Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3 
Draughty

Post Re: The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3
Nathan is her father, not Peter. But anyway, for me last week's episode wasn't awful and this week's was watchable and interesting. Was it great? No but I never found the series to be great even when it was at it's best. At best it's a pleasant disposable entertainment which is about what it was this week.

The dialog was a lot better, the storytelling quality has been raised. What was missing before (among other things) was making the storytelling so that it felt like it came to some kind of cohesiveness near the end of the hour instead of just another never ending soap chapter. Think HIMYM or DH, how they are good at storytelling, it needed more of that and it got a little of it this week.

Also it looked better, camera and angles and such. I remember back in season 1 when I used to post that I didn't even care much what was happening, the show just looked neat, you could almost watch it with the sound off.

That's not saying I'll keep watching regularly and care about it, but if it keeps this up at least it's not something I'll try to avoid. For a long time I've been changing the channel as fast as I can after Chuck. ;)

About Claire, what annoys me most about her is her painted on fakey eyebrows, they used to be real.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

Archie Gates wrote:
Nathan is her father, not Peter.

Korrgan meant her "father" because Milo/Peter is Hayden Panettiere's ex-boyfriend and is a good 12 years older than her.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:22 am
Draughty

Oh! Hah well I approve of any snarking about that.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:25 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Half of the cast needs to go. Let's be honest how many of them have interesting storylines going on?

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Half of the cast needs to go. Let's be honest how many of them have interesting storylines going on?

They already killed the characters with interesting storylines.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

You know what's funny? That the Season 2 thread could get 17 pages with just 11 episodes and this probably won't get as many with 13 more episodes.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

be.redy wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

They already killed the characters with interesting storylines.

I know they killed of two of the best characters they created in Elle and Adam. Only Sylar really has a good storyline going on.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:23 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Sasw the last episode. A marginal improvement over the one before. The scenes between Sylar and his father were good, but after all the build-up it kinda felt like a non-event.

Claire's plot just sucks at the moment.

Nathan is a retard, one of the most annoying characters on the show.

I loved the restaurant scene with Angela and Danko, though.

Last edited by Dr. Lecter on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

Skyblade wrote:
I'm not sure I get what Hunter's plan was supposed to be...turning Parkman into a human bomb to make all people with powers look bad? Wouldn't it be better to say, frame him for public destruction that you know, involved his powers? Otherwise, he's just some guy who blew up a park, now a dangerous a telepath.

I bet his beef against superpowered individual involves a tragedy, likely his wife. Like, she was killed by a guy who had the power to shoot lasers out of his eyes.

In a car crash.

Has nothing to do with his powers, the public doesn't know 'powers' exist, so when the public saw the footage, they assumed it was terrorists being mistreated. Thus create a terrorist attack, scare people, and walla, people won't care about mistreating them.

Oh and I agree, the only interesting storyline as of now is Sylars. He should just kill everyone and the show should end.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

That was probably the best episode of Heroes I've ever watched, and Sylar wasn't in it ... wow. Not bad, hope they finally found their stride, even if it is too late.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Yeah that was a very very good episode of Heroes... To bad the season is almost over. Angela was really really good and they're limiting powers now with Hiro... I guess they've learned not to give god-like powers.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

I think this was the first episode written by the guy that was the driving force behind season 1 that they rehired.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:41 pm
You must have big rats

Eh, the episode wasn't that great. At least they finally get smarter and kill off some characters. However, killing Daphe was kinda stupid (thought it was a geniunely sad moment). Especially since they kinda killd her off twice. First when we thought she was dead...and then when she actually ended up dead. Meh.

And where was Sylar?

But as for Tracy - good riddance!

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

I found this episode to be a surprising step down in quality from the mild improvement of the last two weeks and I might not watch anymore. It isn't helping that Daphne was the only new Hero since the start of the series that I liked. If they kill off anyone else it should be Parkman. Grunberg seems like a nice guy but he is one of the worst actors on tv.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Archie Gates wrote:
I found this episode to be a surprising step down in quality from the mild improvement of the last two weeks and I might not watch anymore. It isn't helping that Daphne was the only new Hero since the start of the series that I liked. If they kill off anyone else it should be Parkman. Grunberg seems like a nice guy but he is one of the worst actors on tv.

Yeah, they're killing off the wrong characters. Not sure who's telling the writers what to do, but they're getting bad info. I hold out hope that the "No one really dies on Heroes" philosophy holds true and Daphne will actually be alive in Season 4. As I understand it, Brea Grant (Daphne) is off filming Halloween 2 which prevents any more Season 3 appearances. But maybe Baby Matt will bring her back to life? :unsure: Or maybe she really is dead. Just seems like a waste for Parkman, considering he's been pining over her for most of Season 3.

I didn't like the part where Iced Tracy winks at the camera after her "death." If she's actually not dead, why ruin a later plot surprise?

Anyway, that whole Paris sequence was very Bryan Fuller. Seemed like something straight out of Pushing Daisies. Too bad it served as an end to a pretty great character.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:50 pm
Stanley Cup

Daphne needed to die. She had no chemistry with Parkman and they tried to force a relationship between the two that never made sense.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:09 pm
Sbil

Oh, they killed off Tracy? Guess they're gonna have Ali Larter play the third triplet woman now.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:12 pm
New Server, Same X

Libs wrote:
Oh, they killed off Tracy? Guess they're gonna have Ali Larter play the third triplet woman now.

The Tracy part might not be. When she broke up (remember her power was being able to freeze things? she had a sequence last night where she ended up freezing herself and everything around her, and the lead baddie of the volume shot her and she broke into a thousand pieces), her eye was intact and she winked at the camera. So she can probably put herself back together after that. Makes sense, I suppose. Although that radioactive dude from Season 1 couldn't blow himself up and live. Heroes has its own logic.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:21 pm
Extraordinary

Yeah either Tracy isn't dead or they will bring in the third girl. Sucks about Daphne they keep killing off the good characters.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Tracy is NOT dead.
I won't miss Daphne.
Glad Mika is back.

Good episode :thumbsup:

Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:59 pm
All Star Poster

Mister Ecks wrote:
Libs wrote:

The Tracy part might not be. When she broke up (remember her power was being able to freeze things? she had a sequence last night where she ended up freezing herself and everything around her, and the lead baddie of the volume shot her and she broke into a thousand pieces), her eye was intact and she winked at the camera. So she can probably put herself back together after that. Makes sense, I suppose. Although that radioactive dude from Season 1 couldn't blow himself up and live. Heroes has its own logic.

Was that a wink or was that a tear? I thought it was an eye close with a tear.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Neostorm wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
Libs wrote:

Was that a wink or was that a tear? I thought it was an eye close with a tear.

Oh, maybe it was a tear. I don't know, her eye moved. That's all I know.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:35 pm
You must have big rats

Bryan Fuller on Tracy's and Daphne's fates:

Spoiler: show
"Number One, Tracy is not dead, the blink was added because the creators on the show didn't want to create another death that had no consequences, so they wanted to establish that Tracy wasn't dead from the get-go. She basically gets away into the drain. Second, Daphne is dead. Masi asks Fuller point-blank and Fuller confirms that Daphne's death is permanent. Third, Fuller basically spoiled part of Tracy's storyline for next season, mentioning that Micah's little speech to her in the parking garage is going to be the kick-start for her to become a better person, a leader of the good guys."

Bleh

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:22 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Also some things about the rest of the season:

- There will be "concentration camps" for the super-powered

- A major character will apparently die in the season finale and it will be a permanent death. he character will NOT be Matt. (my guess is either Nathan or Mohinder)

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I hope its Mohinder. IMO he is not needed he's annoying and he doesn't have any powers.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next