Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Good News For Obama - Bush Attacks Him 
All Star Poster

Post Good News For Obama - Bush Attacks Him
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... Obama.html

Bush: "I certainly don't know what he believes in. The only foreign policy thing I remember he said was he's going to attack Pakistan and embrace Ahmadinejad."

Obama's response: "Barack Obama doesn't need any foreign policy advice from the architect of the worst foreign policy decision in a generation."

Hahaha. Pwned!!

Whether it's Hillary or Obama, Bush has effectively hobbled one of the few strengths Republicans ever had - foreign policy. They now have zero credibility on that issue and it's nice to see a Dem exploit it.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:31 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Re: Good News For Obama - Bush Attacks Him
Beeblebrox wrote:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0208/Bush_attacks_Obama.html

Bush: "I certainly don't know what he believes in. The only foreign policy thing I remember he said was he's going to attack Pakistan and embrace Ahmadinejad."

Obama's response: "Barack Obama doesn't need any foreign policy advice from the architect of the worst foreign policy decision in a generation."

Hahaha. Pwned!!

Whether it's Hillary or Obama, Bush has effectively hobbled one of the few strengths Republicans ever had - foreign policy. They now have zero credibility on that issue and it's nice to see a Dem exploit it.

Gee?? So Obama now refers to himself in the 3rd person?? How lame and like Bush or not(and I'm not a fan of Bush either) he does speak the truth.. Let's understand one another here folks: I think Obama is a Brilliant speaker but like it or not, he's still a damn Rookie and if we ever get into a war before this election or are attacked, he's done cause he has absolutely NO EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER and how anyone can simply gloss over this including the media and the Obama pimpers at this site is really questionable..

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:24 am
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Beeblebrox wrote:

Hahaha. Pwned!!

Beeble, I would hardly call that an attack. Bush was asked a question and Obama did say something along those lines.

Quote:
The Illinois senator warned Pakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf that he must do more to shut down terrorist operations in his country and evict foreign fighters under an Obama presidency, or Pakistan will risk a U.S. troop invasion and losing hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. military aid.

and
Quote:
Obama said he would be willing to meet leaders of rogue states like Cuba, North Korea and Iran without conditions, an idea that Clinton criticized as irresponsible and naive. Obama responded by using the same words to describe Clinton’s vote to authorize the Iraq war and called her “Bush-Cheney lite.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20070536/

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:41 am
Profile WWW

BKB of Solace wrote:

Gee?? So Obama now refers to himself in the 3rd person??

That was from an Obama spokesman named Bill Burton.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

KidRock69x wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:

Hahaha. Pwned!!

Beeble, I would hardly call that an attack. Bush was asked a question and Obama did say something along those lines.

Quote:
The Illinois senator warned Pakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf that he must do more to shut down terrorist operations in his country and evict foreign fighters under an Obama presidency, or Pakistan will risk a U.S. troop invasion and losing hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. military aid.

and
Quote:
Obama said he would be willing to meet leaders of rogue states like Cuba, North Korea and Iran without conditions, an idea that Clinton criticized as irresponsible and naive. Obama responded by using the same words to describe Clinton’s vote to authorize the Iraq war and called her “Bush-Cheney lite.”

And where in there does it say he will attack Pakistan and embrace Ahmadinejad?

What I read is that he said if Osama binLaden was in Pakistan and we knew it and Pakistan refused to help get him, then the US would go after him ourselves. Or are you against that? That is much different from just saying outright with no reason that we will invade. (And don't you find it funny that the guy who invaded Iraq for no reason now criticizes someone else for wanting to invade with a reason?)

I also read that Obama was willing to negotiate with our enemies, which hardly counts as an embrace. Bush's policy of pretending our enemies aren't there didn't work, of course, and he eventually negotiated with Il in Korea, but apparently he thinks that if anyone else does something like that, it's "embracing."

Sheesh.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Ahmedinejad is smaller than Khrushchev's left testicle. No big deal in meeting with the chap, methinks.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:53 pm
Commander and Chef

Groucho wrote:
KidRock69x wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:

Hahaha. Pwned!!

Quote:

and
Quote:

What I read is that he said if Osama binLaden was in Pakistan and we knew it and Pakistan refused to help get him, then the US would go after him ourselves. Or are you against that? That is much different from just saying outright with no reason that we will invade. (And don't you find it funny that the guy who invaded Iraq for no reason now criticizes someone else for wanting to invade with a reason?)

I also read that Obama was willing to negotiate with our enemies, which hardly counts as an embrace. Bush's policy of pretending our enemies aren't there didn't work, of course, and he eventually negotiated with Il in Korea, but apparently he thinks that if anyone else does something like that, it's "embracing."

Sheesh.

Pakistan has been helping them for years trying to find them. Obama's comments were more 'they need to do more', which they, obviously can't with all the other stuff they need to concern themselves with.

i'm slightly hesitant about Obama's plans though. US just taking action on foreign soil in an area that is already so unstable, has such a huge army could be extremely counter productive for many nations, even if it doesn't effect the US directly.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I'm Not Loyal wrote:
i'm slightly hesitant about Obama's plans though. US just taking action on foreign soil in an area that is already so unstable, has such a huge army could be extremely counter productive for many nations, even if it doesn't effect the US directly.

Well, I agree, but it is a very tenative plan. There are a couple of big "ifs" there. IF we know for sure where binLaden is, and IF Pakistan refuses to help us get him, then we will go into that area, get binLaden, and get out. It's not like he said he planned to overthrow the Pakistani government or something (which Bush apparently has no problem doing in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran).

Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:30 pm
Profile WWW

Groucho wrote:
I'm Not Loyal wrote:

Well, I agree, but it is a very tenative plan. There are a couple of big "ifs" there. IF we know for sure where binLaden is, and IF Pakistan refuses to help us get him, then we will go into that area, get binLaden, and get out. It's not like he said he planned to overthrow the Pakistani government or something (which Bush apparently has no problem doing in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran).

Yes, given all those "if"s, it is qualitatively similar to a statement of "I reserve right to action as commander in chief." Frankness in foreign policy, especially on Cuba, is good but may hurt in election dialogue.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:33 pm
All Star Poster

KidRock69x wrote:

No, Bush was asked a question and then gave a stupid lie as his answer. Second, for Bush to try to criticize anyone over foreign policy would be like Rush Limbaugh criticizing someone over their illicit drug use (which, of course, he does).

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Groucho wrote:

Sheesh.

Nuance. Not exactly the right-wing's forté.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Groucho wrote:
I'm Not Loyal wrote:

I think most people are quite confident hes there.
I don't think Pakistan has ever disagreed to not help.

I think the issue will become the level fof cooperation and sadly, I don't think the country would be able to provide it and isn't out of choice, even if deep down inside, they don't want to.

Ofcourse, at that time, the issue becomes .... allow another country to conduct business in your soverign state, which any country out there, would be uncomfortable with.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I'm Not Loyal wrote:
I think most people are quite confident hes there. I don't think Pakistan has ever disagreed to not help.

I agree.

Understand that Obama's comments were not just off the cuff statements he made. He was specifically asked "IF you knew exactly where binLaden was and IF Pakistan refused to help, would you send troops?" He answered yes (as would, I would guess, most Americans including most Republicans).

Now Bush is once more lying and telling people that Obama would unilaterally attack the government of Pakistan and hug all our enemies.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:06 pm
Profile WWW

Groucho wrote:

Sheesh.

Well, pretty much all of our "experts" conclude that Bin Laden is somewhere in the "tribal region" of Pakistan. Obviously we do not have bin Laden in our hands, nor presumably to the Pakistani's, so one could conclude that Obama would attack Pakistan if he gains the presidency.

I would oppose going into Pakistan, without Pakistani approval, to capture a single person.

I was under the impression that Bush did invade Iraq for a reason. Many of them have been dispelled since, but he did have reasons. Nuclear weapons, free Iraqi's, terrorist sponsor, destabilizing force on world oil prices, etc.

What enemies did Bush pretend weren't there? He invaded two countries. He has engaged, as you admitted, in talks with North Korea. He negotiates with China and Russia (who some consider our enemies).

Furthermore, the U.S. has negotiated with Iran re: Iraq security. I think Bush's criticism regarding them was a bit cavalier, but nonetheless Obama did say he would negotiate with them as well.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

KidRock69x wrote:
Groucho wrote:

Sheesh.

Well, pretty much all of our "experts" conclude that Bin Laden is somewhere in the "tribal region" of Pakistan. Obviously we do not have bin Laden in our hands, nor presumably to the Pakistani's, so one could conclude that Obama would attack Pakistan if he gains the presidency.

I would oppose going into Pakistan, without Pakistani approval, to capture a single person.

I was under the impression that Bush did invade Iraq for a reason. Many of them have been dispelled since, but he did have reasons. Nuclear weapons, free Iraqi's, terrorist sponsor, destabilizing force on world oil prices, etc.

What enemies did Bush pretend weren't there? He invaded two countries. He has engaged, as you admitted, in talks with North Korea. He negotiates with China and Russia (who some consider our enemies).

Furthermore, the U.S. has negotiated with Iran re: Iraq security. I think Bush's criticism regarding them was a bit cavalier, but nonetheless Obama did say he would negotiate with them as well.

Bull crap he basically blamed Iraq for 9-11, tried to say Al Quaida was there and other crap. We had flimsily reasons for going into Iraq and we would have better served to use diplomacy which we hardly did.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

KidRock69x wrote:
. I think Bush's criticism regarding them was a bit cavalier, but nonetheless Obama did say he would negotiate with them as well.

So then what right does Bush have to criticize Obama for doing the same thing?

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Um, I'm pretty sure Beeble's joke was that: Regardless of what Obama says he will or will not do as far as foreign diplomacy when he is president, Bush doesn't exactly have the kind of record behind him that validates a lick of what Bush says is the "proper" way to handle foreign affairs...

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:03 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

dolcevita wrote:
Um, I'm pretty sure Beeble's joke was that: Regardless of what Obama says he will or will not do as far as foreign diplomacy when he is president, Bush doesn't exactly have the kind of record behind him that validates a lick of what Bush says is the "proper" way to handle foreign affairs...

Well... he is the PRESIDENT. But it's not like that counts :roll:

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:07 pm
The French Dutch Boy

Terrific ownage of Bush by the Obama camp. That was said so very well, haha. Brilliant.

Peace,
Mike

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:44 pm

Munk·E wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

lame adj - crippled or physically disabled
duck n - any of numerous wild or domesticated web-footed swimming birds of the family Anatidae, esp. of the genus Anas and allied genera, characterized by abroad, flat bill, short legs, and depressed body.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:12 pm

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
KidRock69x wrote:

Bull crap he basically blamed Iraq for 9-11, tried to say Al Quaida was there and other crap. We had flimsily reasons for going into Iraq and we would have better served to use diplomacy which we hardly did.

Besides maybe the "other crap" what exactly, in my previous statement, conflicts with what you just wrote? I never made a value judgment regarding his reasons, I just said he had reasons.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:39 pm
Profile WWW

I supported the war in Iraq and now wholeheartedly regret it, for being bamboozled by false intelligence regarding WMDs. Heh, maybe I should support Hillary due to that shared weakness. :funny: But then again, I prefer a leader with better judgment than myself. I'd have read the resolution if someone gave me a copy. :shades:

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:58 pm
The French Dutch Boy

Angela Merkel wrote:
I supported the war in Iraq and now wholeheartedly regret it, for being bamboozled by false intelligence regarding WMDs. Heh, maybe I should support Hillary due to that shared weakness. :funny: But then again, I prefer a leader with better judgment than myself. I'd have read the resolution if someone gave me a copy. :shades:

Hito (or what on earth do you like to be called nowadays? Heh), I just want to go on record as saying that I have enjoyed you a lot the past couple days now. You still express your political opinion and nail Hillary on what you don't like about her and the mistakes you think she makes in a very smart way, without resorting to what I view as general bashing that I saw before that just really turns me off. I mean this as a compliment.

I assume this was a distinct change you've made (or maybe I'm wrong), and I'm sure some others on this site disagree with me and think Hillary deserves to just be bashed and bashed, but thank you. I appreciate it.

I also thank Groucho for being another terrific political talker and debater who calmly outwits his competitors by using smarts and facts. I can thoroughly enjoy reading his opinions, even if I don't agree with them! I love that.

I just wanted to be able to say that.

Peace,
Mike

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:15 am

Thanks, Mike.

Groucho indeed is a hoot. I elect to drink beer with the chap.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:32 am
All Star Poster

Munk·E wrote:

When Obama or Hillary is president, I'm sure you'll be just as deferential to the office. :roll:

And no, it doesn't count for much when the PRESIDENT in question has been responsible for the most disastrous foreign policy blunders of any US president.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next