Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The 'Amazing Race 6' Thread 
Cream of the Crop

We haven't seen the last of Jonathan and Victoria, well I have, but if you want to you could see more of them. According to ET they are going to be on a Dr. Phil special February 15th where the subject will be relationships.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I loved Kendra's comment after reading the 'Who has an eye for detail?' clue...

"Be really detailed, honey!"

And yes, I'm glad Jon and Victoria are gone. Jon's ridiculousness was bad, but Victoria's whining was almost as grating. "I need to put my shoes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And Rebecca's actually kinda funny. :) And she has weirdly good abs (anyone else notice that?).

Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Oh, and the Television Without Pity writer makes a good comment:

Why do this whole 'give us all your money' thing after the non-elimination legs? We have yet to see it make one bit of difference.

Eh, I suppose it's for... interest.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:21 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I thought Kendra's comment in Dakar over the poverty would suffice her need to be stupid, but apparently she needed to futher exemplify the ignorant American by making yet another comment about the Ethiopian poverty.

Freddy's cool (well, when he's not being struck by metal rail thingies), but Kendra needs to go. She's not particularly annoying, but she's dumb. And that's just as bad.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

And one more thing:

I thought Kendra's comment in Dakar over the poverty would suffice her need to be stupid, but apparently she needed to futher exemplify the ignorant American by making yet another comment about the Ethiopian poverty.

Freddy's cool (well, when he's not being struck by metal rail thingies), but Kendra needs to go. She's not particularly annoying, but she's dumb. And that's just as bad.

I did love when Kendra shrieked at Jonathan to go help Victoria. That was both unexpected and funny.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:35 am
I don't know if it's been discussed yet but I hope Rob and Amber go home fairly quickly on the next season of Amazing Race in March.

They are two of my least favorite "popular" survivors. There doesn't seem to be enough brain power between the two of them to navigate an airport, let alone a foreign country.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:35 pm
Sbil

I don't know if it's been discussed yet but I hope Rob and Amber go home fairly quickly on the next season of Amazing Race in March.

They are two of my least favorite "popular" survivors. There doesn't seem to be enough brain power between the two of them to navigate an airport, let alone a foreign country.

Rob and Amber are going to be on The Amazing Race? Bleh! Why? When did this happen?

Oh, well. They'll still be better than Allison The Devil from Big Brother.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:40 pm
loyalfromlondon wrote:

Rob and Amber are going to be on The Amazing Race? Bleh! Why? When did this happen?

Oh, well. They'll still be better than Allison The Devil from Big Brother.

It had existed as a rumour since the Survivor All-Star finale. CBS finally confirmed that Rob and Amber are indeed one of the teams for the newest season of Amazing Race.

I hope all the other teams gang up on them. I mean, come on, Ramber are already wealthy.

And CBS is airing their wedding, which will be paid for in full, perhaps during May sweeps. Enough already.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:40 pm
---------

I was actually just thinking of this, what if Survivor and The Amazing Race cast just switched shows... there would be a lot of new strategy

Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:24 pm
Speed Racer

bleh.........they don't need to have people that are already wealthy on this show

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Everytime these teams go to the Subcontinent, they all freak out.

I miss Team Guido and Chip and Reichen. They were more experienced travelers and not so vanilla.

Hopefully there's better casting in season 7.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:32 pm
---------

How in the world have Adam and Rebecca made it into the final 5?! They've been extremely lucky so far, but them beating Lori and Bolo is surprising.

Without Lori & Bolo, and Jonathon & Victoria, the show's going to be a lot more peaceful.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:12 pm
Sbil

How in the world have Adam and Rebecca made it into the final 5?! They've been extremely lucky so far, but them beating Lori and Bolo is surprising.

Without Lori & Bolo, and Jonathon & Victoria, the show's going to be a lot more peaceful.

I'm going to miss Lori & Bolo. I liked them more than any other team still on the show except for Kris & Jon.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:27 pm
Cream of the Crop

So reading is fundamental. Who would have guessed? An exciting leg, I thought tonight even with all the bunching. Adam and Rebecca miss a train and they end up ahead of Kris and Jon leaving the Temple of Tooth, that would be aggrevating. No one really bothered me this episode, I was expecting much more whining about being sick from Kendra so I was pleased it was kept to a minimum. Rolled my eyes at Hayden and Aaron "smoking" Kris and Jon on the really. That's not insanely hard when you have a head start. And it wasn't nearly on the same level as the "smoking" Kris and Jon gave both Hayden and Aaron and Lori and Bolo with the trees - they seriously destroyed that task.

So glad that Kris and Jon are still in the race, and#1! Previews for next week have me worried for them. Sad to see Lori and Bolo go, they were entertaining and apart from not reading, were pretty good racers.

Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

and a lot more boring!! :sad:

sad to see Lori & Bolo go!, they were fun to watch!...the two shocking and fun teams are gone!, now we have to see Adam act like a little kid, Hayden be a bitch and Kendra....... well....be a bitch too! :mad:

Go Kris and Jon! :D

Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:49 am

worst final four ever.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:59 pm
Cream of the Crop

I didn't like Season 4's Final teams at all. So much so that I 'forgot' to watch the final episode of that year. That's not to say this final four is infinitely superior to all, but I don't hate any teams with a fire of a thousand suns. I like Aaron and I love Kris and Jon as they are my favourite racers ever. So I will definitely tune in to see what happens to them.

This was a fairly exciting leg that was dulled down because of the knowledge that it was a non-elimination one. I was interested in seeing how mad Kris and Jon would get with their cab driver, it didn't seem to be that angry - more like frustrated. I guess throwing money at the cab driver is the worst Jon can do, and even after all that they manage not to come in last. Freddy and Kendra didn't bother me tonight, lots of support shown between the two this leg, and they got back at Adam and Rebecca for the yield. Which may not have been the best strategical move - K/J are stronger racers, but now at least Freddy and Kendra won't have that past yield being played in their minds. They got their revenge and now its time to continue on.

Hayden still bugs what with her pronouncing of the word 'hotel' as 'hote' or something leaving off the L completely. Yes Hayden, he totally understands you now. Aaron still manages to amuse me when dealing with Hayden next week looks interesting should he choose to confront that taxi driver. Adam and Rebecca are pretty much comic relief to me. Funny, but sad funny. I hope they don't win the race I can't recall a well run leg from them - save for the one where they went for the FF.

Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
There are a few reasons this year's final four are the worst in the history of the show.

None of the remaining teams seem to be well-traveled. Week after week, teams continue to make xenophobic racist remarks.

"This is the Harlem of Shanghai."

You white stupid bitch, Harlem isn't even dangerous. Bill Clinton has an office in Harlem for fuck sake. Harlem went through a renaissance some time ago and isn't even close to being a ghetto. Dumb whore.

When you talk to adults in a foreign country like they are retarded, you may not be able to get a cab. These teams apparently have never ventured beyond the borders of North America.

All you have to do to communicate is relax, speak slowly, and maintain eye contact. Using a fake spanish accent and saying rapido in a country that doesn't speak Spanish is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And it happens every week.

And finally, when you cast actors and models instead of people with "normal" jobs, they tend to have the personality of dish soap.

Bring on the next season, I'm tired of these assholes.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:12 am
Extra on the Ordinary

I, surprisingly, don't really dislike any of the four final teams. Adam being so immature makes him my least favorite, probably, but he's still not that bad compared to others in the past.

And I didn't realize the finale was next week...

Best Actress 2008

Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
---------

I really have no strong feeling on who's going to win this. I know it's not Adam and Rebecca, though. I have a feeling this is going to be a lot like the strategy of the last Survivor's final four. There were 2 super alliances, Twila and Scout, who represent Freddy & Kendra and Hayden & Aaron. There was a wild person, Eliza, who is Adam & Rebecca, who know one expects to win. And finally, there's the player everyone loves, Chris, who's like Kris & Jon, who everyone wants to win.

Chris won Survivor, but will Kris & Jon win this?

Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:56 pm
Speed Racer

There are a few reasons this year's final four are the worst in the history of the show.

None of the remaining teams seem to be well-traveled. Week after week, teams continue to make xenophobic racist remarks.

You white stupid bitch, Harlem isn't even dangerous. Bill Clinton has an office in Harlem for fuck sake. Harlem went through a renaissance some time ago and isn't even close to being a ghetto. Dumb whore.

When you talk to adults in a foreign country like they are retarded, you may not be able to get a cab. These teams apparently have never ventured beyond the borders of North America.

All you have to do to communicate is relax, speak slowly, and maintain eye contact. Using a fake spanish accent and saying rapido in a country that doesn't speak Spanish is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And it happens every week.

And finally, when you cast actors and models instead of people with "normal" jobs, they tend to have the personality of dish soap.

Kris and jon Racist

i think not...if you actually watch the show than you would know that they are not \:D/

Kendra is the most racist person i've ever seen on a reality show. She constantly complains about poverty and she just bleh. Kris and jon will heopfull win. I want Haden and Aron to be the first team eliminated next week becasue they are the biggest threat to my Kris and Jon. Wel anyways hopefully next season will be good too.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon wrote:

Kris and jon Racist

i think not...if you actually watch the show than you would know that they are not \:D/

Kendra is the most racist person i've ever seen on a reality show. She constantly complains about poverty and she just bleh. Kris and jon will heopfull win. I want Haden and Aron to be the first team eliminated next week becasue they are the biggest threat to my Kris and Jon. Wel anyways hopefully next season will be good too.

Are Kris and Jon aware of your love? 8-[

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:38 pm
Full Fledged Member

I wonder if the rumors about Boston Rob and Amber being contestants is true for the next Amazing Race?

Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:28 am
Profile WWW
I wonder if the rumors about Boston Rob and Amber being contestants is true for the next Amazing Race?

We already covered this just a few posts ago.

It had existed as a rumour since the Survivor All-Star finale. CBS has confirmed that Rob and Amber are indeed one of the teams for the newest season of Amazing Race.

Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:32 am
Extra on the Ordinary

Kris & Jon are kinda dull. Among other things.

Best Actress 2008

Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next