the first 5 minutes. Who is the taxi driver? Did they explain it in the beginning (i missed the first part).

The Taxi cab driver is this scientist. In the first five minutes we see him teaching a class talking about how we could evolve to having powers and he theorizes that it is happening right now. As it turns out his father believed this theory and was trying to prove it but was murdered by someone. He then goes to NY to discover the truth.
Okay about the twist. I think the other brother either can fly as well and just couldn't do it yet or else he has another power. He did mention how he knew his brother had an accident years go before anybody else did. Perhaps he has some kind of sixth sense or is empath (can feel emotions).

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Didn't watch it... didn't have any interest to.

But next to Studio 60, this was NBC's most heavily advertised show I think. So, tomorrow's ratings results will be interesting. If it premiered high, it could even help Studio 60.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 711 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next