Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 TV's SAG Award Winners 
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Post TV's SAG Award Winners
SAG Winners for Television:
Ensemble in a Drama Seris - CSI
Actor in a Drama Series - Jerry Orbach, Law and Order
Actress in a Drama Series - Jennifer Garner, Alias
Best Actress in a Miniseries TV - Glenn Close, Lion in Winter
Actor in a Miniseries TV - Geoffrey Rush, Life and Death of Peter Sellars
Best Actor - comedy series - Tony Shalhoub, Monk
Best Actress - comedy series - Teri Hatcher, Desperate Housewives
Ensemble - comedy series - Desperate Housewives

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Ensemble in a Drama Seris - CSI = Nice that the ratings champs gets this recognition
Actor in a Drama Series - Jerry Orbach, Law and Order - I think he just passed away - Never watched this show.
Actress in a Drama Series - Jennifer Garner, Alias - One of the high-powered tv women.
Best Actress in a Miniseries TV - Glenn Close, Lion in Winter
Actor in a Miniseries TV - Geoffrey Rush, Life and Death of Peter Sellars
Best Actor - comedy series - Tony Shalhoub, Monk - never seen but people have been raving about him for years - wonder if there is any Columbo in his past.
Best Actress - comedy series - Teri Hatcher, Desperate Housewives - nice to see as she was big on tv 10 years ago on Lois & Clark as one of the hot / funny women.
Ensemble - comedy series - Desperate Housewives - people really love this show - I only watched first episode - wonder will it continue for years to come.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I think it's incredibly insulting to Jerry Orbach that they never nominated him before, and they suddenly nominate him to look good after he dies. A great actor, who deserved so much more recognition before this. Still, a deserved win. We'll miss you, Jerry.

Jennifer Garner = Great, well-deserved win. Was she there? I never got to see this.

Teri Hatcher, while the comedy favorite, is not the best on the show. Marcia takes the cake, but unfortunately when she falls into a comedy category, her character isn't the most laugh-inducing character on the show.

CSI = Deserved win, as well. It's about time it got recognized as more than the highest rated show on television.

Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:54 pm
Forum General

I think it's incredibly insulting to Jerry Orbach that they never nominated him before, and they suddenly nominate him to look good after he dies. A great actor, who deserved so much more recognition before this. Still, a deserved win. We'll miss you, Jerry.

Jennifer Garner = Great, well-deserved win. Was she there? I never got to see this.

Teri Hatcher, while the comedy favorite, is not the best on the show. Marcia takes the cake, but unfortunately when she falls into a comedy category, her character isn't the most laugh-inducing character on the show.

CSI = Deserved win, as well. It's about time it got recognized as more than the highest rated show on television.

Garner was there, maybe someone from the movie side can comment as more of them watched the show. ( I know that she is a favorite of Mav and Michael )

I saw on the news, that she was commenting after her win. And since this is the SAGS, I think everyone was there.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Yeah the Jerry thing was a bit transparent, wasnt it?

Anyway, finally Garner gets a S.A.G, i thought her awards slew had stalled after her Golden Globe, but no, now she wins!

Shes now won quite a few awards, and has been nominated practically every year for lead drama actress by all major awards boards. That means shes now got a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild award, a Teen Choice award , a ShoWest special award and an MTV movie award amoungst others.

Its a big honour to be appreciated by such famous and well known people as the members of the SAG, so im glad she won :D

Go Garner go

Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

On Jennifer Garner, I think the things that helped her win are that there aren't alot of big players on tv dramas and her exposure from Elektra.

You have the 2 ladies from Law & Order & CSI. Forget about the girl from Joan of Arcadia as I am not sure if the show is as big as in the first season and she is too young. Plus the hype from her 2 types of Alias commericals - I am going to kick you ass and I can be anyone. I know in LA, her I can be anyone billboards promoting Alias are all over the place.

So on Garner, you have the sexy appeal and with the movie Elektra coming out, her exposure was very high pushing her to an easy win.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:22 am
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Shes just an actress whos finally breaking into BIGTIME mainstream, and is facing more positive and negative receptions as a result.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

The sign of a developing actress. When she was just on Alias, she was praised a lot. Now that she's breaking into the mainstream a bit more, she's getting a bit more criticism as a result. Should only strengthen her, I hope.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:31 pm
life begins now

Way to go CSI!! About time they win something. I have a feeling they'll get the Best Drama win at the Emmy's because The Soprano's isn't eligible this year, plus the fact that The West Wing is on the outs. (In terms of Emmys). I also think that Jorja Fox from CSI has a shot at supporting actress if she submits last week's episode.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:40 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]