Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 "Idol" down 15%, "Scrubs" pulls 7 millio 
No Wire Tampons!

Post "Idol" down 15%, "Scrubs" pulls 7 millio
Demolishing Tuesday night yet again, "American Idol" was ruling the roost with 27.7 Million viewers, down 16.6% from its Tuesday premiere . "Scrubs" only managed 7 Million viewers, and following show "Committed" looked like it was committing itself to the cancellation watch with a paltry 6.2 million.

Continued at

http://naturalflux7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10452

Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

I had a feeling Committed would struggle once Scrubs came back.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:51 pm
Some days I'm a super bitch

I always love watching FOX get it's revenge in January :twisted:

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Anyone have Wednesday numbers, I hope Idol dropped even more and I hope Lost still maintained at least 12 million viewers for a repeat but those are both doubtful.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:05 pm
Cream of the Crop

Anyone have Wednesday numbers, I hope Idol dropped even more and I hope Lost still maintained at least 12 million viewers for a repeat but those are both doubtful.

Here's an article with numbers for last night.

Highlights are that Lost has 12 million viewers, Alias had 11.8M for ABC while American Idol did 26.5M and The Simple Life 3 got 13.4M

Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

The title makes it seem as if Idol is down from last season, which it's not :wink:

Good numbers, except for Scrubs. *sigh*

Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

its actually dipping quite considerably with every episode....

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

its actually dipping quite considerably with every episode....

What do you call considerably?

I wouldn't call about 3% (and about the same as it drops any other season) considerable.

If you're gonna post informational stories, there shouldn't be any bias in them,, which there obviously is in this case.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Oh yes why dont you accuse me of being bias with absoloutely no basis at all - you dont even know if i LIKE american idol or not. I find that whenever something dosent suit someone, they call it bias. Its a no-win situation, What can i do apart from smile and secretly think "asshole"?

Furthermore was my "dipping considerably" comment actually in the story i posted? No. No its not ; i hate how people try and use the validity and equality of opinons as some sort of weapon.

3% is NOT its week to week drop, its down 16.6% from its tuesday premiere.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

And you forget to add that both its Wednesday episodes were essentially even with each other, did you seriously expect it to be pulling in 33m viewers every week?

Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:42 am
No Wire Tampons!

I clearly cannot please anyone but i challenege you both to go find an article with a comment thats as unbias as

"Demolishing Tuesday night yet again, "American Idol" was ruling the roost with 27.7 Million viewers, down 16.6% from its Tuesday premiere "

Its stating THE FACTS. Hmm, those pesky bias facts eh? Would you have rather i said "Both \Tuesday episodes were essentially even with eah other" which clearly, they are nearly 17% apart? You guys are asking me to be bias in the sense that i would really ignore the facts and print something else which is an exaggeration of them to accomodate your own opinons. Then i would have had idol naysayers accusing me of being bias TOWARDS American Idol. Furthermore im not getting pushed into a corner where my reports are going to be stale repitions of the facts - they do have opinons in them ; reflective of their runs, like how Point Pleasant is not doing well, or Committed goes to Cancellation watch.....or how Sports Illustrated isnt exactly "quality programming"

So basically this whole slating me thing is stupid and baseless, Rod - you know it.
Next thing i know ill be getting complaints for more words used to comment on one show than another :roll:

Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

You said it was down considerably with every new episode.

When in fact, other than the premiere, the other episodes have gotten pretty much the same ratings (and also the same when compared to last year).

You don't have to tell me your opinion about the show, it's obvious from your post. Am I wrong?

Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

NF7 is an in between site, it compromises of opinion and facts, and never claims to do any different - however i always try to present the facts BEFORE i give my opinon on them. Therefore they are there for others to come to their own conclusions on. Is it wrong to be so bored with people trying to be totally impartial to the point of numbness that i want to give some sort of personal and welcoming stamp on our reports - like at Joblo and that one that harry knowles runs ? :P

Continuing on that root - the report never fell guilty of the "considerably down with every episode" line - I did. Not nf7, not the report. Moi. In this thread. So what was the point of saying the reports were bias because of something i said here that was NOT in it? Because you didnt like my own opinion on the show, you tried to tie it to the report - pretty transparently too.

Makes no sense man. No sense.

Furthermore - of course i dont like American Idol, im a brit, i watched Pop Stars, then Pop Idol religously ....then found it totally mind numbing, and the American version is simply a dumber show with the same forumula and cheesier people. Why should i like something that ive already been subjected to for years, and grown out of?

Sure im not a fan- can i dispute its giant viewership? No. Its impressive ratings are not indicative to its UK run, where it slid heavily in the previous few seasons before being ripped off by Cowell in "The X Factor".

Can i concede that way too many people ignore original programming for recylced ideas? Yes. Yes i can.

Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]