Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 "Glee" Thread 
Wallflower

Post Re: "Glee" Thread
Unless I missed it he wasn't even mentioned.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:13 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Yes, Demi Lovato is supposed to be Santana's love interest.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:32 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

The premiere was decent. As per usual, the NYC scenes were about a thousand times more interesting. I loved Lea's opening number and also her song with Santana in the diner. McKinley was boring but not hugely annoying so that was a nice change of pace. You could definitely feel Cory Monteith's absence in the premiere though, IMO (he would have clearly been in that last scene without question). There were definitely scenes where I could see he was clearly meant to be included originally. And knowing what happened kind of cast a dark cloud over this otherwise very 'happy,' upbeat premiere. I think they should have at least mentioned Finn (granted he was in the photo Rachel was looking at in Central Park) because the tribute episode is going to feel rather jarring.

Blaine and Kurt's proposal was stupid. But I kind of understand the position the writers are in - a lot of their planned endgame couples are screwed now (between the Monteith situation and the fact that Heather Morris left the show), so I guess they want to keep at least one intact.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:11 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

The Dark Shape wrote:
Since they (stupidly IMO) decided to do the Beatles thing first, what's the story reason for Finn not being in the last scene?

I get what you're saying and I kind of believe the tribute should have come first, but I get why they aired the Beatles episodes beforehand. They were already planned before Cory Monteith died and would have required minimal rewrites, plus the cast probably wasn't ready at that point in time to film an episode about his death since they started production two and a half weeks after it happened. I actually think the production schedule may have been quite long for these episodes since Lea was in NYC filming that opening scene not even two weeks ago.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:19 am
Profile YIM
Sbil

I am determined to soldier through Glee until the very end, no matter how frustrating it is. lol. "Love, Love, Love" was more of the same: good in parts, unbearably silly in others. I'm really curious how the Cory Monteith tribute episode is gonna go.

Also, Lea Michele's rendition of "Yesterday" (my favorite Beatles song, btw) was kinda crushing, knowing what she was probably going through when she did it.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:08 pm
Forum General

As someone who really dislikes Lea Michele, the opening was really beautiful and quite haunting. The entire episode was quite enjoyable, surprisingly enough. I liked the Kurt/Blaine proposal.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:08 am
Profile YIM WWW
Wallflower

Libs wrote:
I am determined to soldier through Glee until the very end, no matter how frustrating it is. lol. "Love, Love, Love" was more of the same: good in parts, unbearably silly in others.

Agreed.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:31 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's useless complaining about things like this on "Glee" at this point, but how in the hell would Tina/Artie/Blaine all get nominated for Prom King/Queen? And then having Tina win? So much for them all being outcasts.

Really enjoyed the NYC scenes though. I thought Demi Lovato was solid and I liked her relationship with Santana already. Also, WTF was that commercial Santana shot? :P

Next week is gonna be rough :( Even the promo was sad.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:44 am
Profile YIM
Forum General

I thought the premiere was much better than last nights episode. It was pretty lame, though I did like the NYC scenes (shocker). I'm hoping next weeks episode is good, but I don't have much hope for it.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Sbil

The reenactment of Carrie was so bizarre. lolwut

On the bright side, New York scenes were good (Santana's yeast infection commercial was actually pretty funny, and Demi Lovato is good so far). I'm so curious/worried about the next episode.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:11 pm
Wallflower

Tina deserved to be Carrie'd :P. I really can't stand her anymore.

I liked the stuff in New York, especially with Dantana ;).

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:02 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I agree - Tina's kind of an annoying bitch :P

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:11 am
Profile YIM
Sbil

Oh my. I'm probably going to cry during the next episode. "Make You Feel My Love" is one of my all time favorite songs and this is a beautiful rendition.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:10 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

This show can be offensively cloying at times but I actually thought that the tribute episode was very well-done. The scene between Finn's mom, Burt and Kurt was probably the most heartbreaking, as were all of Lea Michele's appearances (the last scene between her and Mr. Schue was very moving). Naya Rivera was also really good in this episode. Mark Salling's acting was a bit more questionable though I liked the locker room scene between him and Beiste as it felt the most genuine. It was overall just a very sweet episode and one of the stronger hours this show has had in a while. I really enjoyed the throwbacks to the first season as well.

Since Ryan Murphy has said in interviews Finn's death is going to be a major plot point for the rest of the season I'm curious to see where they take things.

My one complaint would be that I felt that all the new cast members felt out of place. They didn't belong in that opening number or standing in the background of most scenes. That's true of any episode though because I hate them all :P I'm glad the episode almost entirely focused on the original characters.

Last edited by thompsoncory on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:10 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Also, I think they should have had Quinn make an appearance. She was arguably just as important of a character to Finn as Rachel was in the earlier seasons and it didn't make sense that she wouldn't be there (though I guess since this wasn't the funeral and just a memorial it's a bit more excusable). From what I understand Ryan Murphy and Dianna Agron aren't the biggest fans of each other but they should have buried the hatchet for this episode, especially since Dianna is close with most of the cast in real life as well.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:15 am
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Halfway through the West Coast feed and this has been excellent. Achingly sad, of course, but it's GLEE -- the real GLEE that we all loved four years ago. The adults have things to do! The jokes are actually funny!

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:25 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

The Dark Shape wrote:
Halfway through the West Coast feed and this has been excellent. Achingly sad, of course, but it's GLEE -- the real GLEE that we all loved four years ago. The adults have things to do! The jokes are actually funny!

I agree - it really felt like a season 1 episode.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:28 am
Profile YIM
Forum General

I definitely don't think it was up to season one levels. I mean it was a decent episode, but nothing great. There were some genuinely great moments but some absolutely awful cringe worthy ones too. The thing with the hat was horrible and the big reveal with Schue holding it was crying (incredibly awful, I might add) wasn't good at all and took me out of the episode. I do agree the scene in Finn's bedroom was definitely the highlight of the night though, it was beautiful. Overall, it was good but it could have been better.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

Oh and Santana was fucking terrible. :P Finn was her one true love? Seriously? She barely tolerated him. There was some seriously awful writing on last nights episode, it could have been so much better.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:51 am
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

I... question some of the things you thought about the episode. (When did Santana call Finn her one true love? Wha?)

Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:47 pm
Forum General

There was definitely a moment where she said he was her true love or loved him or something. I can't remember. :P She didn't like Finn, she wouldn't have ever said anything like that.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Sbil

Finally saw it. It was messy and uneven, but I cried on and off. Thankfully, they strictly avoided preachiness. By not revealing the cause of Finn's death, they really made the right move here.

I would say some scenes felt overwrought and/or distracting were it not for the fact that the actors were all obviously mourning just like their characters were. "Make You Feel My Love" was heartbreaking.

movies35 wrote:
There was definitely a moment where she said he was her true love or loved him or something. I can't remember. :P She didn't like Finn, she wouldn't have ever said anything like that.

I just watched it and don't remember any such moment.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:03 pm
Sbil

Also, why wasn't Quinn in this episode? I know there is rumored to be bad blood between Dianna Agron and Ryan Murphy but it seemed odd.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:42 pm
The Wall

I'm glad you all were moved with an episode in "honor" of a guy who overdosed and threw away his life. Don't see people crying about hundreds who die every die from hunger and mortal illness who didn't have any choice or say in the way they were gonna die.

Finn was a terrible character, Monteith was a bad actor. Before his death I didn't know about his troubled life. And it would be better if they included the overdose thing in the plot. Glee is way too preachy sometimes and when they finally have a right to be and say: "Look THIS REALLY HAPPENS if you do drugs.", they choose not to take a firm standing in the matter (I haven't watched the episode just to be clear, I'm going by what you all wrote down).

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

_axiom wrote:
I'm glad you all were moved with an episode in "honor" of a guy who overdosed and threw away his life. Don't see people crying about hundreds who die every die from hunger and mortal illness who didn't have any choice or say in the way they were gonna die.

Finn was a terrible character, Monteith was a bad actor. Before his death I didn't know about his troubled life. And it would be better if they included the overdose thing in the plot. Glee is way too preachy sometimes and when they finally have a right to be and say: "Look THIS REALLY HAPPENS if you do drugs.", they choose not to take a firm standing in the matter (I haven't watched the episode just to be clear, I'm going by what you all wrote down).

Drug addicts are people too. Addiction is a sickness like many other things. Who are you to judge anyone for mourning the loss of someone, no matter how it happened?

The episode was catharsis for the cast and crew of the show, not a manufactured plot point. This all sounds very callous and unflattering.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next