Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Any Monk fans here? 
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Post Any Monk fans here?
I know the whole formula for the show is very generic but Tony Schulub makes the show so funny with his compulsive disorder. I missed the first episode of the new season but how did they explain Sharona's departure since I see the girl from 2Guys&aPizzaPlace introduced as a new character. Does anyone else watch the show?

Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:39 pm
The explanation they gave was that Sharona re-married her ex and moved to New Jersey.
I found it funny/annoying that was the way Sharona was written off because when i heard that Bitty would not be returning as Sharona the explanation they gave was the exact one that i thought they would give.

I am still watching, though i considered not watching because of Sharona's absence, and i am actually liking Natalie. The main problem i had with Sharona's departure was the off-screen nature of it. I don't think that i would have been that mad had Sharona gotten a farewell episode.
I did like last night's ep though. I really liked Natalie and how she handled Monk. When it was revealed that Monk has been keeping Trudy's office for all these years i took out my calculator and figured out that Monk has spent over $280,000 on that office over the years, that is A LOT of money.

I found that Master Z to be an idiot though.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:06 pm
I thought it was funny how Monk was holding out hope for Sharona to return. Still, I would have liked a real farewell episode.

The first episode revolved around Nat's daughter and a museum.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:32 pm
Star Trek XI

I love MONK. I'm watching the new ones, but I miss Sharona a lot. This girl isn't making me sick yet, even though seeing her usually sets my teeth on edge, so I am taking that as a good sign. I ust loved the Monk/Sharona dynamic. They really had something special there and it's a shame she left the show.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:22 am
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

I love MONK. I'm watching the new ones, but I miss Sharona a lot. This girl isn't making me sick yet, even though seeing her usually sets my teeth on edge, so I am taking that as a good sign. I ust loved the Monk/Sharona dynamic. They really had something special there and it's a shame she left the show.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:22 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

I liked this show in the first year, when it paid a lot of attention to the mysteries and had some clever ones. But then it basically became a flat out comedy with the repetitive shtick. It's still better than many shows, I just got tired of it.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]