Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
 'The Office', Season 3 Thread 
Draughty

When his initial reaction to Karen's question was to lie to her.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Oh that. Well, he was honest pretty quickly, so I don't think it was too bad. It's like George Washington. He told a lie, but then immediately said "I cannot tell a lie" and told the truth. And everyone praises him for that.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:25 pm
The Kramer

Oh that. Well, he was honest pretty quickly, so I don't think it was too bad. It's like George Washington. He told a lie, but then immediately said "I cannot tell a lie" and told the truth. And everyone praises him for that.
He only came clean because he thought Pam told her. Had he known Phillis told her he would of kept going with the lie.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:26 pm
Squee

When his initial reaction to Karen's question was to lie to her.

Pfft, you know how women are. Always emotional and irrational about small things. amiright?

amiright?

Don't hit me Ripper NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:glare:

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:46 pm
Forum General

Dwight is obviously still on the show. Calm it, people.

Excellent episode, though. One of the best this season.

Jim slapping Dwight, haaaaaa. :)

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman ... e_9513.asp

Since CBS’s “Survivor” went on its traditional midseason hiatus in mid-December, NBC’s 8 p.m. sitcoms have been reaping the benefits of a less-competitive timeslot.

“My Name is Earl” and “The Office” grew for the second straight week, both hitting season highs, as they also won the timeslot for the second straight week.

“Earl” averaged a 4.7 adults 18-49 Nielsen overnight rating, its best since last spring, at 8 p.m. “The Office” built to an impressive 5.0 at 8:30 p.m., a season high and its best since one year ago.

“Earl” was up 9 percent over last week’s 4.3, while “Office” jumped 16 percent over the previous week’s 4.3. Season to date, the shows are up nearly 50 percent over the network’s average in the same timeslot a year ago.

Among total viewers, “Office” had its best outing in a year, with 10.2 million, while “Earl” had its best showing since March, with 10.9 million.

NBC seems to be benefiting from the absence of “Survivor.” Last night CBS averaged a 2.7 among 18-49s in the timeslot, or half of what “Survivor” usually does. NBC does not, however, seem to be stealing viewers from ABC timeslot competitor “Ugly Betty,” which was up week to week in 18-49s.

It may well be that “Survivor” viewers who usually record the NBC sitcoms are watching them live, as both shows are popular among viewers with digital video recorder.

This is a promising development for NBC as “Survivor” gets ready to return in a few weeks. With that show weakening significantly in its most recent season, it’s possible these new viewers won’t migrate back to CBS.

Meanwhile, with its first new “Grey’s Anatomy” in weeks, ABC took first for the night among viewers 18-49 with a 5.7 average rating and a 15 share last night. NBC finished second at 4.4/11, CBS third at 3.0/8, Univision fourth at 1.8/5, Fox fifth at 1.8/4 and CW sixth at 1.7/4.

NBC started the night in the lead with a 4.8 average during the 8 p.m. hour for “My Name is Earl” (4.7) and “The Office” (5.0). ABC was second with a 4.4 for “Ugly Betty,” with CBS third with a 2.7 for “Armed and Famous” and Univision fourth with a 2.3 for “La Fea Mas Bella.” CW came in fifth with a 2.0 for “Smallville” and Fox sixth with a 1.9 average for “‘Til Death” (1.8) and “The War at Home” (1.9).

At 9 p.m. ABC took the lead in a big way with a 9.3 rating for “Grey’s Anatomy,” about even to its most recent original episode. CBS and NBC tied for second that hour, CBS for a “CSI” repeat and NBC for “Scrubs” (4.0, tying a season high) and “30 Rock” (2.9). Univision and Fox tied for fourth at 1.7, Univision for “Mundo de Fieras” and Fox for “The O.C.,” while CW was sixth with a 1.4 for “Supernatural.”

NBC took the lead back at 10 p.m. with a 5.0 for “ER,” followed by a 3.6 for ABC for “Men in Trees.” CBS was third with a 2.8 for “Shark” and Univision fourth with a 1.3 for “Aqui y Ahora.”

Among households, ABC led the night comfortably with a 10.2 average rating and a 16 share. CBS was second at 6.5/10, NBC third at 6.1/10, Fox fourth at 2.7/4, CW fifth at 2.4/4 and Univision sixth at 2.3/4.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Last night's the Office was really great. What I love kind of most about this show is how amazingly funny it is, but you really, REALLY care about these people.

I could go on and on about the hilariousness, but I am going to just comment on one thing:

That look that Angela gave to Andy through the window at the very, very end was astonishing. It gave me chills. So reminicent of the BtVS, Angel, Alias days. On one of those show a look like that meant vengeance. BIG vegeance. I know Angela won't be killing Andy (if only) but I so eagerly anticipate his undoing. At her hands.

Yeah, it was great.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:24 pm
New Server, Same X

The way some feel about Dwight is how I feel about Andy. I liked him at first, but now I can't stand him. And not in the "I love to hate him" sort of way. His obnoxious ways don't make me chuckle. At all.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:29 pm
Extraordinary

The best part of this entire episode was the look of Angela right at the end! I don't think she's ever been that mad!

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Those ratings that Office got last night must give this show a 4th season renewal (and beyond).

So... I wonder if Dwight's absence will last long. An episode? A month? Rest of the season? I don't see The Office going the typical route, but they can't leave Dwight off the show completely. Can they?

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:42 pm
Draughty

Those ratings that Office got last night must give this show a 4th season renewal (and beyond).

So... I wonder if Dwight's absence will last long. An episode? A month? Rest of the season? I don't see The Office going the typical route, but they can't leave Dwight off the show completely. Can they?

I doubt there will be an episode goes by that you don't see Dwight one way or another. As far as I have heard, all the main actors have long term contracts. The standard in the business is 5 years I believe so that's what they probably have.

This show is going to be around, the head of NBC entertainment was quoted a few months ago saying the show really helps the network in several ways and they are not really concerned about whether it breaks out and becomes a big hit, it's important to the network. I'm not sure why, I guess because it appeals to a desireable demographic and because it dominates on itunes? I'm sure this show will be around at least 5 years, what else does NBC have. I just really hope the behind the scenes talent like producer Greg Daniels stick around over the long term and don't get bored.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

My biggest concern would be Steve Carell. He just started getting big once Season 1 ended, and now he's committed to this show (unless he leaves) for another four or five years, at least. He's got a lot on his plate.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:35 pm
Draughty

Hopefully Evan Almighty will bomb. :tongue:

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

All joking aside, I don't think it's going to be the massive hit that people may want it to be. Carell may have Virgin under his belt, but he doesn't have much else to call his own.

Then there's always "Horton Hears a Who" in '08, although that only requires voicework from Steve.

Everytime I watch this show now, I get angry over how the rest of the cast gets snubbed at the awards shows. At the very least, Jenna and John deserve some love.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:44 pm
Forum General

Considering how much it cost to make, it won't be very difficult to bomb.

Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:49 pm
New Server, Same X

Archie Gates wrote:

Considering how much it cost to make, it won't be very difficult to bomb.

And depending how it's marketed, it could be a HUGE bomb. People see a Bruce Almighty spinoff, and many will vaguely remember "Son of the Mask" and "Dumb and Dumberer". I would love nothing more than to see it marketed as a serious comedy (oxymoron), and not a lame spinoff with "After Bruce Almighty..." in every TV spot and trailer, directed at kids and the easily-entertained.

Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:26 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Just watched the past two episodes and am all caught up now. The last one was the best. I loved the Angela look at the end :P

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:20 am
Profile YIM
Squee

My biggest concern would be Steve Carell. He just started getting big once Season 1 ended, and now he's committed to this show (unless he leaves) for another four or five years, at least. He's got a lot on his plate.

His character is good, but not close to the funniest. I actually find his character not really all that believable, cause there is no way someone as dumb and clueless as that can be the boss. His character seems too fake and forced.

Still funny, but sometimes just a bit too much.

:glare:

Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:30 pm
Draughty

I dunno, at least Michael looks the role of a boss, Brent always looked far too casual. And Michaels saving grace is that he's an ace salesman, and you know the old rule that people are promoted to one step above their level of competency.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Michael has a few things going for him that have kept him in his position.

A. He pulls out an incredible job performance at the right times (example: making the sale with the new client [Tim Meadows] in Season 2).
B. His ignorant remarks to the rest of the office are often shrugged off, because they know he's an idiot in that regard, and don't expect any more from him. When he pushes it far enough that his antics could be reported to the higher-ups, something happens to him that makes everyone feel bad for him. It's almost a mass pity for Michael that outside of his job, he has nothing.
C. He's sleeping with the boss. I don't have much trouble believing she is attracted to/in love with him, because she's so fucked up in her own ways. Melora Hardin doesn't get enough credit for pulling off that role of Jan very well.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:06 pm
New Server, Same X

I have a huge crush on Jan.

I didn't think much of her until she kissed Michael last year. She was hot once she pretty much revealed how fucked up she must be.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:14 pm
New Server, Same X

Mr. X wrote:
I Am Jack's... wrote:
I have a huge crush on Jan.

I didn't think much of her until she kissed Michael last year. She was hot once she pretty much revealed how fucked up she must be.
\

I'm attracted to fucked up chicks (yeah I'm talking to you Alisa, Mimi, Hiltza, Christine, Camille, Alex, Tom, etc...)

:ohmy: That's quite a list.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:21 pm
College Boy Z

Today, I discovered The Office. (thanks, torrino)

My life is now complete.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:03 pm
New Server, Same X

My life is now complete.

Once you're in it, you're in it for good.

I can't wait till 3 or 4 seasons are on DVD, so I can start breezing through them on weekends in my spare time. I feel like I could watch the entire two seasons on DVD in a day, if I really had nothing to do.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:11 pm
Draughty

My life is now complete.
Glad to hear it. With your avatar, being a fan of his I thought you already watched.

Libs will be the next to fall, if anyone can convince her to give it a chance.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next