Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Debt Ceiling. Gov't never addresses its problems timely? 
The Incredible Hulk

Post Debt Ceiling. Gov't never addresses its problems timely?
I know that this section is pretty dead, and no one wants to talk about any of the problems the present gov't has brought to the country, with its badly thought out programs and excessive spending.

So, what do you think has to happen now, as this Debt Ceiling Issue seems very important and can't be swept on the rug anymore.

Also, what other major issues has this present gov't ignored that really need to be handled?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:57 am
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Post Re: Debt Ceiling. Gov't never addresses its problems timely?
Is 'present gov't' the new 'Obama'?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 am
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Argos wrote:
Is 'present gov't' the new 'Obama'?

Well, I don't think that Obama should be blamed for all the problems, just most of them.

Also, I don't like how it seems Obama is changing his past stances on some tough issues, now that he has started to campaign more for the next Presidency.

And then last night, off to some high priced $ campaign fundraiser, rather than working on all of the present problems on his plate.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:50 am
The Original

They will rise the debt limit.
FED will print the money.
Problem solved...........or not :er:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:01 am
Extraordinary

They will compromise and raise it because if they don't they know there will be bad consquences and this will be congresses fault.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:27 am
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

So anything happening on this as I heard that by early August, some federal payments will have to be suspended: Social Security, Disability, Etc....

Anyway, Sure hope Obama is really paying attention to this important issue.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:35 pm
The Incredible Hulk

Obama? Does he have an idea, as I just googled > News results for obama on the budget

Anyway, this should be fun to see how it turns out! Right, if there are any Pro Obama people still out there.

Source Budget Tensions May FuelFireworks Show in D.C. · Fox News · 1 hour ago Explore Story »

Obama call for stimulus may complicate debt talks · South Florida Sun-Sentinel · 37 hours ago Explore Story »

Obama to Congress on debt talks: 'Get it done' · MSNBC · 45 hours ago Explore Story »

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:46 am
Extraordinary

GW Bush raised the debt ceiling 19 times in his Presidency. Never once was an issue made of it.

The ONLY reason the GOP is making this an issue now is because ... well, because they're a bunch of lying hypocrites. Seriously, can you come up with another rational reason?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

>>> The National Debt stood at $10.626 trillion the day Mr. Obama was inaugurated. The Bureau of Public Debt reported that the National Debt had hit an all time high of

14,344,433,700,892.41 or 14 TRILLION!

Well maybe some are saying enough is enough! Good for them!

I wish Obama would have thought about that before he kept on bring out new programs and problems that is heaping Trillions on the future generations!

Or do you not have any problem with the debt ceiling going higher and higher and higher????

Looking at how Obama is spending, maybe we should just raise it to 20 TRILLION to cover his next 5 Years?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:13 pm
Z

Goldie is back to the usual.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Seems like Argos and Groucho are both fine with the USA self destructing from the inside, based on horrible leadership and mismanagement.

PS. We can just charge everybody in the US, $50,000.00 per person to pay off the present debt or $2,000.00 to EVERY person in the world, to help pay off this debt.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:31 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Self destructing?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:33 pm
The Incredible Hulk

Truthfully, whatever as at least I can say I really don't care about getting Social Security or any other Government Assistance, down the Road. (God Bless the Good Times of the 1990s and Years of Work Experience.)

Can you say that for you and all of you that have kids, down the road?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:26 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I can not.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:46 pm
The Incredible Hulk

Chippy wrote:
I can not.

Of course Not, and that is why you should be watching Obama alot more carefully!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:58 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I will not. That is not my job.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:06 pm
Z

Watching alone is not enough, Grillie. You also have to understand.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Clinton to Obama: Stay strong over debt ceiling

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/07/03/ ... ostpopular

Aspen, Colorado (CNN) -- Former President Bill Clinton urged the Obama White House to remain steadfast over its pledge to increase the federal debt ceiling by August 2.

"This is the political equivalent of the government shutdown when I was president..." Clinton said.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:52 am
Extraordinary

When you have financial problems, the solution is two fold: increase your income and reduce your expenditures.

So long as the GOP refuses to increase income (through taxes on the super wealthy -- or even getting rid of tax loopholes that give billionaires and corporations unneeded breaks) then one has to ask who is causing the problem?

The refusal to negotiate over this point makes it clear that the GOP doesn't really care about the issue -- they just have to protect the fat cats who put them into office.

As political columnist David Brooks said today:

If the Republican Party were a normal party, it would take advantage of this amazing moment. It is being offered the deal of the century: trillions of dollars in spending cuts in exchange for a few hundred million dollars of revenue increases.

A normal Republican Party would seize the opportunity to put a long-term limit on the growth of government. It would seize the opportunity to put the country on a sound fiscal footing. It would seize the opportunity to do these things without putting any real crimp in economic growth.

The party is not being asked to raise marginal tax rates in a way that might pervert incentives. On the contrary, Republicans are merely being asked to close loopholes and eliminate tax expenditures that are themselves distortionary.

This, as I say, is the mother of all no-brainers.

But we can have no confidence that the Republicans will seize this opportunity. That’s because the Republican Party may no longer be a normal party. Over the past few years, it has been infected by a faction that is more of a psychological protest than a practical, governing alternative.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:44 pm
Profile WWW