Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Rejected 'Idol' projectionist cries foul 
Sbil

Post Rejected 'Idol' projectionist cries foul
This is really interesting for those of you who watched American Idol about a week and a half ago (the episode with Leroy, the crunk guy, specifically). Does anyone remember the geeky projectionist guy? He claims that his audition was edited in a way that was completely untrue. Well, I was just reading this article in Entertainment Weekly about it all. Here is the article (typed by yours truly, since I read it in a magazine and not online):

OUT OF TUNE
Is American Idol bending the rules?

What would a new season of Fox's American Idol be without some off-key controversey? The Internet's already buzzing about two auditions, first involving the 27-year-old Boyz II Men-lovin Molfetta twins, who owe their screen time to an age-limit increase from 24 to 28. Apparently, Rich and J.P. released an R&B pop album, When the Smoke Clears, in 1998 on an indie label. But wait, isn't the show supposed to be for amateurs only? "The rule is that you cannot currently be signed to a management or recording contract," says a rep for the show. "Whatever they've done in the past is a moot point." So what about recent reject Robert Solomon (a.k.a. the Lonely Projectionist)? He claims on his personal blog, http://poodleface.livejournal.com that he actually sang his ear-splitting rendition of "Dancing in the Street" in front of two British producers - not Simon Cowell & co. Yet on the Jan. 25 episode, Cowell seemed to be panning the number in person. "The performance that aired was part of Robert's audition process," say producers. "Each contestant goes through several filmed auditions as they advance." A reply that doesn't quite make our cut.

You can read Robert Solomon's blog at http://poodleface.livejournal.com/ He explains the whole situation from his point-of-view.

Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:31 pm
Some days I'm a super bitch

Before people go and audition, they have to sign a contract that gives the producers of the show the right to edit their audition in any way.

Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

I watched an episode of American Idol yesterday - it was just as annoyingly watchable as it always ways, but i left halfway to stop that pit of the tummy feeling and listened to alot of Blondie

Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]