Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Will & Grace Series Finale 
Sbil

Post Will & Grace Series Finale
So who's going to watch tonight?

I certainly will. I haven't really seen much of the show this season, but I feel obligated as a once-devoted viewer. In the days this show used to get 16-17 million viewers following Friends, it was hysterical.

I'm glad to see they're not dragging it on even more, considering it already lost most of its luster.

Thu May 18, 2006 3:06 pm
No Wire Tampons!

Why are all the good shows ending this year?

Thu May 18, 2006 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'll be recording it and watching it after I get home :biggrin:

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Thu May 18, 2006 3:17 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

:P I'll watch it.

Best Actress 2008

Thu May 18, 2006 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Let's start up some W&G discussion.

Favorite episodes?

Thu May 18, 2006 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

:P

Best Actress 2008

Thu May 18, 2006 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

I'll be watching.

Favorite episodes?

I think my favorite was that one with Matt Damon posing as a member of a gay chorus.

I also liked the Cher, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon and Michael Douglas episodes. Yes, I'm a whore for some of the guest stars this show has had.

Thu May 18, 2006 6:02 pm
Some days I'm a super bitch

Dkmuto wrote:
I'll be watching.

Favorite episodes?

I think my favorite was that one with Matt Damon posing as a member of a gay chorus.

I also liked the Cher, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon and Michael Douglas episodes. Yes, I'm a whore for some of the guest stars this show has had.

I heard somewhere the Matt Damon episode still stands as the single highest rated episode of the show's entire run.

I wonder how many guest stars they've had in 8 seasons? 218? :|

Thu May 18, 2006 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Yet Matt Damon wasn't even nominated as a guest for that performance.

Thu May 18, 2006 6:19 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'll be watching. And yeah, the Matt Damon episode was great.

Any predictions for what will happen? I haven't been watching lately, so I don't know any of the storylines that would tie in, but my guess is everyone leaving their seperate ways a la Friends.

Thu May 18, 2006 8:02 pm
Team Kris

Thu May 18, 2006 8:08 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

Any predictions for what will happen? I haven't been watching lately, so I don't know any of the storylines that would tie in, but my guess is everyone leaving their seperate ways a la Friends.

I don't think everyone went their separate ways in Friends :P

My non spoiler guess is that quite a bit of time will elapse over the course of the episode and it will feel a bit like a dramedy. But you know...i have NOOOO access to any info so I'm sure I'm wrong.

Best Actress 2008

Thu May 18, 2006 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Shack wrote:

I don't think everyone went their separate ways in Friends :P

My non spoiler guess is that quite a bit of time will elapse over the course of the episode and it will feel a bit like a dramedy. But you know...i have NOOOO access to any info so I'm sure I'm wrong.

[spoil]What I've heard of the finale sounds a lot like the series finale of Mad About You, which spanned like 30 years when Mabel grew up and Jamie & Paul were divorced, but got back together at the very end when they were older.[/spoil]

Thu May 18, 2006 8:12 pm
Superman: The Movie

Will & Grace now joins a long line of finales that have just sucked. I was never a big fan of the show, so I'm not really the best to comment on the episode, but in terms of storytelling this has been very lazy and stupid.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu May 18, 2006 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Even though I haven't seen it in a while, a part of me is very sad to see this show go. It's basically the last golden 1990s sitcom to depart, it almost feels like an era is officially closed with the end of this show.

Thu May 18, 2006 9:58 pm
Teh Mexican

That 70's Show or Will & Grace?!?!?!......damn them to hell, why do they do this to me?!?!

i cant decide :cry:

Thu May 18, 2006 10:00 pm
The French Dutch Boy

The actual finale show was pretty meh, but I really enjoyed the 1 hour pre-show recap of the run with clips, bloopers and commentary. That was hilarious stuff.

PEACE, Mike.

Thu May 18, 2006 10:04 pm
Awww, I thought it was sweet.

Even though I haven't seen it in a while, a part of me is very sad to see this show go. It's basically the last golden 1990s sitcom to depart, it almost feels like an era is officially closed with the end of this show.

I watched the finale just for that reason Libs. I'd never seen a Will and Grace episode before.

Just Shoot Me, Friends, Seinfeld, Veronica's Closet, Newsradio, Single Guy, Fraiser, Boston Common, Wings, Caroline in the City, Suddenly Susan, Mad About You, Will and Grace, all gone.

I miss the 90's.

Thu May 18, 2006 10:09 pm
Cream of the Crop

Awww, I thought it was sweet.

If it's any consolation, we still have The Simpsons and King of the Hill. :sweat:

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Thu May 18, 2006 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

The special has been hilarious as hell! :lol: ..... i think im going to start to see the re-runs at the WB, i havent seen the show in a loooong time!

Thu May 18, 2006 11:44 pm
Some days I'm a super bitch

I never watched Will & Grace consistently, but it was always there for a good laugh. Therefore, I will miss it. :cry:

Fri May 19, 2006 12:53 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

well the finale pretty much sucked major ass! :sad:

Fri May 19, 2006 12:54 am
Devil's Advocate

So I only saw the last couple minutes, anyways...

[spoil]They didn't do such a great job on the old age make-up. Will looked a bit scruffier, Grace just had her hair more formal, Jack and Karen looked exactly the same.

That phone conversation between Will and Grace was cute.[/spoil]

Fri May 19, 2006 1:06 am
Sbil

So I only saw the last couple minutes, anyways...

[spoil]They didn't do such a great job on the old age make-up. Will looked a bit scruffier, Grace just had her hair more formal, Jack and Karen looked exactly the same.

That phone conversation between Will and Grace was cute.[/spoil]

Karen was supposed to look exactly the same, that was the joke.

Fri May 19, 2006 6:29 am
Forum General

I got so many mixed feeling over the finale last night and I'm still not over it.

After thinking about it ALOT, I truly loved it and was actually quite disturbed by it.

I can forgive them for the sub-par writing overall for the episode but what made it truly stand out was the balls they had to end it the way they did. It didn't take usual sitcom route and actually went somewhere that truly showed why this was such a groundbreaking sitcom. There was almost no comedy and I was fine with that; in fact, I was hoping for that. They have had 8 years to do all the comedy they could and it when it was time to end it they ended it right. So, I'm actually glad they took the harder route, the less sugar-coated route, and the broken-lives route.

Why I was so affected and couldn't stop thinking about it all day today (at work and school) was because of how hard it hit reality. The story arc it took in the final episode was among the most grounded and justifiable in reality of any sitcom I have ever seen. And the reality of the evnts actually got me thinking ALOT and I will admit, scared me quite a bit. Over the past year, after becoming comfortable with my sexuality and coming to terms with my personal identity I came to realize how one of my best friends and I are so much like Will and Grace. The three of us (my two best friends) actually act alot like them (well, howevermuch close 3 college freshmen can be to thirty-something year olds ;) ). But, what I'm getting at is that I actually saw alot of myself in the Will character (and I wasn't even watching W&G at this point). Not all the funny antics and physical comedy and exagerrations but I found myself really relating to the deeper developed character and I'd be lying if I said one of my best friends did not have an astonishingly uncanny character resemblance to Grace. I'm not saying we're planning on having a baby in the future :tongue: but this episode, for whatever reason, really hit close to home for me and made me realize quite alot of things.

I was initially a little disappointed but it soon made me realize how much I undervalued this show. I know it was very well written for only a short time and the last few years have sort of dragged (to be honest, I rarely watched it for 2 years) but I don't know... it's like I just fell in love with it or something.

:sad:

But I'm glad that they ended it this way and I'm very happy it ended quite high in the ratings too.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Fri May 19, 2006 7:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next