Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 The "Heroes" Thread: Season 2 
Squee

Post Re: The "Heroes" Thread: Season 2
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Yeah, I read that a while ago. Bad screenwriting on that part.

The entire season was filled with bad screenwriting. Something that needs to be fixed.

:glare:

Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:08 pm
Extraordinary

No early word on this season? I've had a bad feeling about the 2nd season for awhile, I hope im wrong.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:06 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Theres lots of News Spoilers and other Things on other Sites theres a new Trailer out that looks awesome. You just need to know where to go for it.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

So what do you predict for its premiere ratings?

I'm thinking around 16-17 million viewers.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Pumped for tonight

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:36 pm
Sbil

Oooh. Pretty good premiere, I thought.

Where was Nikki, though? They showed her in the ad for next week but she never appeared in this week's episode.

Who are those random brother and sister fugitives?

And Peter's an amnesiac. Interestinggggg

I hope Claire's "love interest" (I guess) gets less creepy and annoying. Aside from being a weirdo Peeping Tom, apparently, he's way too judgmental already. Speaking of annoying, though, I was glad to see they get rid of Parkman's deadly dull wife Janice. Thank you, Heroes.

Last edited by Libs on Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:01 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Tonight's episode was great. This should be an excellent season.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:03 pm
Profile YIM
Veteran

Nice way to start the season. I just hope Claire's story isnt a repeat of last year.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:40 pm
Extraordinary

I really liked the episode. Oh Hiro is going to be pissed. So Hiro's father mentioned there are now nine of something. He said three were dead (I am guessing there used to be 12 members of their old group). So it looks like one of that group is killing off his old friends. I am guessing that is the central bad guy the man who sounds like Sauron.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:47 am
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

Eh... it was alright.

They still have way too many storylines and they're not doing themselves any favours by adding new characters. I couldn't have cared less about that Honduran brother/sister. I'm glad there was no Nikki this episode, though.

Still, the Claire/HRG stuff was good and that shot at the end when Nathan looks in the mirror was brill. Oh, and they completely ripped off Lost by having him be bearded/drunk/depressed.

The Hiro stuff actually turned interesting, too. It was a good start to the season, but I hope the writing picks up.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:59 am
Devil's Advocate

I'm actually getting used to having so many storylines in this show... It's Heroes, it's what the show is. Normally I like tight storylines, but this is its thing now. Kind of a trademark. If they can pull it off, good to them.

I really enjoyed the premeire. Hiro's stuff was the best, Dania Ramirez was awful and unneeded and took the Niki trophy of the night.

I loved the intrigue of the f letter business and who killed George Takei (Invisible man? Peter? Hiro? With time travel it could be anyone). I'll look forward to more Greg Grunberg and Molly too, they work off each other decently. Claire's stuff wasn't bad, though Jack Coleman was gold... I'll agree with Libs that Peter Pan is a bit annoying, plus I hope he doesn't have the exact same power as Nathan. While Nathan's beard was pretty ghey compared to say Jack's, I still like him. Finally, even Mohinder actually held interest.

And Sylar coming back should add another level on top of the pyramid. I'm really pumped for the rest of the season.

Can't wait for the rest of the season. Fall tv started tonight baby, yeahhhh.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:08 am
College Boy Z

Tonight's episode was alright.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:22 am
Extraordinary

Shack wrote:
I'm actually getting used to having so many storylines in this show... It's Heroes, it's what the show is. Normally I like tight storylines, but this is its thing now. Kind of a trademark. If they can pull it off, good to them.

I really enjoyed the premeire. Hiro's stuff was the best, Dania Ramirez was awful and unneeded and took the Niki trophy of the night.

I loved the intrigue of the f letter business and who killed George Takei (Invisible man? Peter? Hiro? With time travel it could be anyone). I'll look forward to more Greg Grunberg and Molly too, they work off each other decently. Claire's stuff wasn't bad, though Jack Coleman was gold... I'll agree with Libs that Peter Pan is a bit annoying, plus I hope he doesn't have the exact same power as Nathan. While Nathan's beard was pretty ghey compared to say Jack's, I still like him. Finally, even Mohinder actually held interest.

And Sylar coming back should add another level on top of the pyramid. I'm really pumped for the rest of the season.

Can't wait for the rest of the season. Fall tv started tonight baby, yeahhhh.

His killer has to be from the old generation of heroes because he knew him. I am guessing somebody we hadn't met.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:33 am
Profile WWW
problem?

I really liked the Mexican (were they Mexican?) siblings. Their acting was the best in the episode. And they seem like they could be pretty interesting.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:38 pm
Squee

Jedi Master Carr wrote:

His killer has to be from the old generation of heroes because he knew him. I am guessing somebody we hadn't met.

Didn't you notice they way they covered his face so we couldn't see him? Definitely someone we have seen before, so later they can reveal him and it will be a big shock.

:glare:

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:42 pm
Team Kris

Korrgan wrote:
I really liked the Mexican (were they Mexican?) siblings. Their acting was the best in the episode. And they seem like they could be pretty interesting.

I think Honduran? Heh, I forgot.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:48 pm
loyalfromlondon

No Nikki is a GREAT sign. :wink:

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:06 am
Extraordinary

Squee wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:

Didn't you notice they way they covered his face so we couldn't see him? Definitely someone we have seen before, so later they can reveal him and it will be a big shock.

I noticed that, it will be interesting to see who that is. Also about Nikki, it is hard to squeeze all the characters into one hour. Somebody had to be cut out, so they chose Nikki,Micha and Sylar.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Does anyone know when the first episode featuring Kristen Bell will air?

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:32 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Spider-Man wrote:
Does anyone know when the first episode featuring Kristen Bell will air?

October 22nd.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:35 pm
Profile YIM
You must have big rats

It was a solid, though slightly underwhelming premiere. Way too many storylines. The series needs a little more focus.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
i break the rules, so i don't care

C+

Dull but ok.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:36 pm
invading your spaces

Dr. Lecter wrote:
It was a solid, though slightly underwhelming premiere. Way too many storylines. The series needs a little more focus.

Yup. But I actually didn't like it much. The episode was structured like a mid-season episode. I appreciate being "thrown into it without knowing the last four months" but it's kind of gimmicky.

Battlestar Galactica did it at the end of the Season 2 (by jumping ahead 1 year in the episode) then jumping again another 4 months, but it worked because there was a story thread established in the Season 2 finale that was impactful and relevant. Unlike BSG, Heroes Season 1 kind of completely ended with not a lot of important loose ends and very little cliffhanger. Yeah, some characters may have been dead but everyone's story had come to an emotional close so their losses wouldn't have had much impact. Now they have to establish AGAIN why these characters are connected, and that aspect feels a bit strange to me.

Maybe they should have started out with Maya and her brother, the whole episode. Would have been more daring, and it would have been more of an introduction to whatever disease or what. Or just Parkman/kid/Mohinder, or JUST Claire and let the season evolve like the last one did fairly well.

It's obvious that DL is dead now. How unfortunate to kill the black man! :(

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
i break the rules, so i don't care

Mohinder fucking annoys me, and so does that little girl.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:57 pm
Extraordinary

andaroo wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

Yup. But I actually didn't like it much. The episode was structured like a mid-season episode. I appreciate being "thrown into it without knowing the last four months" but it's kind of gimmicky.

Battlestar Galactica did it at the end of the Season 2 (by jumping ahead 1 year in the episode) then jumping again another 4 months, but it worked because there was a story thread established in the Season 2 finale that was impactful and relevant. Unlike BSG, Heroes Season 1 kind of completely ended with not a lot of important loose ends and very little cliffhanger. Yeah, some characters may have been dead but everyone's story had come to an emotional close so their losses wouldn't have had much impact. Now they have to establish AGAIN why these characters are connected, and that aspect feels a bit strange to me.

Maybe they should have started out with Maya and her brother, the whole episode. Would have been more daring, and it would have been more of an introduction to whatever disease or what. Or just Parkman/kid/Mohinder, or JUST Claire and let the season evolve like the last one did fairly well.

It's obvious that DL is dead now. How unfortunate to kill the black man! :(

I think DL is a victim of the mysterious virus. I only believe that because Nikki has it.

Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next