Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Retro-Rewind (A Blatant Rip-Off of The Nostalgia Thread) 
New Server, Same X

Post Retro-Rewind (A Blatant Rip-Off of The Nostalgia Thread)
Sorry Rogue, but I'll credit it as a good idea. Think back to some of the shows you watched as a kid, and let us know if you've dropped in on new episodes (if the show is still in production) or reruns lately.

One of the shows I watched as a kid and loved was "Full House". A year or two ago, I watched two entire repeats, and was cringing the entire way through. Thank God nothing on TV is this sappy anymore. "Home Improvement" was my favorite show, and despite some corny family moments, the show does age very well, in large part to Tim Allen's humor.

And, the ol' cartoon side: "Looney Tunes" was a big part of my childhood, 40 years after their original airings. On Saturday mornings, you'd be hard-pressed to find anything better than Looney Tunes, followed by WWF Wrestling and WCW Wrestling, too, all on CTV. Those were damn good times. Later on, it was all replaced by Disney's One Saturday Morning, which featured "Brand Spankin' New" Doug, Pepper Ann, Disney's Recess, and odd little shorts in between on this goofy Disney show, that lasted around 3 hours, I believe. I was some pissed, but I got used to it. Now, on CTV, I can't even get quality cartoons anymore. Doesn't it seem cartoons for kids are ONLY for kids nowadays? I can't watch Pokemon anymore, can't get into any new Scooby Doo mysteries, and anything anime is just wrong. Saturday morning cartoons that can appeal to anyone are long gone, sadly.

Wow, that was more about cartoons than I thought. Well, recall some of your favorite shows as a kid!

Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:29 pm
No Wire Tampons!

+ Thomas the Tank Engine
+ Saved By The Bell
+ Kenan and Kell
+ Fireman Sam
+ Poddington Peas
+ Sabrina
+ Clarissa Explains it All
+ Sister Sister and Sweet Valey High [what a gay child]
+ Doug

Millions of shows i cant even remember

Oldies i enjoy watching now include
+ Charlies Angels
+ Murder, She Wrote
+ Dukes of Hazzard
+ Magnum P.I
+ Mad About You
+ Friends :)
+ Moonlighting

Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Sorry is as sorry does Mr. X. I shall just edit my post now to make it in direct competition. :wink:

Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:09 pm
rustiphica

Disney's one saturday morning ruled! I used to watch that every fucking saturday when I was a youngin'! Doug and Recess rules so much.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]