Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Is this the best TV season in years? 
Draughty

Post Is this the best TV season in years?
Is this the best TV season in years? For me it is, best one I can remember since the high point of the friends/seinfeld/ER era. I'm very surprised with how good things are this season. Lost, Desperate Housewives, Alias on an uptick, 3 each of Law and Order and CSI if you are into that. 24, Medium (which I don't like but many others do and I at least like that it's something different). Without a Trace still solid. The only thing missing is some good new comedies but we can't have everything.

What do you all say, how does this season rate to you compared to recent ones?

Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

my favorite since TGIF on abc with step by step, full house family matters and at the same time there was seinfeld, simpsons and home improvement...alot of good shows

now we got american idol, CSI, Law & Order, Simpsons, OC, Without A Trace, Supernanny, Cold Case, and the Apprentice

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

Scrubs and Arrested Development (and Desperate Housewives if you count it as one) are the only worthwhile comedies on network TV right now. It's too bad both SCrubs and AD continue to struggle in the ratings.

But yeah some great dramas.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

Yea, we need some new comedies. The only one I watch regulary is Everybody Loves Raymond, which isn't as good as it used to be, but it's still the best. It'll be sad to see it go this year, because I won't have any other comedies to watch.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:46 pm
Profile YIM
Sbil

Scrubs and Arrested Development (and Desperate Housewives if you count it as one) are the only worthwhile comedies on network TV right now. It's too bad both SCrubs and AD continue to struggle in the ratings.

I disagree. I *love* Two and a Half Men! I also like the ABC comedies on Friday night.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:44 pm
life begins now

Rod wrote:

I disagree. I *love* Two and a Half Men! I also like the ABC comedies on Friday night.

I watch Two and a Half Men occasionally, but I'm usually too tired to watch all of it. Maybe it'll move into Raymond's spot next season? It sure has the ratings to do it...

Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:11 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Pundit

Ehem, my proposal... KILL COMMITTED! Put Scrubs on after Joey, or take it's spot...

Arrested Development needs... better promotion? I don't know.

I can't wait for Family Guy!!!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:42 pm
New Server, Same X

I was about to bash that statement to bits, but then I realized: you might be right! Once the season is over, the list should be:

24, Alias, CSI, CSI: NY, Scrubs, Arrested Development, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Family Guy, American Dad, Survivor, The Amazing Race, Without a Trace... I don't watch every show weekly, but these are all great shows. A little bit of everything.

Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:02 am
Draughty

The way I see it, things come in waves of types of shows being popular, so it's no big deal to me if this isn't the best era of comedy, the dramas more than make up for it. Just like there wasn't really much good drama in mid 90s when comedy was king.

I do like 2 and a half men though. I think many people see Charlie Sheen and don't give it a chance, but if you judge it on its own it's pretty good.

Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:14 am
Profile WWW
Aslan Reigns Supreme

Still standing and listen up are pretty funny too. that why I look forward to mondays which is strange

3.Click
4.Over the Hedge
5.See No Evil

Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:28 am
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Am I the only person in the world who actually likes Joey?

Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:56 pm
Draughty

Pretty much. But then there are some countries it hasn't reached yet so there's hope you might get company some day. :wink:

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Snrub wrote:

Pretty much. But then there are some countries it hasn't reached yet so there's hope you might get company some day. :wink:

Gah! Don't even look at me, you Medium-hater you!

Seriously, Joey's not a bad show. It's just suffering from the comparisons to Friends. It's clever, often laugh-out-loud funny and features a terrific cast. I'd say the only thing it needs is perhaps a more solid hook. Just being a show about "the struggling actor everybody knows from Friends" isn't enough. It needs a more engaging premise to take over. And quick.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:54 pm
New Server, Same X

Yes, and I appreciate that you like me. \:D/

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:50 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Yes, and I appreciate that you like me. \:D/

:-k

[-(

Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]