Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Repeat Airings in the US 
No Wire Tampons!

Post Repeat Airings in the US
Ive noticed that in the US there are alot of repeat airings like every few weeks for new shows in the usual timeslots.

Presumably this is to extend the shows grasp on the timeslot for a full season - but its still quite odd. Over here in blighty such big shows getting repeat airings in their new episode timeslot runs just dosent happen. Sometimes a few networks will re-run a series on a different network
[Little Britain aired on BBC3<cabsat - top 12 network> before BBC2<fourth highest rating network> and finally became a massive ratings hit on BBC1<second highest rating network>]

But it seems standard for shows like CSI etc to get repeat showings in their new timeslots over in the US. Basically in the UK, the major networks really never repeat anything apart from movies or on the smaller networks - old American Imports like "Friends" or "The Fresh Prince", if they do repeat big shows in deadzone slots whee theres time to spare or not in the traditional timeslot. Like how Channel 4 held a Desperate Housewives night one saturday, but still aired a new episode come Wednesday [its traditional timeslot]. A few networks will re-air a series like CSI when waiting for the new series, but aside from that, we dont have the "Repeats every few weeks" schedules like in the US. Dosen't it piss anyone off over there?

Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Oh, I hate reruns. Thanks to downloading sites, I can catch up on missed episodes, so the reruns are just time slot filler for me (or a reason to check out an inferior show at the same time). I would love to have non-stop scheduling all the time, but for original shows on the BBC, aren't they all very SHORT seasons? Like The Office. Their two seasons were six episodes a piece.

Anyway, 24 and Alias are now airing non-stop, which is GREAT. I love knowing I have a new installment each week.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:42 pm
Teenage Dream

I hate re-runs. I think their should be two seasons a winter and a summer with shows that run in each season.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]