Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: The "Heroes" Thread: Season 3
Nite Owl wrote:
Ellle sucked on this show. The only reason any of you even liked the character was because of the actress.

Elle was great on this show. The only reason you didn't like the character was because of the actress.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:09 pm
Stanley Cup

Mr. Joseph X wrote:
Nite Owl wrote:
Ellle sucked on this show. The only reason any of you even liked the character was because of the actress.

Elle was great on this show. The only reason you didn't like the character was because of the actress.

not true at all, i like kirsten bell a lot

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:26 pm
New Server, Same X

Nite Owl wrote:
Mr. Joseph X wrote:
Nite Owl wrote:

not true at all, i like kirsten bell a lot

Fine, I apologize. I mistook you for someone else.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:32 pm
Extraordinary

I will make a prediction, the show will go under 5 million viewers and NBC will cancel it in the summer saying the show costs too much to produce.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
I will make a prediction, the show will go under 5 million viewers and NBC will cancel it in the summer saying the show costs too much to produce.

the show has stabilized. It'll make season 4

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:31 pm
Sbil

Jedi Master Carr wrote:

NBC is in far too much trouble otherwise to cancel Heroes.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:22 pm
New Server, Same X

Libs wrote:
Even most of the actors who used to be good on this show (like Hayden Panettiere, who must be running lines with her boyfriend Milo this season as Television Without Pity suggested)

Milo: From the top, Hayden. You can do this! I believe in you.
Hayden: 'Peter, we have to find Sylar, it's the only way to stop this thing from happening!'
Milo: No, all wrong. You need to be more intense! From the top.
Hayden: 'Peter, we HAVE to FIND Sylar...'
Milo: No, not intense enough. Do it like you're solving a really hard math problem in your head. From the top.
Hayden: 'Peter...'
Milo: Are you even listening, Hayden? MORE INTENSE. When you're looking at the other person, you have to look like you're trying to make their head explode just by looking at them. Actually, maybe that can be someone's powers! Call up Tim and tell him we have a great idea. Man, this dialogue is amazing though, isn't it?

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:19 pm
Extraordinary

Nite Owl wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:

the show has stabilized. It'll make season 4

Not when it loses people like me who won't watch it when 24 comes back.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

Mr. Joseph X wrote:
Libs wrote:
Even most of the actors who used to be good on this show (like Hayden Panettiere, who must be running lines with her boyfriend Milo this season as Television Without Pity suggested)

Milo: From the top, Hayden. You can do this! I believe in you.
Hayden: 'Peter, we have to find Sylar, it's the only way to stop this thing from happening!'
Milo: No, all wrong. You need to be more intense! From the top.
Hayden: 'Peter, we HAVE to FIND Sylar...'
Milo: No, not intense enough. Do it like you're solving a really hard math problem in your head. From the top.
Hayden: 'Peter...'
Milo: Are you even listening, Hayden? MORE INTENSE. When you're looking at the other person, you have to look like you're trying to make their head explode just by looking at them. Actually, maybe that can be someone's powers! Call up Tim and tell him we have a great idea. Man, this dialogue is amazing though, isn't it?

Milo: *showers Hayden with his sperm*
Hayden's acting talent: *dries up and dies*

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Saying Elle sucked on this show is an absolute joke considering what some of the other characters have been up to. Mohinder's always been atrocious and is quite possibly the most boring, uninteresting character on any television show currently on the air, but characters such as Peter, Nathan, Angela, Hiro and Matt (wow, that's pretty much the entire cast) that were once pretty interesting have just become tedious and incredibly annoying as of late. And don't even get me started on this ridiculous Tracy Strauss business.

As I said before, the only characters I was still watching for were Sylar, Claire, H.R.G and Elle. The former three haven't been that great this season but I still enjoy their storylines, and I was excited that they were finally giving Elle something to do after giving her nothing during her entire run. But no, they decide to actually kill a character for once (and it's been confirmed as permanent per Michael Ausiello) and don't get rid of some of the unbelieving boring members of this cluttered cast. They've already gotten rid of both Adam and Monica, two interesting characters that should have gotten more to do.

And the wonderful Maya returned this week. :roll: A real step in the right direction there "Heroes."

If Bryan Fuller returns to this show it might restore my faith in it, for he's responsible for what is hands down the best episode of the series (Season 1's "Company Man"). The real problem right now is that the writers seem to have absolutely no idea what they are doing or where any of this is going. It feels so disjointed.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:07 am
Profile YIM
The Wall

I'm glad they killed off Elle. Kristen Bell should get a better material to work with. Heroes ain't worth it. There's no fixing this show anymore.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

be.redy wrote:
I'm glad they killed off Elle. Kristen Bell should get a better material to work with.
Heroes ain't worth it. There's no fixing this show anymore.

Yeah, it's good in a way. The show was wasting such a good actress. Plus, it gives me more of an incentive to break up with Heroes since I enjoy watching about two characters (and then only sometimes) out of like 234954635899834930235209.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:19 pm
Extraordinary

be.redy wrote:
I'm glad they killed off Elle. Kristen Bell should get a better material to work with. Heroes ain't worth it. There's no fixing this show anymore.

That is why I think it will get canned. This show reminds me a lot of Sliders which had a brilliant conception and a great first season but was ruined by bad writing and a dumb network.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

Yeah.. I'll stick with this volume, but once Heroes goes on break till January, I ain't watching it when it returns.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:52 pm
New Server, Same X

I won't abandon it before the next volume. I am anxious to see if they learn from any of their mistakes (all of them) with the proposed Volume 4: Fugitives. Plus Zeljko Ivanek, fresh off an Emmy win, is playing a pivotal role in the next volume.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:42 pm
The Wall

I'm gonna wait and see if Fuller will make a difference. I gues he's on board now that PD is a goner.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

He is. It was confirmed today that he will be returning starting with the 20th episode of the season, and just signed a two-year contract with NBC Universal.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:18 am
Profile YIM
Killing With Kindness

be.redy wrote:
I'm gonna wait and see if Fuller will make a difference. I gues he's on board now that PD is a goner.

if Brian Fuller joins I'll watch this show until I die.

Dead Like Me is the greatest show ever.

Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

thompsoncory wrote:
He is. It was confirmed today that he will be returning starting with the 20th episode of the season, and just signed a two-year contract with NBC Universal.

Oh hell yeah, ill be watching this show till I die. Heroes is back!!!!!!

Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:34 am
Profile WWW
The Wall

BJ wrote:

I can't wait for the movie to finally come out.

BJ wrote:

I would be careful. Heroes might give you a heart attack if it continues to suck exponentially like it has been doing for more than a year now.

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

be.redy wrote:
BJ wrote:

I can't wait for the movie to finally come out.

BJ wrote:

I would be careful. Heroes might give you a heart attack if it continues to suck exponentially like it has been doing for more than a year now.

Indeed February cant come soon enough.

With Fuller now a full time writer we could see company man quality again.

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

His episodes don't begin until the 20th episode of the season, which will air in like April.

Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:14 pm
Killing With Kindness

Korrgan wrote:
His episodes don't begin until the 20th episode of the season, which will air in like April.

ew, thats quite a few months of mediocrity. April cant come soon enough.

Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Eh, I thought this episode was an improvement over the last couple. Yeah, Elle was a solid character, but better they get rid of at least some of them, than just keeping them all.

I also like that Sylar is being back to his usual evil. He should be the main antagonist, the series' big VILLAIN.

Some parts were retarded, especially Peter playing Rambo. How ridiculous. Overall, it was pretty entertaining, though and I felt that more happened this time than usually this season.

Oh and the Breckin Meyer/Seth Green cameos are cool :)

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Am I the only one who thinks they'll just bring back Elle sometime in the future (Season 4 or 5 maybe), saying "Whoops, well she didn't REALLY die obviously!" when the show needs something big and shocking to happen to save it? I just really doubt that that's the last we'll ever see of Elle in the present tense.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next