Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars 
Veteran

Post Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars
Just had a chance to see this and though I am sad to see it end, it was totally brill!

I'll be back to discuss this more in depth. In the meantime, I'll turn the thread over to those, if any here are fans! Comment away....

Hopefully I am not alone!

'The stars in the sky...
Bring tears to my eyes...
They're lighting my way... tonight.

And I haven't felt so alive..
In years.'

MOS

Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:30 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I watched it last week, totally fantastic - Especially the second part. The last 30 minutes had me tearing up.

I also managed to finally pick up Season 4 on the weekend so I now have the complete series, and come Jan 19 - the miniseries.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:10 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

I watched it last week, totally fantastic - Especially the second part. The last 30 minutes had me tearing up.

I also managed to finally pick up Season 4 on the weekend so I now have the complete series, and come Jan 19 - the miniseries.

Exactly! Poor Ka D'Argo! I think they left that up in the air however for any possible new series or films! Somewhat perhaps like ST: The Search for Spock!

I hope to see a movie sometime in the future for this excellent series!

P.S. The Adalons were a nice extra and the Scarrans diversity looked cooler than ever! They must need huge actors to play them!

I missed the final episode of Farscape before they cancelled the series, so I never got to know how it ended! This mini-series helped me to piece together what happened in the final programme! Well done!

'The stars in the sky...

In years.'

MOS

Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

The ending of the series was distressing, I remember that dark day in fandom. Telling us we would get a Season 5 and letting us and the producers of the show believe it. They thought "Bad Timing" was just going to be a season finale, not the series finale, but then boom - sorry no season 5 so Aeryn and John are left on the boat crystalized after finally agreeing to getting married. I'm sure more happened, but I haven't gotten around to watching that episode again as I just got the set.

I can see how D'argo can still be alive, but I really hope if there is another incarnation of FS that they don't go that route, it would cheapen the impact his apparent death had in the mini.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

The ending of the series was distressing, I remember that dark day in fandom. Telling us we would get a Season 5 and letting us and the producers of the show believe it. They thought "Bad Timing" was just going to be a season finale, not the series finale, but then boom - sorry no season 5 so Aeryn and John are left on the boat crystalized after finally agreeing to getting married. I'm sure more happened, but I haven't gotten around to watching that episode again as I just got the set.

I can see how D'argo can still be alive, but I really hope if there is another incarnation of FS that they don't go that route, it would cheapen the impact his apparent death had in the mini.

All I can say is that it would be strange and a bit empty not having D'Argo around if there were to be another incarnation of FS! His son, Ka Jothee, though I like him moreso now that he has matured, could not take D'Argo's place! I just wish they hadn't gone that route in the first place! :(

The characters in FS rarely ever get a happy ending, and D'Argo's sacrifice, though valiant and a highlight in the movie, could have been executed a different way! He deserved a happy ending given that his life was so wrought with sadness!

I don't know, I though it all to be bittersweet!

'The stars in the sky...

In years.'

MOS

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]