Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 59  Next
 "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion
I was unfortunately spoiled shortly before Beyond the Wall aired (stupid picture on twitter...), and Viserion's death was still tough to watch. Rhaegal's death... most difficult moment in the series for me!

Missandei's was rough, too, but clearly Cersei was going to have her killed, so that at least lessened the blow a bit. I can't wait for Dany to grant her final word. Dany/Drogon going out in a fiery rage next week is far better than one or both of them dying under normal conditions.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun May 05, 2019 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I didn't think the show could find someone as hateful and as deserving as getting killed off as Joffrey or Ramsay. But man... I can't wait till Euron Greyjoy bites it. Dude plays a villain so well.

Mon May 06, 2019 8:20 am
Extraordinary

The show has become a victim of the condensed episode counts so things are rushed all over the place. We have two episodes left and it's gonna happen in a blink.

Dany is being turned into a strong woman to a begging woman and now a crazy woman just because she's a Targaryen even though I don't think she's been so called crazy until now.

I think the better ending to this would have been for the people of the North under Snow's weak leadership joined with Dany when she first arrived in the 7 kingdoms with the three dragons. Let the Night King sack empty castles in the north while Dany takes over the capitol and they capture or kill Cersei (this feels like deja vu somehow)... anyway after she's neutralized THEN end the series with a final battle with the Night King with many heroic deaths or whatever. Instead they go up to capture a wight to present to Cersei lose a dragon, stay up north kill the night king but lose practically the whole army, then plan to assault the capitol with apparently no knowledge that Cersei has these giant crossbows all over the place now and lose another dragon. It's sick. I don't know how I'm going to be satisfied if I see Drogon and Dany both die in the next two episodes. I'll feel sick.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon May 06, 2019 8:53 am
Extraordinary

Mau wrote:
Tbh if they pulled one last twist and made Cersei kill Arya.

It would be my favorite moment in entertainment history

That would be devastating. I would assume Cersei would win the throne which would leave a terrible taste in my mouth.

#MAGA #KAG!

Mon May 06, 2019 8:56 am
Keeping it Light

nghtvsn wrote:
Instead they go up to capture a wight to present to Cersei lose a dragon, stay up north kill the night king but lose practically the whole army, then plan to assault the capitol with apparently no knowledge that Cersei has these giant crossbows all over the place now and lose another dragon. It's sick.

It's ridiculous in hindsight.

I liked the last episode anyway, like I've enjoyed the show overall, but despite the deaths it really was an in between episode again after the marvel of ep. 3. Since season 7 the story just hasn't flowed as well as before, but want to see where it all ends.

Mon May 06, 2019 1:05 pm
Extraordinary

Apparently the weak Jon Snow never was aware of battle tactics. They nearly lost to the Night King anyway fighting w/o Cersei's assistance. I blame Dany more for listening to her trashy advisers. She came to claim the throne first, not kill what she believed was a myth. Really it's the writer's fault who are determined to destroy Dany after having built her up over the years just to end up making her be a fool, a beggar and crazy. Something twisted about this to me. They might as well have Cersei win because Jon Snow is so fake, so stupid, weak, he's undead, foolish. The list is endless with this person.

I was entertained by the episode despite my grievances.

#MAGA #KAG!

Mon May 06, 2019 2:04 pm
Extraordinary

They should have saved the battle with the NK for the end imo.

Mon May 06, 2019 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Despite some flaws I really enjoyed that episode.

Worst thing was Jon's treatment of Ghost. The show really dropped the ball in regard to the Direwolves.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue May 07, 2019 12:00 am
Keeping it Light

MadGez wrote:
The show really dropped the ball in regard to the Direwolves.

true

Tue May 07, 2019 12:31 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Rushed and at time incoherent episode and it felt like a cheap way for a dragon to die even if we know how this happened.

Tue May 07, 2019 2:14 am
Forum General

They'd better get some armor for Drogon.

The two dragon deaths are two of the hardest moments in the show to witness.

Tue May 07, 2019 8:52 pm
Devil's Advocate

I like the show more without the Night King arc. The discussions about Dany, the dragon and Missandei's death were great scenes. Jaime leaving on his mission thinking he won't come back was sad too

I am surprised at the backlash to this season. Sure there is a lot of holes like the shitty battle tactics, Dany not seeing the ships, Cersei not killing everyone at the end, Cersei hiring Bronn to kill Tyrion and Jaime and then not killing Tyrion this episode. But overall like The Dark Knight Rises you just have to shut that logic part of your brain off a little bit and enjoy Bruce vs Bane

Wed May 08, 2019 3:44 am
Hold the door!

Overall season is still lame but episode 4 was better.

Game of Thrones is not a turn your version off show, Shack, what a thing to say.

Wed May 08, 2019 10:41 am
Extraordinary

Jon Snow cannot not and should not be Bruce.

#MAGA #KAG!

Wed May 08, 2019 2:35 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

My biggest complaint with the season is how the North have treated Dany and her company.

It's understandable and logical for the Northerners to be weary of Dany as their Queen; it'd be strange if they simply accepted her with open arms. And as Davos said in the first episode, Dany will need to earn their respect. But hasn't she? She could have easily left the North to fend for themselves against the dead, and have taken the Iron Throne from Cersei quite effortlessly. Instead, she chose to fight with Jon (who the North chose as their King, so in turn shouldn't they trust his decisions?) and has made incredible sacrifices. The Dothraki were on the front lines to defend Winterfell, and the Unsullied were tasked to defend the Westeros allies as they retreated. She's lost nearly all of the Dothraki, half of the Unsullied, her oldest friend Jorah, and one of her dragons all because of Jon and to defend the North. And now she's lost another dragon, as well as her best friend, Missandei.

She's given up nearly everything (she has Drogon and Grey Worm left), so why would the North continue their distrust, and potentially even hatred, of her and her forces? Honestly, given her sacrifices for them, asking them to accept her as their Queen sounds pretty reasonable... Hearing Sansa, in particular, questioning Dany, clearly going out of her way to display her distaste of her, after all she's done for Jon and the North is ridiculous.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed May 08, 2019 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
Overall season is still lame but episode 4 was better.

Game of Thrones is not a turn your version off show, Shack, what a thing to say.

It's not, but my point is that there was a lot of interesting conflict going on with Dany's character in this episode, that I think is more meaningful to the show than whether it adds up that she couldn't see Euron's ships.

Really though, if this was a normal length season the whole episode after the Night King battle should have been a quiet one where they drink, talk about Jon's secret and allegiance to Dany, and plan for the King's Landing attack. It feels like they made this 6 episodes because they thought the audience would get bored if there was any more time between their huge ass battles. Which is not really a great starting point for writing a story

Wed May 08, 2019 9:09 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yes I agree the way Dany has been treated is rather illogical. It was fine prior to the battle of Winterfell but makes much less sense now. The writers seem to just want to force a "Dany gets jealous so Dany goes crazy" arc which is frustrating.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed May 08, 2019 9:11 pm
Romosexual!

I hope Dany burns it all down. Go down in a flame of glory.
You lost 2 of your children (dragons), your BFF and over half of your army.
Fuck them ungrateful bitches!!

Wed May 08, 2019 10:04 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I feel the same for Dany, they are just pushing it with her. Even if she goes crazy its script manipulation and people acting out of character and not because she did something wrong. She never challenged North in the series.

Wed May 08, 2019 10:51 pm
Extraordinary

Rev wrote:
I hope Dany burns it all down.

She did exactly that, women and children be damned.

Sun May 12, 2019 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

You want plot armor, Arya and a horse, the only survivers in kings landing, talk about bad writing.

Sun May 12, 2019 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Gurrrrrrrlllll

Cersei voy everything I wanted will forever be my fave character ever.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun May 12, 2019 10:39 pm
Extraordinary

First, this episode was epic and eases the pain of rhaegals cheap though gory death.

I see what Dany did here in a way. King’s Landing and it’s people are part of the problem. I think razing the city to the ground rather than its symbolism living on and that damn iron throne all had to go. They need to start over. This is the only way. They can rebuil a new city over the ruins and the terrible past history of the previous ruler. She should have done this the first time when she landed and had three dragons but tyrion... trying to save his evil sister. Seriously! Jaime using brienne just to free her from being a virgin. There was no love there. Sick. Now I’m curious how things truly end.

#MAGA #KAG!

Sun May 12, 2019 11:05 pm
100% That Bitch

Arya killing Dany. That's how.
Danny can't be loved after going mad queen

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun May 12, 2019 11:17 pm
Extraordinary

Who needs to be loved?
That clearly hasn’t helped her the minute she landed in Westeros

#MAGA #KAG!

Sun May 12, 2019 11:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 59  Next