Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The 'Survivor: Guatemala' Thread 
Devil's Advocate

Jesus christ that was a close call for Bobby Jon, it would've been so sad if he was voted off one vote early again. To see his face. But he made it, which is nice, as one of my favorite seasons so far I'm anticipating how the merge turns out.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:40 am
problem?

Steph and Bobby Jon are likely to align immediately and be the final two. They should just go on and give Steph the million now.

Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:42 am
laneyboy

Wow, Jamie such a huge ass. I don't think I can take more of him and Judd. Argh. Although the others were probably right to keep him. It's a numbers game. Hopefully they'll get rid of him next week, since they'll still have a 2 person advantage without him. I'm really starting to like Cindy. She's strong, smart and has some morals. She has a pretty good shot at winning it all.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

Ugh. I'm hating Steph more and more each week. What a bitch. Jaime needs to go, and Judd was surprisingly not as Judelike, but he is still annoying. Rafe and Cindy need to align with the 3 left from the other tribe, because those 5 deserve it so much more than the other 4. Cindy is my favorite, followed by Danni.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:16 pm
Profile YIM
Sbil

Poor Brandon.

Current favorites, in order
1. Rafe! (I love him)
2. Danni
3. Cindy
4. Gary
5. Lydia
6. Bobby Jon
7. Steph
9,1023,283,492,2384. Judd/Jamie (tie)

Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:11 am
Lord of filth

Jamie needs to just go away. Steph is lucky, she's got three relatively strong guys who all have angst with each other (Bobby John, Jamie, Judd) and Gary and Danni are more than capable of winning immunities too. I think the game is really interesting because there's not really an alpha character like the last few years. They all seem to be pretty aggressive.

Another sad ending, Survivors this year have been very emotional! In the end Rafe and Cindy made a smart move by going against Brandon. Brandon was eventually going to hold too much sway in the jury and it will be better for the Judd group to have Jamie there (who will hate everyone) then Brandon who would automatically vote for Danni and Gary and Bobby John if they got to the top spot.

I like Rafe, because I think he is honest. I can see him making the top 3 or 4.

I can see almost everyone except Lydia making it to the top 2. Lydia comes off as way too weak and she's not... "hidden" enough. Cindy seems to be the one flying under the radar.

One of the other guys is going home on next week's show... I suspect Bobby John and Steph will begin to align because she kept her promise and they both seem to have a weakness in that they've been on the show before. I see her filling Brandon's spot and taking Rafe along to knock off Jamie and Judd before Bobby John starts going after Steph. Rafe is just not a big enough target...

Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:48 am
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Who would have imagined that Jamie could actually make Judd look good.

As for Steph I watched Survivor Live after Blake was voted out. Blake said that Steph was in tight with Jamie and Judd with all three talking trash about other tribe members.There's no one I really like in this edition of Survivor but if I had to choose at this point I'd want Danni to win it all.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

As much as I loved Brandon, and as much as he deserved to be there more than Jamie, that was a smart move voting him off. If they didn't do it now, and he got himself on equal footing, he would've been easily the hands-down favorite to take it all. Most well-liked tribe member, incredible in immunitys no doubt. Jamie on the other hand is hated, and probably won't make it much farther with his attitude. For numbers it worked too, Nakum can keep rolling over Yaxha now.

Bobby Jon is actually doing not bad for himself this time, hes on the wrong side as of now but he could work his way into the advantage. The last 2 episodes have been more about him than Steph.

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:04 pm
Devil's Advocate

Heres how I rank them(in terms of contention/their chances to win):

1. Danni
2. Lydia
3. Gary
4. Cindi
5. Steph
6. Bobby Jon
7. Jamie
8. Judd
9. Rafe

Danni is the favorite I believe. Well-liked, charismatic, good at the challenges. Lydia should float under the rader, and has a shot at winning if shes up against Jamie or Judd. Gary would be #1 ahead of Danni and Lydia if he wasn't an NFL player, as soon as that gets out hes screwed. Cindi again floating under the radar, like Lydia. Steph has all her cards lined up, and technically would be in the best position. But she might get the shaft for being there before. Same goes for Bobby Jon, hes playing a good game but the chips are stacked against him. Jamie is a dick, but he might be able to force his way for weeks to come if he does it right. Its hard to say Lydia and Cindi and Rafe standing up to him. Hes also a strong immunity player. Same goes for Judd, hes a beast and can force his way farther than normal into the game. Rafe seems nice, but in whats gotta be the most cutthroat edition of Survivor perhaps of all time, he simply wavers too much and he won't last long.

Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:36 am
Sbil

Heres how I rank them(in terms of contention/their chances to win):

1. Danni
2. Lydia
3. Gary
4. Cindi
5. Steph
6. Bobby Jon
7. Jamie
8. Judd
9. Rafe

Danni is the favorite I believe. Well-liked, charismatic, good at the challenges. Lydia should float under the rader, and has a shot at winning if shes up against Jamie or Judd. Gary would be #1 ahead of Danni and Lydia if he wasn't an NFL player, as soon as that gets out hes screwed. Cindi again floating under the radar, like Lydia. Steph has all her cards lined up, and technically would be in the best position. But she might get the shaft for being there before. Same goes for Bobby Jon, hes playing a good game but the chips are stacked against him. Jamie is a dick, but he might be able to force his way for weeks to come if he does it right. Its hard to say Lydia and Cindi and Rafe standing up to him. Hes also a strong immunity player. Same goes for Judd, hes a beast and can force his way farther than normal into the game. Rafe seems nice, but in whats gotta be the most cutthroat edition of Survivor perhaps of all time, he simply wavers too much and he won't last long.

Well, Rafe hasn't wavered yet and he seems entirely non-threatening, I would think he would not be a logical choice to vote out immediately.

Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:28 am
Devil's Advocate

Well in the last episode or two he's been all 'I don't know about Jamie. I feel wrong doing this'. It seems like he's more concerned with being nice than with the 1 million, and is swaying towards trying to vote out Jamie because he doesn't like him.

Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:49 pm

Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:58 pm
Sbil

Hah, that rascally Gary. At least Bobby Jon got his wish and made the jury.

Gary strikes me as such an odd character. He reminds me of Lurch from the Addams Family movies.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:07 am
Sbil

I actually see Steph winning at this point. Hmm.

I could also see Lydia somehow making it to the final three, she's so under the radar that I forgot she's even on the show at all, sort of like Anonymous Jenn last season.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:10 am
problem?

Lydia
Judd
Steph
Gary

Gary'll win it, I think, with Steph in the final two.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:33 am
Devil's Advocate

Too bad for Bobby Jon. But things should heat up here.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:09 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

This season of Survivor has been getting better and better each week.

I think Steph and Judd are in the driver's seat... those two are tight and surrounded with morons too dumb to figure out a strategy to break them apart. Although, Cindy looks like one of those quiet ones that could slip in at the end and win it all.

Anyhow, I'm rooting for the NFL QB who lives in my neck of the woods... go Gary!

Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:32 am
Sbil

I think Steph and Judd are in the driver's seat... those two are tight and surrounded with morons too dumb to figure out a strategy to break them apart. Although, Cindy looks like one of those quiet ones that could slip in at the end and win it all.

Anyhow, I'm rooting for the NFL QB who lives in my neck of the woods... go Gary!

Ironic, considering Judd is probably even dumber than anyone else there.

Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:13 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

TonyMontana wrote:

Ironic, considering Judd is probably even dumber than anyone else there.

I'm not so sure Judd is stupid... he's really crude, but he does seem to have a knack for reading people and figuring out the game. I don't get the same feeling from people like Lydia, Cindy, or Jamie.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:11 pm
Devil's Advocate

I've been hearing some worrisome news lately. Apparently Jeff Probst is worn out from working too much, and hes considering leaving the show maybe after this season. It makes sense, I mean he has to sit around on an island for 40 day periods twice a year, plus all the other work he has to do. Hes not exactly home with his family.

Its still sad though. Once Jeff leaves, mark my words, Survivor is finished. Part of the reason people keep coming back is that its the same traditional show they love, and if they bring in someone unknown the trend will wind down. I give it 2 seasons in low ratings before cancellation once he leaves. :sad:

Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:56 pm
Orphan

I've been hearing some worrisome news lately. Apparently Jeff Probst is worn out from working too much, and hes considering taking a leave from the hosting job. It makes sense, I mean he has to sit around on an island for 40 day periods twice a year, plus all the other work he has to do. Hes not exactly home with his family.

Its still sad though. Once Jeff leaves, mark my words, Survivor is finished. Part of the reason people keep coming back is that its the same traditional show they love, and if they bring in someone unknown the trend will wind down. I give it 2 seasons in low ratings before cancellation once he leaves. :sad:

I'm not sure. Maybe they'll find a better host. Probst is kind of obnoxious sometimes.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:57 pm
Team Kris

YOu know what, Jeff Probst just won't shut up during the challenges.

"They're almost done!"
"They're untying the knots using [secret strategy that he just blurted out]"
"They are not working together!!!"

Okay, we get it, Mr, Exposition.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:32 pm
Sbil

Peachy has gotten more and more unnecessary over the years. I don't think the show will suffer at all without him.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

But the ratings might. Hes one of the staples.

Anyways, I'd love to see them bring in someone well-known if he does leave. Imigane like, Alec Baldwin. Ha.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:13 pm
Sbil

But the ratings might. Hes one of the staples.

Anyways, I'd love to see them bring in someone well-known if he does leave. Imigane like, Alec Baldwin. Ha.

Um, who watches Survivor for Jeff Probst? Does anyone? I really could care less if he was there.

I heard a rumor that they're going to get a former female contestant to replace him if he leaves. I guess Elisabeth is out because of The View, though.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next