Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The 'Arrested Development' Thread 
Forum General

Post The 'Arrested Development' Thread
Season premiere tonight. Who's watching?

Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy T

Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:56 pm
Sbil

Post Re: The 'Arrested Development' Thread
Dkmuto wrote:
Season premiere tonight. Who's watching?

:D :D :D

Sundays are getting really full for me now. Alas, I almost feel compelled to watch Crossing Jordan tonight (even though I'm not a fan of that show), simply because it's featuring a crossover with my (second) favorite guilty pleasure, Las Vegas.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:18 pm
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: The 'Arrested Development' Thread
Libs wrote:
Sundays are getting really full for me now. Alas, I almost feel compelled to watch Crossing Jordan tonight (even though I'm not a fan of that show), simply because it's featuring a crossover with my (second) favorite guilty pleasure, Las Vegas.

Yeah I know the feeling, I don't really want to watch Crossing Jordan, but without tomorrow's Las Vegas won't make any sense. At least CJ is on at 10 when nothing else is really on.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I loveee this show. Probably my favorate show on TV right now, and I just started watching on Friday. Yet I managed to watch the entire season 1 before season 2 came on. Who needs sleep?

Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:08 pm
Cream of the Crop

That was one funny half hour. I'm definitely going to stick with this show, and possibly even purchase the first season on DVD, because if there's one thing I need more of it's TV on DVD.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I loveee this show. Probably my favorate show on TV right now, and I just started watching on Friday. Yet I managed to watch the entire season 1 before season 2 came on. Who needs sleep?

I, too, finished watching the first season this weekend. I'm stunned at how under-the-radar this show went, considering it was easily one of the funniest things on TV last season.

In my opinion, Friends fans who are missing the humor they grew accustomed to and were disappointed not to find in Joey need to flock to this show. They're not the same types of shows, but they both have that clever, inflection-driven dialogue that keeps the humor running.

How do you guys think tonight's episode (great, by the way) will fare in ratings?

Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:43 am
Profile WWW
I don't know about the ratings, but i really want the show to do well. The season premiere was so funny!
I laughed every time that Oscar was mistaken for George,Senior and beaten.
Also George-Michael was just funny in general.
I think that when GOB was trying to play pool and telling that guy to break holes in the wall so that GOB could play pool was so hilarious.
The same with Lindsay saying something like "How much damage could he do in 3 hours?" regarding GOB and then the narrator (Ron) says that GOB did $45,000 in damage.
This show really needs to do well, everyone WATCH THIS SHOW!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:09 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

Buster to his mom: Who would want to R you?

Tobias: (He is painted blue) I blue myself
Michael: Theres gotta be a better way to say that

Great show. I also picked up the DVD and watched it before the season started. Its pretty cheap and highly reccomended.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:53 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Tobias: (He is painted blue) I blue myself
Michael: Theres gotta be a better way to say that

Lol.

Lindsay [after just hearing about Tobias]: Oh, Michael, what were his last words to you?

[cut to Tobias saying he 'blue himself.']

Michael: He had some beautiful words.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:07 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

lmao, season premiere was so great. Thank god it won all those emmys or Fox would've cancelled it, like they do to all their good shows (Simpsons not included, as it would just go to another network if Fox cancelled it... wish Futurama could've done the same).

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:46 pm
Well, last night's episode was HILARIOUS.
I cannot begin to say how funny that was, the Tom Jane thing was so out of nowhere.
Tobias' blue man group thing was so funny, when that truck went by and Tobias was stuck to it i cracked up.
Also the silver diamond cream that he wore at the end, "I think my nipples are bleeding".
George-Michael talking about his girlfriend to his dad and Michael not remembering her was great.
Oscar's erection that was blurred in blue was...also unexpected.
I George, Sr's "I've made a huge mistake". I wonder how many times that line has been used.
There are SOO many nods to past episodes, and i LOVE when shows do that. That was one of the many things that i loved about BtVS. Looking at the ratings it did not do so well last night either, but Fox had better not cancel it, YOU HEAR ME FOX?!?!?!?!?
Side not, the Simpsons was really funny last night too. It made up for the lackluster Treehouse of Horror.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:19 pm
Well, last night's episode was HILARIOUS.
I cannot begin to say how funny that was, the Tom Jane thing was so out of nowhere.
Tobias' blue man group thing was so funny, when that truck went by and Tobias was stuck to it i cracked up.
Also the silver diamond cream that he wore at the end, "I think my nipples are bleeding".
George-Michael talking about his girlfriend to his dad and Michael not remembering her was great.
Oscar's erection that was blurred in blue was...also unexpected.
I George, Sr's "I've made a huge mistake". I wonder how many times that line has been used.
There are SOO many nods to past episodes, and i LOVE when shows do that. That was one of the many things that i loved about BtVS. Looking at the ratings it did not do so well last night either, but Fox had better not cancel it, YOU HEAR ME FOX?!?!?!?!?
Side not, the Simpsons was really funny last night too. It made up for the lackluster Treehouse of Horror.

The last Simpsons reminded me of the "Simpsons Did It" episode of South Park. How many cook offs have there been now? And how many times has the tree house been remodeled? The great thing is, they use some of the same basic outlines and it's still fresh and funny.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:11 pm
I am loving the little blue spots all over the house, and Tobias "blue myself" comments continue!
This is easily the funniest show on TV. I laugh out loud SO much during this show, not like any other show on TV.
I need to go rewatch it because there were so many fabulous moments.
I don't think George Sr is really dead, he can't be. I am also wondering when Buster will find out that Oscar is actually his dad.

sidenote: i really did NOT like the Simpsons. I think it is because i don't like Nelson at all, i don't like episodes heavy on him and this was all about him, so blah!!

Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:32 am
Forum General

I enjoyed Buster's adventures in 'Mexico,' however. :)

Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:28 am
Profile WWW
I knew that George Sr wasn't dead, i didn't read anything but i just knew it. Michael's not remembering of Ann's name and calling her Egg again was nice. The Bounty Hunter slash party planner Ice was fabulous. These people are genius'. I am liking George-Michael more and more as the series goes on. I think the thing that i found the funniest was Buster arriving to the wake in that "army" uniform. I was laughing so much, i missed a little and had to rewatch it. GOB's coffin magic trick was hilarious, especially when he fell out, the coffin fell on him, and then he was covered in dirt. I think that this is my favorite show on TV now, i absolutely LOVE it.

As a side note, now i am wanting the Simpsons to hurry up and finish so i cab watch Arrested Development. I find that kind of sad. I used to love the Simpsons but lately, especially this season, i have not cared that much. I still watch it but last night after i realized that it was another one of those "eh" episodes i got up and made some food and listened on and off. I am going to have to rework my favorite TV shows ever as i just do not love it anymore. I do not like the first 3 seasons at all and change the channel when they are on (i find them amazingly unfunny) and then i really love S4-S10ish, then i like the rest but not more than other shows. So the Simpsons really had a good 7yr streak but then a kind of steady decline and it has no stabalized in the "eh" area. I used to be in "the show is still great" group but i am not any longer. I just had to say that, as i am very dissapointed with the show.

Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:07 pm
Sbil

Hehehehe. "Maybe I can stick it in her brownie."

Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:17 pm
Cream of the Crop

So much to love about tonight's episode. Michael and Maeby singing Afternoon Delight, and the look on Michael's face when he realizes what he's actually singing. Dropping GOB from the crane....come on! Hilarious, as too was this exchange:
There was a coloured man in my house.
What colour was he?
Well, blue.

The sexual harrassment prep speech was great as well, can't wait until the next new episode. Poor Tobias.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
Some days I'm a super bitch

Yeah this is an amazing show. As underapreciated as it is in the ratings, I still believe that it'll lead the way into a bold new future for sitcoms. Arrested Development is innovative, brilliant, and absolultly outrageous! :D

Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I'm interested in the upcoming storyline where Michael has a love interest played by Justine Bateman. I wonder how Fox is going to get away with that one. Siblings playing characters in a relationship, well I guess if Fox can get away with Who's Your Daddy, they can get away with pretty much anything.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:36 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Got episode though, opened up a few future plot points.

Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:54 pm
GOB and the gay employee is some funny stuff.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:35 pm
Forum General

"Prove it."

:)

Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Fox has cut the episode order from 22 to 18. There will be no new AD's in May, its 2nd season will be done by April 24.
This is awful news and Fox had better not cancel AD or i will never watch Fox again. American Dad is taking over Arrested Development's timeslot starting May 1. One more reason not to watch American Dad, as if the unfunny wasn't reason enough already.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:21 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Fox has cut the episode order from 22 to 18. There will be no new AD's in May, its 2nd season will be done by April 24.
This is awful news and Fox had better not cancel AD or i will never watch Fox again. American Dad is taking over Arrested Development's timeslot starting May 1. One more reason not to watch American Dad, as if the unfunny wasn't reason enough already.

Ahhh, but there's always life for Arrested Development on another Network or DVD... \:D/

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next