Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3
Dr. Lecter wrote:
I'm not sure why I keep watching this. It's like a routine by now, I am never excited about new episodes...haven't been since the beginning of this season.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I have this feeling it'll suddenly get better, but it never does really. And recently, I've really started noticing how awful the dialogue is on Heroes. At least before, they had the benefit of some interesting characters, and the actors didn't look like they were straining to come up with the words. But now, with only two characters I really like (Sylar and Daphne), I can notice how the writers are penning some bad scripts.

Anyway, I just watched last week's episode. The Sylar storyline was the only interesting part of the episode. I only hope and assume Daphne isn't dead. I mean, that was a tad unceremonious to be a big death on the show. I just hope she doesn't really bite the dust later this season. She's the only interesting new character this show has been able to create since Elle.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:12 pm
You must have big rats

No one really dies on Heroes.

I think the only way to actually turn around the series at his point is to really go all out at the end of some season and kill off half of the cast, among them some MAJOR characters (like Mohinder, Nathan...) and then kinda start anew with a smaller team up against some big baddie (Sylar!).

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Eagle wrote:
Tough to swallow, but if you can, I think this season has actually been a step in the right direction. Realistally, it's about as good as I could have hoped for thus far.

I just watched the latest episode, and I really dug it a lot. The show is slow getting going this volume, but there's still hope that it can turn things around.

But the cast is overcrowded with a few rotting characters. I'm not even in the camp of getting rid of half the cast. But some big players need to be cut loose.

-The Petrelli Family: Peter especially has to go. There's some unwritten rule that Peter has to be the main character, but he doesn't add much. Not since Season 1. Besides, one character does not need all the power he has (or had), at least not a hero. A villain like Sylar, sure. Nathan's not that good anymore either. I'm not saying to kill him off, but downgrade him to a guest star next season. And Mama Petrelli is a bit of dead weight too.

-Suresh: No brainer. They made him a boring scientist, he sucked. They made him a monster, he sucked. Now he's wandering aimlessly with Peter and Parkman. Plus, I don't recall any voiceovers lately. Perhaps they're prepping his death.

-Noah/HRG: Unless they decide exactly what they want to do with him, he's becoming a useless character too. Either make him good or make him bad. None of this "I'm a good guy doing bad things to protect my family" business.

Everyone else is fine for now.

By the way, you can really tell a difference in quality when part of the cast is missing like last week ('cept for the brief appearance of Suresh, Parkman and Peter at the end).

Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:01 pm
Site Owner

Peter isn't going anywhere, the rest are possibilities, but I doubt it. The good thing is they finally fixed the whole time travel thing, at least for now: Hiro has no powers, Peter can only hold one at a time.

The only overpowered character left is Sylar, and he's a villain so it works. I still maintain they're getting there, it just may be too little too late.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

The last episode seems like the best in ages. And I'm starting to realize why - they focused more on a few characters and didn't jump too much. That helped a lot. I am also enjoying Sylar's story now. Can't wait to find out who his father is. I also like the Rebel thing.

It also helped a lot that Peter and Mohinder were barely there. Fuck them.

Now it wasn't all great, the scenes with Ando and Hiro were quite stupid. But I hope Heroes can keep this up.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I know Peter's not going anywhere. Doesn't mean I like him any more.

Oh, and I started watching my Season 1 DVD tonight. Milo actually talks... normal! No deep Bale-Batman, "I'm a tough guy!" voice. That's part of it too. Milo's putting too much into the role, surprisingly. He's overacting.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:36 pm
You must have big rats

I wonder who else on KJ still hasn't given up on the show.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Dr. Lecter wrote:
The last episode seems like the best in ages. And I'm starting to realize why - they focused more on a few characters and didn't jump too much. That helped a lot. I am also enjoying Sylar's story now. Can't wait to find out who his father is. I also like the Rebel thing.

It also helped a lot that Peter and Mohinder were barely there. Fuck them.

Now it wasn't all great, the scenes with Ando and Hiro were quite stupid. But I hope Heroes can keep this up.

The Rebel thing reminds me of the snitch in Jericho. I bet you the Rebel is that Hunter guy trying to undermine Nathan...Kind of like he did with the prisoner.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

So someone was just dying to watch this tonight, and I reluctantly gave it a shot. Yikes, I really don't feel like I've missed much, at all.

On a conceptual level, I really don't think a live action superhero show was meant to be. Certainly not like this.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:55 am
Draughty

Dr. Lecter wrote:

I've given up but I'm willing to give it another sampling once the episodes written after Fuller's return start, I'm not sure when that will be though.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Dr. Lecter wrote:

I tape it and watch after I watch 24 or the next day. I still keep up with it and am hopeful it can better but am like Eagle and wonder if it is too late to save it.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Last night's episode dipped to 6.91 million viewers. I guess I wasn't the only one who stopped watching.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:46 pm
Hatchling

Libs wrote:
Last night's episode dipped to 6.91 million viewers. I guess I wasn't the only one who stopped watching.

That's a big shame actually, as for 58 minutes or so, it was a pretty damn good episode. And then... the reveal.

Ugh.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:24 pm
New Server, Same X

If they could write Peter, Mohinder and HRG the same way they did this week in every episode, I might take a shine to them.

The last two episodes seemed like such vast improvements over Volume 2 and much of Volume 3. Maybe it's just me, but I'm actually interested in the show again. It's not at Season 1 levels yet, and I doubt it ever will be, but I'm buying into the whole "It's getting better" thing that we've been promised since Hiro went 300 years into the past to meet a drunken Sark.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:40 pm
Stanley Cup

this past episode was so fucking useless it was unbelievable. it was an hour of just spinning wheels. like usual. And of course, another city blowing up. god this show sucks.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:09 pm
The Wall

The last episode sucked hard. Seriously the first one that needs to go is Greg Grunberg. I never had an opinion on him, bu I was so frustrated with him this last episode I doubt I'll ever be able to watch him again on screen without puking all over. Ewww.

At least it's not NY blowing up anymore.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Site Owner

These writers should never work in Hollywood again, seems like this could be Heroes last year ...

Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:19 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Nite Owl wrote:
And of course, another city blowing up.

Yeah.... *sigh* Seriously...a tiny bit more originality would do this some good.

Anyway...anyone seen the latest episode?

Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Well, I have caught up on the last episode now.

Very very meh.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

John Glover made this episode decent, too bad he is probably not coming back.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:40 am
Profile WWW
Wall-E

I'm not sure I get what Hunter's plan was supposed to be...turning Parkman into a human bomb to make all people with powers look bad? Wouldn't it be better to say, frame him for public destruction that you know, involved his powers? Otherwise, he's just some guy who blew up a park, now a dangerous a telepath.

I bet his beef against superpowered individual involves a tragedy, likely his wife. Like, she was killed by a guy who had the power to shoot lasers out of his eyes.

In a car crash.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:55 am
Profile YIM WWW
The Wall

A decent episode. But they're beating around the bush with the whole senator/hunter/HRG plot. Thankfully it seems like its over and Nathan is a fugitive now too.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

The finale airs on April 13th apparently. Pretty early, actually. It's called "I Am Sylar".

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

Trouble on the Heroes set. Hayden refuses to be on the set at the same time as her father. She wants him fired from the show.

And by father I mean Milo. So don't expect any Claire/Peter scenes in the future, unless they force them.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:56 pm
The Wall

They both need to go. Claire much more than Peter. Which is a shame as Hayden is a better actress but they've been just dragging her for these past two seasons.

And it really needs to end soon, so April 13th works fine. They really need to step up the next volume and make it at least pretty good if they want another season after the fourth.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next