Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 The 'Desperate Housewives' Thread (Season 2) 
Confessing on a Dance Floor

"i will go nondenomitional so quickly it will make your head spin!"

Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:40 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Glad to see Edie getting a good scene in the premiere, and she had better get a lot more of those this season, with no missed episodes. :mad:

Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:41 pm
Romosexual!

Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:41 pm
Romosexual!

Glad to see Edie getting a good scene in the premiere, and she had better get a lot more of those this season, with no missed episodes. :mad:

she's my least fav character and actress.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:46 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:04 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Locking her husband up in the basement? :ohmy: Those are some strange people.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:08 pm
Romosexual!

WOW! lol crazy family there. can't wait for the rest.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:11 pm
Kypade

That ending was so ridiculous, it was almost stupid. Wonder what they could possibly do with that...

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:14 pm
Cream of the Crop

A strong opening to the season. Just like Grey's Anatomy, ABC should clean up tonight when the ratings come out.

I like how they aren't giving away too much of the mystery with Alfre Woodard's family off the bat, just enough to keep us interested, I think that's necessary since that's the only real mystery now that Mike is probably Zach's Father and all.

Lynette's story line is looking up this year, wasn't so fond of her travails with the P's, I want to see how Tom deals with everything and since he's a minor character I can deal with that. Gabrielle's still kind of stuck in a creative rut, nothing has been going on with her that has interested me in a while. I hope they find something soon because I'm growing tired of her character.

Bree was stellar this episode, but the tie thing at the end was too predictable I was waiting for her to have one in her purse just in case, but going to Tom was a nice touch. I'm hoping that in the second season she doesn't become too one note. I am liking Rex's Mother, I hope that she sticks around for a bit. I much prefer Bree's interactions with her than with George.

I was surprised Susan to connect the dots re: Mike and Zach that quickly, she was more aloof last season. And how many times does that make it that Susan and Mike have broken whatever they have off? It's getting to be a bit ridiculous.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Alfre Woodard is great but perhaps a crazy psycho lady. She'll be a welcome addition to Wisteria Lane, heh.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:26 pm
Forum General

Thought it was pretty good except for the ending. How dumb.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:48 pm
Sbil

Really? I'm intrigued.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:48 pm
Award Winning Bastard

I found the ending to be very mysterious, and I can't wait to find out what that's all about. Why are she and her son keeping (I assume) her husband and his dad chained in the basement, and what was the sound that Susan was telling her that she keeps hearing? It's obviously him not liking his imprisonment.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:52 pm
Hot Fuss

A bit... average for an opening. They had so long to come up with some witty one liners! Bree was fab as usual, the rest of the cast did good! I like it- especially Alfre comming on!

Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Some days I'm a super bitch

It seems -- for me at least -- that the show's success has given the cast a boost in self confidence. Especially Hatcher, who appears more and more confortable with the slap-stick stuff. Not that she wasn't before, but it just looks like she's putting more into her character.

The change in the Tom/Lynette dynamic is refreshing. I've always thought Lynette was too crafty to be a full-time stay at home mom (no offence to the mothers out there...I know it's tough!), plus the change of pace should keep things fresh for her story arc.

Gabrielle and the Carlos thing is starting to wear thin though. The guy's in jail and the writters still only keep dishing out the same old "if you cheat on me I'll kill you" thing. There must be some kind of twist coming up where he gets out and he seeks revenge on Jon or something because it just seems like this is going nowhere.

And lastly we have Bree. O' crazy ol' Bree. The scenes where she and Rex's mother engage in passive aggressive banter were perfectly delivered -- and the tie part was just gravy. I have a feeling (or at least hope) the writters will give us more insight into Bree's Martha Stewart-like anal retentivness sometime in the near future. They kind of did last year, but I'm just waiting for that pivitol scene where she's forced to make some kind of huuge choice and it brings out another side in her.

Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Despite being the first few minutes of the show here, Shirley Knight is already giving a fantastic performance. I see a Guest Actress nomination for next year.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:22 am
Forum General

Dkmuto wrote:

Really? I'm intrigued.

Well, not that I'm not intrigued... I just thought it was a little too silly.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Dkmuto wrote:

I found the ending to be very mysterious, and I can't wait to find out what that's all about. Why are she and her son keeping (I assume) her husband and his dad chained in the basement, and what was the sound that Susan was telling her that she keeps hearing? It's obviously him not liking his imprisonment.

- Was the hand in the basement white? Maybe it wasn't the husband?

- Did you miss next weeks preview - He was rattling chains in the basement againist pipes.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:48 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

It was much much different that the premiere (as most shows are) because this episode dealt with closing the loose ends of the last episode. But, even so, I thought it wasn't nearly as strong as it culd have been...

Lynette's stpryline, like everyone else, I agree is the most promising dynamic change between seasons. I've always liked Lynette and I'm interested in where this is going.

Again, I agree that the Gabrielle storyline with Carlos is running thin, but was I the only one that sense a change of direction? They both admitted they're unhappy and not very good people... I think they do have something up their sleeves, otherwise it's just gonna be Gabrielle getting pregnant. John is not going to be present most of the season because he has another project he's attahced to; they're going to write him off for a while, hoping for his return...

Was it just me or did Teri Hatcher actually give a pretty damn good dramatic performance in this episode. I think she was probably the best in the premiere out of the four... hard to compete with Bree, but she didn't have a breakdown or anything.

Even without having a breakdown, Bree's face and composure was worth this episode. As always, she was amazing. Yes, the tie thing was predictable but a great touch. I'm most interested in seeing what they're going to have her do this season...

As for Alfre Woodard. I don't know... I was completely intrigued and got really into her storyline right up until they opened that door. I mean, I agree with Dkmuto, and tink it was a bit silly. I'be heard the big secret is quite a shocker, a REALY chocker, but I'm hoping it's not going to turn out to be some bizarre twisted revelation that isn't that believable. The MAry-Alice storyline was somewhat believable, so I don't know. We'll have to see more to really judge. And even so, I disagree with AgentX... I think they agve too much away with showing them feed their husband/father/creature; they should have waited at least another episode or two.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:25 am
Cream of the Crop

Yes, they certainly gave a lot away by showing a non-descript hand at the end there. I don't really even need to watch the rest of the season, the dots just connect themselves.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:38 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I'm not at all convinced that it's her husband. They made reference to her husband in the episode, but that doesn't really mean anything. I doubt it would be THAT obvious, but who knows?

I still think Eva Longoria deserved an Emmy nomination, at least over Jane Kaczmarek for Malcolm in the Middle. She delivers her lines really well, and has great comedic timing. My favorite line of the episode: "I got Photoshop for Christmas!"

I'm a tad discouraged with the writers, that they basically used up most of the parental figures for the four women already. Lynette had Tom's father visit, Susan had her mom stay with her for a few episodes, Gabrielle was cursed with Carlos' mom last year, and now Bree's mother-in-law. I think they're wearing it a bit thin. "Oh, their parents are all big pains in the ass. Err... pain in the asses. Pains in the collective asses?" You get the point.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:47 am
Forum General

I'm not at all convinced that it's her husband. They made reference to her husband in the episode, but that doesn't really mean anything. I doubt it would be THAT obvious, but who knows?

I still think Eva Longoria deserved an Emmy nomination, at least over Jane Kaczmarek for Malcolm in the Middle. She delivers her lines really well, and has great comedic timing. My favorite line of the episode: "I got Photoshop for Christmas!"

I'm a tad discouraged with the writers, that they basically used up most of the parental figures for the four women already. Lynette had Tom's father visit, Susan had her mom stay with her for a few episodes, Gabrielle was cursed with Carlos' mom last year, and now Bree's mother-in-law. I think they're wearing it a bit thin. "Oh, their parents are all big pains in the ass. Err... pain in the asses. Pains in the collective asses?" You get the point.

I agree with the parents argument. And it's not like everyone has unbearable parents!
It also kinda goes into my mindset or view that Season 1 was actually probably the best Housewives season we will get. the writer had this thing boiling in him for a long time and it all came out in Season 1. I could be totally off, but from what I see the first season was masterfully planned while now they have to think up more plots and storylines rather than have them pour out of MArc Cherry's brain (which I guess, according to Huffman, has a vagina in it!)

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:25 pm
Extraordinary

Just got done watching it, pretty decent.
My recording got cut off right after the funeral. :sad: I would have liked to see Bree let out some more emotion during the funeral but I found the tie thing pretty funny. Heh.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:57 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

Hmmm, Lost and Desperate Housewives were the two top rated TV shows among hispanics last week.

Maybe the whole dubbing them in Spanish thing actually will pay off. Things keep looking good for ABC.

Best Actress 2008

Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next