Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 'The Amazing Race 14' Thread 
Sbil

Post 'The Amazing Race 14' Thread
Everyone's favorite globetrotting show of reality bliss, The Amazing Race, returns for season #14 tonight on CBS at 8 PM EST. Hopefully, now that football is done with, it won't start at 8:45 75% of the time like it did last season.

Here are our teams:

Image AMANDA & KRIS (Dating)
Image BRAD & VICTORIA (Married)
Image CARA & JAIME (Former NFL Cheerleaders)
Image CHRISTIE & JODI (Flight Attendants)
Image JENNIFER & PRESTON (Dating)
Image KISHA & JEN (Sisters)
Image LINDA & STEVE (Married)
Image MARGIE & LUKE (Mother/Son)
Image MARK & MICHAEL (Brothers/Stuntmen)
Image MEL & MIKE (Father/Son)
Image TAMMY & VICTOR (Siblings/Lawyers)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/

Last edited by Libs on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:56 pm
Draughty

Post Re: The Amazing Race 14 Thread (meet the teams!)
It looks like they are determined to have an all female team win this year.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
"no rank"

Libs wrote:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/

Mike White (the actor/screenwriter from School of Rock, among others) is on one of the teams with his father!

I think its interesting that the shows are moving away from everyday people. One of the singers from the 90's R&B band SWV is in the new Survivor cast, along with several multimillionaires.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:35 pm
The Wall

Contestants always look blah when they get their photos released...

Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Post Re: 'The Amazing Race 14' Thread
Updated the first post. Premieres tonight!

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:55 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Go Mark/Michael!!!

I've wanted to be on this show SO bad.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:59 pm
Cream of the Crop

This would be the reality show I'd most like to go on. Even though I don't like asking questions and physical tasks would not be my friend. But I think I can say "rapido" very nicely.

Very excited for this to be back tonight.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Good premiere. Very close finish at the end.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:29 pm
Team Kris

AgentX wrote:
This would be the reality show I'd most like to go on. Even though I don't like asking questions and physical tasks would not be my friend. But I think I can say "rapido" very nicely.

Very excited for this to be back tonight.

Haha. Indeed, although the one thing I'm not to keen on if I end up on this show is the driving in foreign countries. I can drive stick, I'm just inept in following foreign traffic signs :oops:

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:43 pm
Sbil

It was a good premiere indeed. A lot of the teams seem pretty interesting so far, and there actually was a footrace at the end. We barely know ye, Jennifer and Preston.

Steve and Linda already annoy me so much. He just seems mean and she acts like a blubbering child. Dave and Mary were actually functional and mature in comparison to these two.

How can you not root for Margie and Luke? As long as the powers that be don't amp up the manipulation, I'm sold on them.

Mike White!

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:45 pm
Cream of the Crop

I really enjoyed the premiere. Liked the new credits, will take a few listens to get used to the remix of the theme song, also liked the new amazing maps.

As for the teams I found myself not hating any of them. Which I'm sure will change in the coming weeks but as of now with Steve and Linda being top contenders for the hate list. Everyone else I'm good with.

That cheese task was hilarious! I thought the Swiss made more reliable products than those cheese carriers. I felt bad for Luke though he at one point was running down the hill and he just couldn't stop the momentum. I know how that feels - he handled it better as I actually did a few rolls on the ground during my journey - and it's not pleasant.

Also, an exciting finish, glad to see the bickering couple get eliminated did he honestly think that he could carry her on his back and still beat the other team?

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

AgentX wrote:
I really enjoyed the premiere. Liked the new credits, will take a few listens to get used to the remix of the theme song, also liked the new amazing maps.

As for the teams I found myself not hating any of them. Which I'm sure will change in the coming weeks but as of now with Steve and Linda being top contenders for the hate list. Everyone else I'm good with.

That cheese task was hilarious! I thought the Swiss made more reliable products than those cheese carriers. I felt bad for Luke though he at one point was running down the hill and he just couldn't stop the momentum. I know how that feels - he handled it better as I actually did a few rolls on the ground during my journey - and it's not pleasant.

Also, an exciting finish, glad to see the bickering couple get eliminated did he honestly think that he could carry her on his back and still beat the other team?

The credits! I forgot! They got rid of the creepy head-turns to the camera. I don't know about anyone else but I'm going to miss them. Heh.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:09 pm
"no rank"

here's the routing for this season

Spoiler: show
Start: Los Alamitos, California, United States

1. Stechelberg, Switzerland
2. Salzburg, Austria
3. Bran, Romania
4. Krasnoyarsk, Russia
5. Novosibirsk, Russia
6. Jaipur, India
7. Phuket, Thailand
8. Bangkok, Thailand
9. Guilin, China
10. Beijing, China
11. Beijing, China

Finish: Maui, Hawaii, United States

Not the most exciting...

I'll end up on this show one of these days. My schedule isn't the issue, it's finding someone else who'd have the time off to go. Not sure I'd want to go with my girlfriend. She was having some serious issues with the England-Africa rally race and I would only go on the show if I had a great chance of winning.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:40 am
The Wall

That's an awful route.

OK premiere. I don't like any team though.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

Man, Steve and Linda were terrible. Linda has to be the weakest person on reality TV ever. I'm glad they're gone.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:57 am
The Wall

Next week looks to be fun.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I'm glad Linda and Steve are gone as well. So far they are 2/2 in eliminations that I agree with. As much as one can 'agree' with TAR eliminations.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

I am loving this season so far. It has some of the best casting TAR has seen in a while, and as AgentX said, the Philliminations are 2/2 in terms of who I wanted to go. First they got rid of the useless bickering couple in the form of Preston and Jennifer, now Steve and Linda leave. They're probably nice people but I reallyreallyreally could not have taken a long time of them, especially her.

I honestly have no qualms with any team in the race right now. There are quite a few who I really like, especially Margie/Luke, Mel/Mike and Brad/Victoria.

I didn't notice until this episode how short Mark and Michael are. They must be not much more than 4.5-5 feet tall.

P.S. By the way, does anyone object if I edit in "Eliminated So-And-So Date" next to the team's name when they get booted? I don't need to if people have issues.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:17 pm
Sbil

This season really continues to impress. It's a large step up from last season, where I was pretty much only rooting for one team (I'm still sad about Toni/Dallas and their lost passports fiasco). I don't dislike a single team, really, and I think all of them have interesting dynamics and abilities.

Was really sad to see Brad and Victoria get Philliminated. They were kickass and got foiled by a connecting flight. Admittedly, it's probably a dumb move to go for a connecting flight that wouldn't save you much time even if it does work, but still. Sucks.

Tammy and Victor's flameout from first to eighth this leg was rather spectacular. I don't hate Victor but he's definitely whiny and stubborn. Tammy seems much more level-headed and less irritating. He was acting really petulant and Tammy apparently has the patience of a saint if she always puts up with that.

We're three legs in and all three female/female teams are still in the race. That's pretty interesting. All of them seem competent, too, another plus.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:01 pm
Sbil

Aw. Amanda and Kris were nice, if a little bland (plus, he was reallllly good looking). At this point, there are no real "villains" this season, so every Phillimination is going to have an undercurrent of sadness.

I was most impressed by the two first and second place finishes of Christie/Jodi and Kisha/Jen, respectively. It's pretty amazing that there are still three all-female teams left in the race after four eliminations. It's definitely an unconventional bunch left in the race, especially now that two of the "young dating couples," who often go very far on this show, are gone.

The tasks are also really interesting this season and the locales interesting.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:40 pm
Teenage Dream

I liked Amanda and Kris. Sad to see them go, especially considering they were detoured.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:32 pm
Team Kris

Bye Kris.

At least there's another cute Kris in that other reality show! Haha.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:40 pm
The Wall

I hope the mommy and the mute guy are next in line for elimination. You don't detour people because you get a hard on on someone. I liked Amanda and Kris. They weren't bland. The blondes, the black sisters are much more bland than them.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Underwear running next week with no Kris. :( lol

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:27 pm
Sbil

Christian wrote:
Underwear running next week with no Kris. :( lol

I know, what crappy timing. Instead we have to see one of the stuntmen in their underwear.

There's literally no male eye candy left this season. Victor is not cutting it. Oh well.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next