Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 The "Heroes" Thread: Season 2 
i break the rules, so i don't care

Post Re: The "Heroes" Thread: Season 2
the problem with shows like heroes is that there a lot of "set up" episodes. the show isn't story boarded very well. I can't believe Kring has the first 3 seasons planned out. You get too far ahead of urself.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:54 am
Draughty

Maya killed her brother's fiance, as well as his friends and relatives at the wedding. And then she sides with an admitted murderer who looks and acts shifty, over her brother, getting him killed in the process.

She needs to die horribly. Her being sucked into a jet engine like Syndrome would be satisfying.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

It doesn't help that she spends 90% of her screen time crying.

Chalk it up to lowered expectations after reading this thread, but I didn't think this episode was that bad. I like how Adam's reasoning behind unleashing the virus comes down to simple population control. That's some good character motivation there, Timmo.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:22 pm
Devil's Advocate

Archie Gates wrote:
Maya killed her brother's fiance, as well as his friends and relatives at the wedding. And then she sides with an admitted murderer who looks and acts shifty, over her brother, getting him killed in the process.

She needs to die horribly. Her being sucked into a jet engine like Syndrome would be satisfying.

Btw, I'd love to hear Sylar explain the no more Alejandro bit. "Umm... he just left." "Ok!"

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:57 pm
Squee

Some of you people need to get over your Kristen Bell love, it's tinting your judgment of her scenes. The confrontation with Claire was dumb, not the best part of the episode.

"I'm going to show them what I can do and they'll believe me!" Yes, I'm sure that is what will happen. No, no one will be chasing you to get you in a lab to study you like The Company would do. Yes, you are a complete and total moron.

:glare:

Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:11 pm
problem?

The writers on this show have to be one of the worst writing teams in television history. They have made Maya completely braindead. Sylar's hawt and all, but he's not that hawt that a person would be that lovestruck.

The only good part about this episode was the Claire/Elle scene. And it only lasted like two minutes. I loved when she tried to get away in her car but couldn't.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:12 pm
Extraordinary

Snrub wrote:
It doesn't help that she spends 90% of her screen time crying.

Chalk it up to lowered expectations after reading this thread, but I didn't think this episode was that bad. I like how Adam's reasoning behind unleashing the virus comes down to simple population control. That's some good character motivation there, Timmo.

I do like Adam he reminds me of a cross between Ra's Al Ghul and Vandal Savage. At least we know why the others feared him. They were scared he release a virus on the world. I think the main problem with the episode is there were too many story lines going on. I don't know if it is because of the writers strike or what but it seems like they were rushing to get things to a certain point.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Which brings me to another point. Instead of locking Adam up for 30 years, couldn't they have um... shot him in the head? Or do they need constant supplies of his blood.

Oh and if HRG got shot in the head, he shouldn't be able to come back, if that gets rid of you for good.

But this is just nitpicking.

Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:30 pm
loyalfromlondon

I have the ep sitting on my computer but I can't bring myself to watch it.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:33 pm
Extraordinary

Shack wrote:
Which brings me to another point. Instead of locking Adam up for 30 years, couldn't they have um... shot him in the head? Or do they need constant supplies of his blood.

Oh and if HRG got shot in the head, he shouldn't be able to come back, if that gets rid of you for good.

But this is just nitpicking.

That is why I think that doesnt work. The doctor just thought it would. I think his powers are closer to Savage. You could blow Savage's head off and it would grow back. Adam is closer to Savage in some ways like. Also about him not having anybody who knows, somebody in the company was working with him. My theory is that it will turn out to be Bob. Also maybe Sylar and some other villains (like Elle) will team up with him in the second half or next season. If they do that they could form a serious kick ass group.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:06 am
Profile WWW
i break the rules, so i don't care

Magnus wrote:
Dino Now wrote:
the problem with shows like heroes is that there a lot of "set up" episodes. the show isn't story boarded very well. I can't believe Kring has the first 3 seasons planned out. You get too far ahead of urself.

There is nothing wrong with set up episodes. There just is somehting wrong when you have like 8 "set up" episodes in a row.

good shows don't need set-up episodes. they can do it all. this whole season has been a set-up season.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:24 am
Site Owner

Think back to Claire when she got the stick stuck in her head.

She was dead as a door knob until someone removed the giant stick from her head, then her blood fixed her brain and she was alive.

Theoretically, shooting someone like Adam in the head should do nothing. If it's a bullet, their body should just push it out. If something larger, say a machete, gets lodged in their head, they are dead until it gets pulled out.

Now, I suppose it would be possible to stick a knife in their head, then drain all their blood. Since their blood has the regenerative powers, removing it while their dead should theoretically kill them, theoretically.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

The redhead said that removing the head's the only way to be sure. Something a direct shotgun blast should manage.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:03 am
New Server, Same X

Snrub wrote:
The redhead said that removing the head's the only way to be sure. Something a direct shotgun blast should manage.

Or a knife. Even a butter knife! It may take a while. And it'd probably be really messy. And the screams might be a little noisy. But the screams would eventually stop. And how much blood is in a human body anyway? The head would be gone in no time!

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:34 pm
New Server, Same X

Snrub wrote:
Chalk it up to lowered expectations after reading this thread, but I didn't think this episode was that bad.

Same here. I was expecting the worst of the worst, and I didn't really see that. At all. This isn't Season One Heroes, but I still enjoy it.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:56 pm
loyalfromlondon

Finally watched it. It wasn't terrible. This show still needs a lot of work, though. The entire Micah/Monica/N'awlins subplot needs to go. Like Shack said, do we really need a subplot of a backpack getting stolen? :funny:

The Claire/Elle catfight was good. Same with the Peter/Adam stuff. And Sylar is great, of course. I'm glad Alejandro's dead, he was really dragging that subplot down. Maya's dumb, sure, but she's hot and dumb, so it's not a total waste.

There's about five or six actors on this show who seem to rise above the horrid writing (HRG, Adam, Sylar, Elle, Nathan, Claire occasionally) but the rest are pretty much terrible. Hiro, Ando, Mohinder especially, Nikki, even Peter are all either annoying or bland. And it's not just from this season, it's something that's plagued the show from the start. The reason people love the first season so much is because of the storyline, but really, from a base technical level, the show's just not that good.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:29 am
Sbil

WTF!!!!

Screw you, Heroes!

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:00 pm
Site Owner

Awesome fucking episode. Figures it would get good right when there is no more.

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

So they kill off Nathan and Nikki and leave *Maya* alive?!?!?!

Seriously?

WHAT. THE. HELL.

I kind of hated things about this episode.

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:12 pm
Romosexual!

They'll be back. They won't stay dead for long.

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:28 pm
The Kramer

So what's to stop them from pumping Nathan and Nikki full of Claire blood? Might as well go and get Alejandro while we're at it.

Ugh, Maya had such a good death. First thing Heroes has done right all year, and they can't stick with it.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:12 am
Site Owner

Nikki is dead as a doorknob, Nathan will come back.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Nikki is dead. I am not surprised since the actress was starting to do more movies. They will bring Nathan back around, but still the Company is going to be screwed now. Peter will go balistic on them. Also I think Hiro screwed up doing that with Adam. I mean he is only buried under the ground. I bet he will be back.
Oh hopefully Maya goes back to Guatamela. I hope she doesn't stick around and try to play love nest with Mohinder.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I think Peter will jump back in time and stop Nathans Death.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:05 am
Profile WWW
invading your spaces

redspear wrote:
I think Peter will jump back in time and stop Nathans Death.

That would require him thinking about using one of his 10 useful talents. Thinking doesn't happen on Heroes.

The fact that Peter is a psychic/mentalist/whatever on Matt's level at this point is disgusting. Peter is way too powerful to be interesting anymore.

Nathan's death was the only honest moment this entire year. I hope he is gone, I'm really sick of people coming back from the dead. Niki and DL got punked. I don't even mind Monica or Maya as much as the rest of you, but the only character that had growth this year was Parkman.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next