Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 The 'Desperate Housewives' Thread (Season 2) 
Draughty

Christian wrote:
Raffiki wrote:
One technical thing: Can a virgin even have a baby?

Holy Mother of God, what kind of question is this?!? :blink:

What? :huh:

I meant without having sex first, can you deliver a surrugate baby?

IT's not like it's my fault I haven't taken an interest in that "part" of women ;) :tongue:

mother of god - Virgin Mary - he was making a joke. :)

Mon May 08, 2006 2:52 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Raffiki wrote:
Christian wrote:
Raffiki wrote:
One technical thing: Can a virgin even have a baby?

Holy Mother of God, what kind of question is this?!? :blink:

What? :huh:

I meant without having sex first, can you deliver a surrugate baby?

IT's not like it's my fault I haven't taken an interest in that "part" of women ;) :tongue:

mother of god - Virgin Mary - he was making a joke. :)

:blush:

Hehe... nice.

The more I think about it, the more I love this episode. And I think, had they fleshed it out a bit (possibly two hours) it would have been an okay season closer. So, I hope things get only more, uhh, desperate (lol) and that the finale is a bigger shocker!

Also, for Andrew... he not only just cut himself from his mother but also potentially lost Justin in what he did. Or not, we'll see :smile:

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon May 08, 2006 3:13 am
Forum General

Dark as ever. I love it. It's getting as good as it's ever been.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon May 15, 2006 1:29 am
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Dark as ever. I love it. It's getting as good as it's ever been.

yeah, that's exactly what I said when Mary Alice was doing her closing monologue. I love it too. It's different and it feels right for the show. Not sure why exactly but it just does. It was trying to be a comedy for so long but it's edge was in the fact that these people have dark lives.

Bree in a psych ward is awesome. I can't wait for the finale next week.

Mon May 15, 2006 9:56 am
New Server, Same X

The "Tom Cheating on Lynette" Positives and Negatives

Positives: This plotline basically gives Tom and Lynette an interesting storyline that will likely be played out in Season 3. Will she leave him? Will they work it out like Gabrielle and Carlos did? And, I honest to God was praying that he wasn't cheating on her. I kept saying "Please don't be cheating on her, please...".

Negatives: Why do all the relationships on Wisteria Lane have to be dysfunctional? Susan divorced Carl, Bree's husband died, and Gabrielle cheated on Carlos. I know this represents the real life, but still. I was hoping they would be the one "clean" couple.

If this show was nominated for dramatic awards at the Emmys, Marcia Cross and Felicity Huffman would be in the running. But, to me, Eva Longoria deserves it the most if we're talking comedy. This is the problem with dramedies (it's a dramedy, no?) being nominated for comedy or for drama. But, I'm sure Marcia or Felicity will end up winning the Emmy this fall for Lead Actress.

Mon May 15, 2006 2:00 pm
Forum General

The "Tom Cheating on Lynette" Positives and Negatives

Positives: This plotline basically gives Tom and Lynette an interesting storyline that will likely be played out in Season 3. Will she leave him? Will they work it out like Gabrielle and Carlos did? And, I honest to God was praying that he wasn't cheating on her. I kept saying "Please don't be cheating on her, please...".

Negatives: Why do all the relationships on Wisteria Lane have to be dysfunctional? Susan divorced Carl, Bree's husband died, and Gabrielle cheated on Carlos. I know this represents the real life, but still. I was hoping they would be the one "clean" couple.

If this show was nominated for dramatic awards at the Emmys, Marcia Cross and Felicity Huffman would be in the running. But, to me, Eva Longoria deserves it the most if we're talking comedy. This is the problem with dramedies (it's a dramedy, no?) being nominated for comedy or for drama. But, I'm sure Marcia or Felicity will end up winning the Emmy this fall for Lead Actress.

I think the Lynette/Tom plotline is quite stellar now. It's not just the different dynamics of who stays at home and who goes to work. This changes things forever. Even if they patch things up, they will never be as happy as they could have been. I kept rewatching that scene when Lynette sees the other woman and it is simply one of the best and most heart-breaking scenes this season has had. I think it's great that now we're seeing that Lynette's and Bree's storylines are both more thought out and planned than we thought.

Both plotlines were hinted at in Season 1 and everything has been a means to and end and we're finally here. This is why I truly love Desperate Housewives: it's very dark under all the fluffiness. Some might think Bree's storyline is exagerrated but I think after Lynette's, it's the one most grounded in reality. Of course not everything is believable like a combo of psychopath pharmacist and sex-addict boyfriend who sleeps with your son, but the implications of both and the consequences ring very true and the realism is brought out by the amazing acting by these two women.

As for the Emmys...

I see three nominatoons again this year. But I think Teri Hatcher will miss out and Eva Longoria will score one this time around. Although I personally thought that Teri Hatcher was better in this season (in a few great episodes) her having really nothing to do this season really puts her down. I'd say all four would be nominated had we not had two comedies ending this year. JAne Kazmareck will definitely get a nomination and I think Debra Messing could pull one off too. Considering that Jane hasn't won yet (has she?) and Debra has, I see it going to Jane. If not, Marcia Cross should get it. Comedy or not, she deserves an Emmy for her work in the past 2 years. But I will concede and agree that should it be taken as a comedy, Eva Longoria deserves it by far!!!!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon May 15, 2006 10:21 pm
Forum General

I'm so impatient. I have a feeling Tom may not have actually been cheating and that there is much more to the storyline. I think I'd actually be mad if he wasn't.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sun May 21, 2006 1:48 pm
Draughty

2 Hour Finale Tonight!!!

I'm so impatient. I have a feeling Tom may not have actually been cheating and that there is much more to the storyline. I think I'd actually be mad if he wasn't.

I bet he has a grown daughter from a previous relationship a long time ago that he didn't tell her about. The way these types of shows work, it'll turn out to be something not as bad as she thinks but she'll attempt suicide and it'll cliffhanger that way. This is all wild guessing, no spoilers.

Sun May 21, 2006 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

I didn't really...get...the end of the finale.

Obviously, Kyle MacLachlan is supposed to be crazy. But what is the significance of him going inside Bree's house at the end for coffee? Just that he's...crazy?

I don't get it.

Sun May 21, 2006 11:01 pm
All Star Poster

He hit Mike right? Or is that someone else? Why did he hit mike?
I'm semi-lost

Sun May 21, 2006 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

After what seemed like two amazing build-up episodes, the finale was quite underwhelming.

I don't think the 2 hour finale was a bonus for the viewers. I think they had so many saturated storylines they just needed to tie up that they needed alot of time to do it.

Absolutely nothing went "wow" in this episode. And I agree the ending was kind of fuzzy.

I'm not sure of Orson has it in for Mike from the past or if he was just doing it for Carl. But where on earth would Carl know Orson from? And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no more psychopaths and disturbing stprylines for Bree. Just focus on her getting her life back together and following up on Andrew.

The flashbacks, at first, seemed a bit unnecessary but I actually think they were a bit wise in the grand scheme of things. It infused the characters with a bit more development (even though I think I caught a mistake the writers made).

This was NOT the ending they needed to keep viewers hooked on for next season.
I'm actually a bit disappointed in every one of the storylines.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon May 22, 2006 2:21 am
Extraordinary

I haven't seen this in a while, so bear with me.

Yawn. Another affair, but on the other side of the fence now. Regurgitation of an old story.

The old baby from a one night stand storyline. It was called just before it was revealed in this thread alone. So it really isn't that interesting. Also, did anyone really want to put up with another one of their brats?

They should have ended it with that Bree/her daughter/that other guy scene. The flowers on the end were tacky, as thats how the last season pretty much ended and this season started, a weirdo coming to her at a bad time in her life. Regurgitation of another storyline.

Susan - Mike hurt AGAIN. Yawn. Also, anyone think that it wasn't Carl that hired that guy, but Edie? They didn't even show her at all. Maybe they forgot to wrap up her season as well.

Applewhites - For the first time this entire season, their story was actually the most interesting to follow. Too bad they're off the show now...

Zach - So now he's going to be a spoiled brat. Just what this show needs, more spoiled brats!

Flashbacks were ok, glad they realize that they need to mix it up a bit.

Mon May 22, 2006 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Heh, I guess the spoiler I read was right regarding next season's mystery will somehow include a new guy character for the 2nd season, turns out to be Kyle McLachlan.

Mon May 22, 2006 3:37 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

The flashbacks were great. They kinda showed a different side to the characters and how they got to where they are.

Best Actress 2008

Mon May 22, 2006 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Some days I'm a super bitch

Ummm, am I the only person who fails to see the motive behind Kyle McCracken's hit-and-run? Either I'm lost or the writers are leaving us in the dark on purpose. :huh:

Tue May 23, 2006 3:16 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Ummm, am I the only person who fails to see the motive behind Kyle McCracken's hit-and-run? Either I'm lost or the writers are leaving us in the dark on purpose. :huh:

We're left in the dark on purpose. It's obviously going to be a big part of Season 3.

So far we can deduce that either Carl or Edie hired him (unlikely though) or that he knows Mike from his past.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Tue May 23, 2006 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15