Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 The 'Lost' Thread (Season 1) 
Draughty

Yeah I didn't really care for this episode, my least favorite so far. There were moments I liked but the overall storylines were meh. To me, the revelation of the existence of the French woman sucked a bit of the mystery out of the setting, for some reason.

If last week I complimented the show on borrowing Alias's best aspect, this week it seemed to borrow Alias's worst aspect - deliberate opaqueness and plot twists that seem cool to a screenwriter but not to a viewer.

You know who I'd like to see more of? That pregnant Aussie girl from previous episodes, she was really charming.

edit: Just saw the coming attractions for next episode, well speak of the devil about the Aussie girl lol.

As to Walk and Locke, looked pretty straightforward to me, he went to Locke to learn how to be a hunter.

Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:08 am
Profile WWW
As to Walk and Locke, looked pretty straightforward to me, he went to Locke to learn how to be a hunter.

That's just it. That didn't fit the framework of the episode. It was if Fury needed something cuddly and threw it in. :?

I wonder if Hurley is Alex. Maybe it's Ethan.

Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:00 pm
Draughty

Archie Gates wrote:

That's just it. That didn't fit the framework of the episode. It was if Fury needed something cuddly and threw it in. :?

I wonder if Hurley is Alex. Maybe it's Ethan.

I didn't see it as all warm and cuddly, to me it showed a slight estrangement between Walt and his dad.

And it shows there will be a possible replacement hunter for the future should Locke die. Assuming they will be there a few years.

I liked that ending, the part that I almost fast forwarded through were the long slow parts with the french woman and Sayid. When he woke up and was being tortured, one week after he had tortured Sawyer, that was just such an eye roll moment.

Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I don't think this was bad enough to distinguish itself from other boring episodes to be called W.E.E, but it didn't interest me in any great way.

Sayed and his adventures with Danielle were rather boring, I liked the glimpse into his past life - that was interesting. But I just can't get excited over this mysterious stranger on the island, meh - so what.
The golf course was a nice idea, but did it have to eat up all that time? Surely there was some character dynamic they could have explored and just mentioned the course in passing or in a more limited sense.

Walter and his relationship with his Father seems on shaky ground. I thought his Father came off looking rather poorly this episode. I was so sure he was going to allow his son to take his shot on the golf course rather than brushing him off.

I would have thought for Sweeps they would pull off some great episodes, but these are leaving me slightly underwhelmed.

Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:57 pm
Profile WWW

We're right around the midway point of season 1 and we get an episode that's dangerously close to being stand alone.

Outside of the info given by Danielle, which was suspect at best, there was nothing that moved the story ahead.

I just don't want to see dead ends and lost plotlines in this Abrams series like we saw in Alias.

Speaking of which, Alias/Lost back to back will be great.

Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:44 pm
Extraordinary

WOW! Alot of people didnt like last nights episode. I really liked it, and teh back story was cooler then other peoples.

Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Squee

I thought the last 3 episodes were just OK. I would have liked last week's episode more if they didnt have some "I turned into the thing I hated" story-line with Sawyer. I would have preferred if that letter was actually adressed to him. Makes the character more complex, I think. Still a very good show, though.

:glare:

Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:35 pm
Draughty

I just read Loyals highligted article from above for the first time. Now I get why the complaining patient in this last episode seemed like some guy who walked off the street and not a real good actor.

Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

stupid Bachelor, they should stop doing that stupid show!!(dating reality shows are so over now)

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:33 pm
Forum General

Lost has found its way on the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week.
I must say it's one of the better cover pictures of the year. And the two page spread cast pic is amazing. The article is pretty good.
They also have a side article with 5 internet fan theories about the island, their plausibility factor, cast reactions, and then writers' reactions to them!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:41 pm
The Kramer

wow, the ending to that episode was great. I was wondering who the hell Ethan was, but didn't to much of it because they've just randomly re-introduced characters from the first show. Nice to have a real villain on the show, hope he doesn't die next episode or something.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:10 pm
laneyboy

Wow. Just wow. I can't WAIT till next Wednesday

Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

It was a good episode, coming back from a week off and what I thought were a few weak episodes.

Claire! That's her name, I spent ten minutes trying to recall that..Anyway Claire's backstory was interesting, what with the creepy psychic who doomed to her the island because her baby needs to be raised by her or else.... I dunno s/he becomes that Australian antichrist everyone's been talking about or something...

Ethan... oh you crazy Ontarian, you were on the island from the beginning? Now you look all menacing towards Claire and Charlie - Awesome! Just harm Charlie, can't stand him.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:09 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

My favorite episode so far, loved it. Of course the fact that I think that Aussie girl is the most charming girl on TV these days plays a role in my liking it. But her backstory was fascinating and suspenseful. All in all a great episode, no complaints at all from me for once.

Last edited by A. G. on Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

Trapped in the Bermuda Triangle? Frozen in another dimension? Part of an autistic child's daydream? When it comes to Lost, there is no shortage of conspiracy theories being swapped by fans. Here are five provocative notions floating in cyberspace.

THEORY The survivors actually died in the crash and the island is purgatory.
PLAUSIBILITY (On a scale of 1 to 5) 4
CAST REACTION ''Perhaps they're all dead, but it isn't purgatory for everyone,'' says Terry O'Quinn (creepy wise man Locke). ''It's heaven for some and hell for others.''
INFORMED OPINION ''That's a cool theory,'' says Lost mastermind J.J. Abrams, ''but there are people who have died in the plane, so it would have to be a qualified purgatory.''

THEORY There was only one survivor — perhaps Jack — and the island is a dream; other survivors represent aspects of his personality.
PLAUSIBILITY 2
CAST REACTION ''It would bum me out if we were someone's imagination,'' says Jorge Garcia (who plays plus-size jokester Hurley). ''It'd be like, 'Aww, you ruined it!'''
INFORMED OPINION ''That theory is absolutely correct,'' says cocreator Damon Lindelof, ''and the character is J.J. Abrams.''

THEORY The island is a giant lab for mad-scientist experimenting, à la The Island of Dr. Moreau.
PLAUSIBILITY 3
CAST REACTION ''I've considered the possibility that there is some secret-government something going on,'' says Evangeline Lilly (leading lady Kate). ''I'll leave it at that.''
INFORMED OPINION ''It's a piece of a much bigger picture,'' says Abrams. ''It's not the big answer.''

THEORY A catastrophe has thrown the world upside down and killed the entire population, save for these survivors.
PLAUSIBILITY 4
CAST REACTION ''Holy s---!'' says Matthew Fox (noble doc Jack). ''Wow, it's the dawn of a new civilization here. I don't think that's the case, but I really like it.''
INFORMED OPINION ''That is absolutely a possibility,'' says Lindelof. ''What's amazing is that we can do an entire season without answering what happened in the outside world.''

THEORY Aliens crashed the plane, placed the survivors in a zoo-like habitat, and now are just screwing with them.
PLAUSIBILITY 2
CAST REACTION Says Ian Somerhalder (Boone): ''No.''
INFORMED OPINION ''Isn't that an episode of The Outer Limits?'' says Lindelof. ''I would just say: Don't feed the Kate.''

--

Pasted from http://www.ew.com

Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:35 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

I got bored and went snooping around to find a Lost forum and found one. Someone there caught an interesting thing in last night's episode. When they are taking the pregnancy test and Claire asks how long it takes, the bf says "6...66 seconds." Which was caused by his stuttering but it might be an inside joke by the writers about 666 and all, since they were hinting something dark about the baby in other scenes.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

:evil: :evil:

Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:19 pm
Draughty

:cry: :cry: i missed it!! :cry: :cry:

Maybe you can download it online. I don't know much about doing that but it's possible someone else could PM you with help.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

matatonio wrote:
:cry: :cry: i missed it!! :cry: :cry:

Maybe you can download it online. I don't know much about doing that but it's possible someone else could PM you with help.

that would be cool

Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:32 pm
Grill

Fantastic episode! Did not see that coming.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:52 pm
Teh Mexican

can someone explain to me what happend?!?!
i wanna know, why is the best episode so far!! WHY!!??!

Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:55 pm
Sbil

It was very spooky, and had a twist most weren't expecting.

Basically, Claire (the pregnant girl) keeps waking up screaming after having all of these horrible nightmares that she thinks are actually happening. It flashes back to Claire living in Australia with her deadbeat boyfriend, who left her while she was pregnant. An odd psychic tells Claire that her baby will suffer greatly if its raised by anyone other than her, but he has a "vision" telling her to fly to LA to give her baby up to some couple there (yes, the flight that crashed...and he's a psychic). At the same time, Hurley decides to do a Census of the castaways on the island, and he discovers that Ethan (he's been recurring the last episode or so) was not on the plane passenger's list. After Claire and Charlie walk in the jungle, Ethan stands in front of them, acting very threatening and creepy, and then the show ends.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:56 pm
Teh Mexican

matatonio wrote:

It was very spooky, and had a twist most weren't expecting.

Basically, Claire (the pregnant girl) keeps waking up screaming after having all of these horrible nightmares that she thinks are actually happening. It flashes back to Claire living in Australia with her deadbeat boyfriend, who left her while she was pregnant. An odd psychic tells Claire that her baby will suffer greatly if its raised by anyone other than her, but he has a "vision" telling her to fly to LA to give her baby up to some couple there (yes, the flight that crashed...and he's a psychic). At the same time, Hurley decides to do a Census of the castaways on the island, and he discovers that Ethan (he's been recurring the last episode or so) was not on the plane passenger's list. After Claire and Charlie walk in the jungle, Ethan stands in front of them, acting very threatening and creepy, and then the show ends.

Thanks a lot Libs your great!! :)

BTW whos Ethan?!?! :? ...i dont remember him! :?

Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:04 pm
Full Fledged Member

This was a good episode and I really enjoyed the background of Claire, who's background is next to learn?

Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:38 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Man, from what I read here, the show sounds amazing. I wonder if they'll air it in Germany anytime soon. :?

Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next