Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3 
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3
Finally caught up on this series tonight and watched Monday's episode just a few minutes ago. A few thoughts...

I'm beyond happy they FINALLY are giving Kristen Bell something to do. I've said time and time before that they were moronic for having such a talented actress and basically putting her in the background. But they finally seem to be getting the right idea and realizing that Elle is easily one of the series' most interesting and intriguing characters. She's the best part of the show for me right now, hands down. I loved the whole thing between her and Claire where she came to her for help, loved the Elle-Sylar flashbacks and LOVED the whole confrontation between her and Sylar in the latest episode. I completely disagree with the critics who dislike their relationship - I'm loving it so far. They just need to make her a full-time cast member. She's so much better than several of the horrible characters on this show.

Claire, Sylar and H.R.G. continue to be favorites of mine as well. I also really like Parkman and surprisingly Daphne this season, the latter of whom I thought would be annoying at the beginning. And Arthur is turning into a great villain. The other Petrellis suck. Milo Ventimiglia has turned into quite a horrible actor.

Hiro's storyline is complete filler this year, and I still don't buy the whole Tracy Strauss thing. They should have found a way to bring Nikki back, it's distracting having Ali Larter play an entirely new character.

Finally, I HATE HATE HATE MOHINDER. Can the writers please just kill him off? He's the most boring character on any network television series. They got the right idea by getting rid of Maya...now just take the next step.

Anyways, this has been a good season overall. The latest episode was actually pretty great and the best episode so far.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:22 am
Profile YIM
Sbil

I feel so disinterested in Heroes lately. It's been OK lately but the plotlines are so wildly uneven that I spend about half the episode just feeling bored.

Like, when you've got Claire, Sylar, Elle, Bennet, Meredith or Sandra, Daphne or someone else interesting, the show's pretty solid.

But then the rest of the plotlines make me want to fall asleep.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:47 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Libs wrote:
I feel so disinterested in Heroes lately. It's been OK lately but the plotlines are so wildly uneven that I spend about half the episode just feeling bored.

Like, when you've got Claire, Sylar, Elle, Bennet, Meredith or Sandra, Daphne or someone else interesting, the show's pretty solid.

But then the rest of the plotlines make me want to fall asleep.

I really couldn't have said it better actually.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:01 am
Profile YIM
You must have big rats

So...this might have been the season's worst episode. Nothing noteworthy happened.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

Boring episode.

I wish Kristen Bell would bail on Heroes. After neglecting her character they started to do what they do best - destroy them.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

Tom Kring says you are a sap or a dipshit if you watch this show when it's broadcast over the air, as opposed to online or with dvr and other alternate ways.

"The engine that drove [serialized TV] was you had to be in front of the TV [when it aired]. Now you can watch it when you want, where you want, how you want to watch it, and almost all of those ways are superior to watching it on air. So [watching it] on air is related to the saps and the dips**s who can't figure out how to watch it in a superior way."

Smooth move, insult the audience. Besides it's wrong, watching it as it airs on a nice tv is a lot more enjoyable to me than watching it on a computer of a small ipod screen.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Archie Gates wrote:
Tom Kring says you are a sap or a dipshit if you watch this show when it's broadcast over the air, as opposed to online or with dvr and other alternate ways.

"The engine that drove [serialized TV] was you had to be in front of the TV [when it aired]. Now you can watch it when you want, where you want, how you want to watch it, and almost all of those ways are superior to watching it on air. So [watching it] on air is related to the saps and the dips**s who can't figure out how to watch it in a superior way."

Smooth move, insult the audience. Besides it's wrong, watching it as it airs on a nice tv is a lot more enjoyable to me than watching it on a computer of a small ipod screen.

Wow. He seems like a lovely person.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:17 pm
The Wall

He's just frustrated. Admitting that he still doesn't know what to do with Heroes after admitting fucking up the whole second season seems a bit too much for his pride so he obviously takes it out on the few people that still care about the show. Not a smooth move at all.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

It shouldn't surprise anyone that he would say something like that. I mean... just look at Heroes... that's who we're dealing with here. Besides being the number one way for people to watch TV (I mean, it is called a television after all), that's still the number most people, including networks, watch out for. DVRs and internet downloads factor in, but it'll be a while before they're as important (or more) than good ol' TV ratings.

That aside, I don't know... I'm still enjoying watching the show. I just don't think too much about it. It's a show to watch. I don't think it's as good as anything else I watch, but I'm not going to bail on it. I'd hate to miss the eventual (not) resurgence in quality.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:56 pm
The Wall

The last episode was such a big borefest. I doubt Heroes will stop declining in the ratings anytime soon.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I know the never ending eclipse was so dumb. The big question will 24 kill this in the ratings? I still wonder if NBC will consider canceling it.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

The show had SOO much potential and was driven into the ground and abandoned for the crap it is. I'll watch it until the end, simply because the concept, the general idea was so good that I can't let it go, but i'm saddened by what the show has become now.

It's a shame, because this show could have been epic. Alas, Now I only have HBO's Song of Ice and Fire to look forward too.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
I know the never ending eclipse was so dumb. The big question will 24 kill this in the ratings? I still wonder if NBC will consider canceling it.

Well, I know personally that I'm planning on ditching Heroes for 24.

We won't know how Heroes is affected until February then because NBC announced their midseason schedule and some Michael Flatley dancing thing (?) is on Mondays for two hours throughout January.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:14 pm
invading your spaces

Eagle wrote:
The show had SOO much potential and was driven into the ground and abandoned for the crap it is. I'll watch it until the end, simply because the concept, the general idea was so good that I can't let it go, but i'm saddened by what the show has become now.

It's a shame, because this show could have been epic. Alas, Now I only have HBO's Song of Ice and Fire to look forward too.

I'm kind of curious. Kring said he had a "5 year plan" for the show. I'd like to know the behind-the-scenes on this show and why things panned out the way they did.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Owner

I have a hard time seeing any plan, and the shows writers should never work in Hollywood again.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Just watched the latest episode. Aside from Sylar and Elle, I couldn't have cared less about what was going on.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:53 pm
Profile YIM
You must have big rats

*sigh*

Another mediocre episode.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:15 pm
Sbil

Finally caught last week's episode.

It was so relentlessly plodding and lame. Even most of the actors who used to be good on this show (like Hayden Panettiere, who must be running lines with her boyfriend Milo this season as Television Without Pity suggested) don't even look like they're trying/give a crap anymore. I feel bad for people like Kristen Bell and Zachary Quinto, who are trapped in godawful storylines forced to constantly spout ridiculous dialogue.

I think that may have been my final episode, unless I hear things really picked up. But I doubt it.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:08 pm
problem?

Even though everyone seems to hate Heroes now.. I'm actually somewhat excited for tonight's episode. All because of Elle and Sylar. The relationship with Sylar has made Elle one of my favs. But that's mainly because Claire has been terrible this season. Hayden has forgotten how to act. I blame Milo's sperm for the loss of her acting talent and charm that she had in season 1 and a little bit in season 2. His sperm has eaten away at it and destroyed her.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:11 pm
je vois l'avenir

i think I'm done.

----Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince)

A Lonely Person is at Home Everywhere.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:44 am
Extraordinary

misutaa wrote:
i think I'm done.

Yeah I was shocked they killed Elle there goes my theory about Sylar's kid. I think I might give up when 24 comes back. I think there is just one more episode left before that.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:25 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

Elle died? One of the very, very few characters left I actually liked? I guess Kristen Bell wanted out.

I'm definitely peacing from this show haha

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:12 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

WHAT?!?!?!? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :rant: :rant: :rant:

FUCK THIS SHOW. I can't believe they kill off the best character on the show right now after giving Kristen Bell pretty much nothing to do up until the last two episodes or so. Ugh, I'm infuriated right now. They could have killed off anyone else in this annoying cast and I wouldn't have cared.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:18 am
Profile YIM
Stanley Cup

Ellle sucked on this show. The only reason any of you even liked the character was because of the actress.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next