Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 The "Heroes" Thread: Season 2 
Squee

Post Re: The "Heroes" Thread: Season 2
redspear wrote:
I think Peter will jump back in time and stop Nathans Death.

Couldn't he also give Nathan his blood to heal him, since he's been around Adam and Claire?

Of course, that would require him thinking, like Andaroo said. Not a likely occurrence.

:glare:

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:27 am
invading your spaces

Is Adam's power any different from Claire's?

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:31 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

andaroo wrote:
redspear wrote:

That would require him thinking about using one of his 10 useful talents. Thinking doesn't happen on Heroes.

The fact that Peter is a psychic/mentalist/whatever on Matt's level at this point is disgusting. Peter is way too powerful to be interesting anymore.

Nathan's death was the only honest moment this entire year. I hope he is gone, I'm really sick of people coming back from the dead. Niki and DL got punked. I don't even mind Monica or Maya as much as the rest of you, but the only character that had growth this year was Parkman.

Yeah the show has minimized death with Claire/Peter/Adam's blood. Though Honestly I felt that Adam could of been a much better villian.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:49 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

redspear wrote:
andaroo wrote:
redspear wrote:

That would require him thinking about using one of his 10 useful talents. Thinking doesn't happen on Heroes.

The fact that Peter is a psychic/mentalist/whatever on Matt's level at this point is disgusting. Peter is way too powerful to be interesting anymore.

Nathan's death was the only honest moment this entire year. I hope he is gone, I'm really sick of people coming back from the dead. Niki and DL got punked. I don't even mind Monica or Maya as much as the rest of you, but the only character that had growth this year was Parkman.

Yeah the show has minimized death with Claire/Peter/Adam's blood. Though Honestly I felt that Adam could of been a much better villian.

Well I think Adam will be back. Somebody could just go and dig him up. He needs to be teamed with some super powered thugs. He is like Vandal Savage or Ra's Al Ghul. Those two were pretty useless without some minions. Maybe Sylar and a couple of new villains could team up with him. I think Nathan will be back too. I think Peter will remember that Adam gave him his blood and he will use his own.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:02 am
Profile WWW
Squee

So... what happens to the Irish girl now?

It doesn't look good for her unless that vision of the future still is going to come about. She was stuck in the bad future, and then supposedly that is changed, so Peter can't go BACK to the bad future.

Is she lost forever now? Will she even be mentioned again?

Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:06 am
Extraordinary

Squee wrote:
So... what happens to the Irish girl now?

It doesn't look good for her unless that vision of the future still is going to come about. She was stuck in the bad future, and then supposedly that is changed, so Peter can't go BACK to the bad future.

Is she lost forever now? Will she even be mentioned again?

If that future doesn't happen she will just be in the future. Hopefully, they won't just forget about her and at least have her show up and find Peter.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

So I've been going through portions of this thread, and I can't tell you guys how happy I am that I gave up on Heroes after the first season finale. There was good reason for me to give up at that point but gosh, what's honestly kept you guys going? It sounds absolutely wretched.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:27 am
i break the rules, so i don't care

i honestly think Nikki might come back as a villain next season. betrayed by Mohinder, who i hope when he dies is so fucking bloody.

boo at Elle being a good guy now.

big evils of volume 3:
Mommy Petrelli
Sylar
Nikki
the Company

characters who i want dead in volume 3:
Mohinder
Molly
Weird Stalker guy
Bob

Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:28 am
Extraordinary

MovieDude wrote:
So I've been going through portions of this thread, and I can't tell you guys how happy I am that I gave up on Heroes after the first season finale. There was good reason for me to give up at that point but gosh, what's honestly kept you guys going? It sounds absolutely wretched.

That is your opinion. I am still enjoying the show. It isn't my favorite show on TV, but I still findit fun.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

:funny:

Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:03 pm
Devil's Advocate

Bye Niki. Damn you, one-noted stereotypical black thug!

Couldn't Peter just say what Nathan was going to?

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:56 pm
Romosexual!

Shack wrote:
Bye Niki. Damn you, one-noted stereotypical black thug!

:funny:

Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:37 pm
loyalfromlondon

So I'm thinking that HRG shot Nathan. Makes sense.

I hope that the Nikki/Micah/Monica storyline is completely dumped now. Don't even bother tying up loose ends, just get rid of the characters without explanation. That would be nice.

And how is HRG alive, if a bullet to the head is apparently enough to kill someone who's invincible? This show keeps gaining more plot holes everyday.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:35 am
Squee

trixster wrote:

And how is HRG alive, if a bullet to the head is apparently enough to kill someone who's invincible? This show keeps gaining more plot holes everyday.

The writing is terrible?

Or maybe the characters dont know what would kill one of them, yet, who knows. I imagine a shotgun to the face could work, but we know a bullet to the head wont.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:46 am
Devil's Advocate

I'm still wondering why no-one shot Adam in the head like 30 years ago. Would've made things a lot easier!

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:57 am
loyalfromlondon

Squee wrote:
trixster wrote:

The writing is terrible?

Or maybe the characters dont know what would kill one of them, yet, who knows. I imagine a shotgun to the face could work, but we know a bullet to the head wont.

Except that Mama Petrelli said specifically but a mere bullet would do the trick. It's just a screw up in the writing. That seems to happen a lot with this show.

Same.

Algren wrote:

Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:04 am
Devil's Advocate

It's mean to kick a horse when it's down, but I also wanted to mention the stupidity of the "going public" storyline. Considering there's thousands of people with powers in the world who've had it for hundreds of years, maybe the biggest hole in the show is that no-one knows about it. People are such attention whores that the instant someone figured out they could fly or could melt metal, they'd go and get famous. It's laughable and ridiculous that the whole thing is a secret. At least before they could totally ignore the subject and treat it as a wink! hole, but centering a storyline around telling... it's too much.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:10 am
Indiana Jones IV

trixster wrote:
Squee wrote:
trixster wrote:

The writing is terrible?

Except that Mama Petrelli said specifically but a mere bullet would do the trick. It's just a screw up in the writing. That seems to happen a lot with this show.

I think the bullet has to stay in the head or teh head completely obliterated.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:18 am
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

just saw it. decent episode nothing special. The nathan death really isnt all that great, can't peter just give him his blood and how did he get shot twice in a room full of crowded people? it's not like there was a sniper point anywhere and the dude just walked out, he would have had to been front row to shot him. disappointing there.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:58 pm
You must have big rats

Hmmm, I liked it quite a bit. Definitely one of the best of the season, but that's not hard anyway.

I think Nikki will stay dead and that's good this way. They really need to kick Monica off the show. No use of her character, really. I was happy when Maya died...but then she came back to life :(

Nathan's death was unexpected and well-done, but seriously, bringing the whole healing-blood thing into it just hurts the show. I mean even before now, Hiro could have saved anyone by travelling back, but now even that isn't needed. The hell?! Then again, I think Peter is TOO STUPID to think of giving his blood to Nathan.

The final 30 seconds or so, well, the beginning of Volume 3 is great. Sylar's back, at last. I really hope he'll teap up with Adam and another, so far unknown, villain and will decimate the heroes. Some simply need to go to give the series some focus. Get rid of Micah, Monica, Maya and maybe some beloved major character to give the whole thing a bigger dramatic impact and then finally have Peter and Sylar face off and that not in such a pussy fight like in the finale of Season 1!

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I think it would be cool if they went totally off the map and forgot about trying to make things "realistic". Introduce a villain from outerspace or something, a giant monster being. That could also be a disaster, but you never know. :lol: As it stands Sylar in S3 will be the exact same thing as S1. Try something new.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:49 pm
loyalfromlondon

I doubt Sylar will want to team up with anyone, since he can steal their powers. Though I don't know if he'd be able to steal Adam's: would his head heal itself before Sylar could eat his brain? Something to think about. :P

Same.

Algren wrote:

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:51 pm
Devil's Advocate

In Hiro futureland he stole Claire's, so I assume yes. Though the writers could easily make it so he can't, with their consistency.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:10 pm
You must have big rats

Shack wrote:
I think it would be cool if they went totally off the map and forgot about trying to make things "realistic". Introduce a villain from outerspace or something, a giant monster being. That could also be a disaster, but you never know. :lol: As it stands Sylar in S3 will be the exact same thing as S1. Try something new.

I think he'll kill a few more heroes and thus become more powerful.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

I still think it's a cop-out that they didn't kill off Sylar for good in the first series. But then, he is technically the only villain who can stand off against Peter and feasibly win. Without him, it'd be a pretty uneven playing field.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next