Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The 'Survivor: Guatemala' Thread 
Sbil

Judd made a good move. He didn't feel a loyalty to that tribe (damn, it's only been like 9 days) and to position himself with Jamie and Steph seemed too good to pass up. Besides, I don't think Jamie and Steph are that loyal to Rafe or Lydia, so it's not like it's beyond the realm of possibility that Judd could not stay over them if it came down to it. People shift all the time in Survivor, I bet Margaret is just pissed it wasn't her.

Steph needs to stay away from Jamie and Judd, because I like her (less lately, though, with her rather unflattering "oh poor me" sobs) and don't like them.

Egad.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:27 pm
Indiana Jones IV

BennyBlanco wrote:
Judd made a good move. He didn't feel a loyalty to that tribe (damn, it's only been like 9 days) and to position himself with Jamie and Steph seemed too good to pass up. Besides, I don't think Jamie and Steph are that loyal to Rafe or Lydia, so it's not like it's beyond the realm of possibility that Judd could not stay over them if it came down to it. People shift all the time in Survivor, I bet Margaret is just pissed it wasn't her.

Steph needs to stay away from Jamie and Judd, because I like her (less lately, though, with her rather unflattering "oh poor me" sobs) and don't like them.

Egad.

Yeah, I would have preferred her to team with Margaret and Cindy perhaps, but everyone is just thinking about winning physical challenges.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

BennyBlanco wrote:

Egad.

I prefer Lydia and Rafe to Jamie and Judd, but I hope a merge comes before the time when Stephenie will have to choose between those two pairs. The 'oh poor me' sobs last week were grating, but she's still one of my favourite players this season, although that may be more due to the fact that the rest of the players aren't that good either.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I'm really not feeling it this season. Far too much of the season is devoted to Stephenie. Where's Bobby Jon? Aside from being voted "Survivor With the Most Foulest of All Odors Coming From Their Own Body", I don't think I saw him at all.

I find it absolutely hilarious that Mark Burnett and Co. are basically rewarding Steph with a second shot for being one of the worst Survivors ever. 4 and 21 in the challenges? That's a mighty losing streak. I find it just a tad hard to believe that it took us eleven seasons to find the two worst tribes, and it just so happens she was on both of them. Yeah right. She fits in with the rest of her tribes, and gets praised for being "strong". Kind of the same thing as saying "You are a very special person. Very special!"

Anyone else kind of sick of the ol' tribe switcheroo? They should just can that for one season, and see what happens. It's bad enough that at least half of the cast is invisible for the first five or six episodes, then they basically tear apart any personalities we've established and put them in new surroundings. Sometimes, change is a bad thing.

Overall, just not feeling it at all this season. I don't care much for the first four vote-offs, and I can't say I'm rooting for anyone. No wonder ratings are down.

Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:02 pm
The Incredible Hulk

I saw Judd described as a "useful idiot" in one recap of this weeks show.That sounds about right as he has apparently learned nothing from previous editions of Survivor. Had he gone for the tie and had his group prevailed he would have been the only male in a majority alliance with three weaker females.Even if his tribe continued to lose the immunity challenges he would have been safe and he could have gotten rid of the stronger players Stephanie and Jamie on his way to the merge. Thanks to his foolish vote for Brooke he has no chance of winning a million dollars, he'll be lucky to make it to the merge.

As for Stephanie I was never a fan of hers she's been a loser on Ulong, Yaxha and Nakum. Hard to believe some people actually think she was more deserving of winning Palau then Tom.

Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:37 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Anyone else kind of sick of the ol' tribe switcheroo? They should just can that for one season, and see what happens. It's bad enough that at least half of the cast is invisible for the first five or six episodes, then they basically tear apart any personalities we've established and put them in new surroundings. Sometimes, change is a bad thing.

There was no tribe switch in Palau. However, that was probably because Burnett wanted Ulong to keep losing to increase the ratings.

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Mr. X wrote:

There was no tribe switch in Palau. However, that was probably because Burnett wanted Ulong to keep losing to increase the ratings.

Palau was so good and so bad at the same time. It kind of sucks that they basically just made everything up as they went along. They never would have kept the tribes unmerged like that for so long, either.

Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

Hey guys I was just thinking about something. The sides are like this right:

Stephanie
Jamie
Judd

against

Lydia
Rafe

Wouldn't it make sense now that for example Judd could still easily switch over to the Lydia-Rafe side and turn the tables on Steph and Jamie? Maybe this is what he planned all along. This way, in a team with Lydia and Rafe, he is as strong as can be.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:35 pm
Sbil

Go, Danni!

I could tell Blake was going to grate, and I prefer to see the underdog win anyway.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:05 pm
Devil's Advocate

At least Nakum won. So in my obsession game following with friends(it pretty much makes our year, it's gotten more intense every year) I have:

Jamie
Judd
Lydia

I think I'm doing OK. Every one of my players is on the same team now, so its go Nakum go.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:15 am
Begging Naked

I'm really only half-watching this season (My family still enjoys it), but I still don't care abbout anybody. At all. The only one I'm really caring about is Lydia. I beginning to think that this is the worst season of the show since Thailand. Anyone else?

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:28 am
Profile WWW
laneyboy

I'm glad Danni switched sides, although it is a pretty boneheaded move on her part. The old Yaxha seems like they could be dominating the game strategically wise at least. And I guess it's just me, but I'm really enjoying this season.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Yeah I like this season more than Vanuatu and Palau at least. I know the people pretty well this time, and it should get better I think once they hit the merge. Everyone seems like pretty hardcore players, so it should be fun.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:56 pm
Sbil

She's complaining and not showing much class on this season. Perhaps she has an evil side that's taken over or something.

Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:28 pm
The Incredible Hulk

I'm really only half-watching this season (My family still enjoys it), but I still don't care abbout anybody. At all. The only one I'm really caring about is Lydia. I beginning to think that this is the worst season of the show since Thailand. Anyone else?

I didn't even get around to watching the most recent episode until today. This season can't compare with Palau which starred my all time favorite survivor Tom Westman.

Survivor Guatemala reminds me of Vanuatu, it's a season with characters I don't care about and not even a good villain like Johnny Fairplay in Pearl Islands.

Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:47 am
Profile WWW
life begins now

Ugh. Judd can go kill himself. Seriously, I don't think there has been a more vile, disgusting person on Survivor. And while we're at it, I hate Jaime and Steph too. Stephanie has made a total 180 degree turn this season, becoming a total bitch.

Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:57 pm
Profile YIM
laneyboy

I agree, Judd is a total ass. But what was with voting out Brian too? I thought they'd go after Amy. I guess Gary conveniently forgot about how Brian came up with the plan to save them last week... Do these people have any sense of strategy?

Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

Yea, that was weird. I wanted Bobby Jon gone, but oh well. Now I have to root for Amy and Danni all the way, and I think I like Danni more.

Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:31 pm
Profile YIM
Sbil

It's rather amazing how far Steph has slipped on my likability poll this season. I cannot believe this is the same contestant I loved just a few months ago. On the other hand, she's not nearly as vile as Judd, who needs to GET OUT right now. Goshhhh, I cannot STAND HIM. I liked Margaret, too.

Um, why did Amy and Gary vote for Brian? I just don't see the strategy in it, they could've at least forced a tie. And why did Rafe give immunity to Gary?

Bizarre.

Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:11 pm
laneyboy

Um, why did Amy and Gary vote for Brian? I just don't see the strategy in it, they could've at least forced a tie. And why did Rafe give immunity to Gary?

Bizarre.

Like I said, none of these people (besides Brian) are thinking further than the next challenge. Don't they get that there are only 11 people left, which means that the merge is coming up very soon? All they seem to care is if they win the next challenge. Bunch of dunces if you ask me. :disgust:

Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Go Judd! He ripped apart Margaret. I'm actually really liking this season, disagreeing with most of you I guess. I think its the best since All-Stars.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:30 am
life begins now

Go Judd! He ripped apart Margaret. I'm actually really liking this season, disagreeing with most of you I guess. I think its the best since All-Stars.

For no reason, though. He was the one needing ripped apart.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:57 am
Profile YIM
Devil's Advocate

She was being a biatch though, which Stephanie helped to point out as well. Ever since Judd voted out Brooke, shes been a complete downer. She place all this emphasis on how much Judd was a traitor for voting against the old tribe, and how that is so terrible that it puts her in a depressionist state. Well, like Stephanie said, being faithful to the old tribe is weak. If they want to do well, they have to bond as a new tribe, and be excited about what they do. And then Margaret was calling him out on being too loud and having too much team spirit. She was basicly saying, oh be depressed like me. Dumb.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:11 pm
Sbil

She was being a biatch though, which Stephanie helped to point out as well. Ever since Judd voted out Brooke, shes been a complete downer. She place all this emphasis on how much Judd was a traitor for voting against the old tribe, and how that is so terrible that it puts her in a depressionist state. Well, like Stephanie said, being faithful to the old tribe is weak. If they want to do well, they have to bond as a new tribe, and be excited about what they do. And then Margaret was calling him out on being too loud and having too much team spirit. She was basicly saying, oh be depressed like me. Dumb.

She was calling him out for acting like the utterly obnoxious manpig he is.

I have to say she wasn't really helping matters, though, being all cold and ick-blah.

Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:24 pm
Sbil

I really wish Judd, the jackass/idiot of stunning magnitude, would get the boot tonight.

I flipping hate him so much.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next