Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 PRESIDENT OBAMA 
Extraordinary

Post PRESIDENT OBAMA
OMFG can you guys imagine how DIFFERENT things will be??? :whaa: :D

GODIHATEBUSH. I have never been so anxious for January to arrive. :tears:

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:53 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Post Re: PRESIDENT OBAMA
I've got a widget in Dashboard that counts down the days to the end of the Bush regime. 70% of the country are ready to get rid of this idiot.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

It will take decades to clean after those scumbags.

Isn't there any way to charge them with something? They have very clearly committed crimes against humanity, and they very clearly broke the laws of your country.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Box wrote:
OMFG can you guys imagine how DIFFERENT things will be??? :whaa: :D

GODIHATEBUSH. I have never been so anxious for January to arrive. :tears:

Quote:
We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now the parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/ ... 77002E72F9

Same goes for Clinton. They'll both be better, but it won't be that much different. Enough to vote against McCain.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:07 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Box wrote:
It will take decades to clean after those scumbags.

Isn't there any way to charge them with something? They have very clearly committed crimes against humanity, and they very clearly broke the laws of your country.

If we had politicians willing to do what they are entrusted to do by the people. However, they serve their own masters the corporations that run Washington politics.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:08 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

My point is, mdana, that Bush will not be in the office any longer. No Cheney, no Rice, none of those people. That's change enough for me now. :tears:

MadGez wrote:

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:09 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Box wrote:
My point is, mdana, that Bush will not be in the office any longer. No Cheney, no Rice, none of those people. That's change enough for me now. :tears:

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but the reason we had the whole Bush fiasco, was that we didn't do anything in Watergate. We didn't impeach and put Nixon in jail and many of the others. The Rumsfelds, Buchanons, Cheneys, and Roves just got to continue doing the same thing. I mean a few went to jail, but the lesson many learned was just be smarter and more ruthless. You can get away with more than Nixon was able.

Thet both will be much better than Bush with better appointments, but I think Iraq is not going change much. Which will be necessary to repair our economy and world opinion. I hope I am wrong, I often am. :thumbsup:

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:15 am
Profile WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

here's your "president"

Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin stand during the national anthem.
Barack Hussein Obama's photo (that's his real name)......the article said he REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HAND ON
HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE.....
how in the hell can a man like this expect to be our next Commander-in-Chief????

no idea where this was started so no link. and the caption is not mine. discuss.

Last edited by Mr. Reynolds on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:15 am
Veteran

No Country for Sam wrote:
here's your "president"

Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin stand during the national anthem.
Barack Hussein Obama's photo (that's his real name)......the article said he REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HAND ON
how in the hell can a man like this expect to be our next Commander-in-Chief????

This is actually one of the things I like about Obama. Probably won't help him in the GE, though.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:44 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

mdana wrote:
here's your "president"

This is actually one of the things I like about Obama. Probably won't help him in the GE, though.

The guy's a freaking ROOKIE, Untried and unproven.. The only reason the young generation is voting for this guy is because it's the so called "Cool Hip thing to do" much like comparing him to the cool Apple IPHone to Hillary Clinton's AOL.. Too bad the media is afraid to point out this guy's flaws but goddamn if they have there critical heads up Clinton's asshole.. I'm sorry but I am turned off by this whole thing at the moment.. When Snoop Dog has a video out for Obama as well as Stevie Wonder, I'm inclined to be "Undecided" in the General Election..

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

There are hundreds of pictures of him saluting the flag. This one was apparently taken just before or just after he finished saying the pledge, and no one is certain. Surely had he refused to say the pledge at this meeting, it would have been a big issue, but it only came up much later after someone realized that the picture looked bad.

The Urban Legends page addresses this:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

And Obama addressed it in one of the debates (a clip of which is on the page above cited).

That's the best you can do? What a crock.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

BKB of Solace wrote:
When Snoop Dog has a video out for Obama as well as Stevie Wonder, I'm inclined to be "Undecided" in the General Election..[/b]

watch it, BKB -- your hood is slipping.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

here's your "president"

which one was it because not putting your hand over your heart on the national anthem is not a big deal at all. Most people don't. I fold my hands like he does for the national anthem.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:38 pm
Extraordinary

here's your "president"

WTF?

You're joking right? You don't actually think this one picture would make me think that Obama would be less of a president, right?

IF ANYTHING, this makes me like him even MORE. I'd love to see politicians who acknowledge patriotism to be the domain of cowards, thieves, and liars.

MadGez wrote:

Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

The last thing we need is people like BOX voting for president.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:05 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

lol um, sorry, box, that I believe in respect for one's country. Despite this country's many flaws, I salute the flag when required.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:00 pm
Extraordinary

lol um, sorry, box, that I believe in respect for one's country. Despite this country's many flaws, I salute the flag when required.

As does Obama.

Let's see -- we have thousands of examples of him doing this, and he has led the Congress in the pledge, and there is no film of him not doing this when it happened.

Oh yeah, and then there is one picture which apparently shows him just before or just after a pledge not being in position, and no witnesses from this particular event ever testifying that he didn't pledge, no film from the event, and no news articles at the time making mention of what certainly would have been a major news story.

But hey, if you have respect for America but not for Americans, I can see why you can smear an honorable patriotic person like Obama for your own selfish means.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

it scares me to hear some of the comments in this forum about some people's reasoning and attacks on people on criterias such as placing one's hand over their heart and shit like that. seriously, you're not picking your next american idol who needs to look charming and shit. you're picking your next president whose out there to do good for your country, not give the impression that hes just nice.

seriously ....

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Kypade

You didn't address the part about the caption saying it's during the national anthem, or the part about there being an entire snopes page dedicated to disproving the idea that Obama's hates America. Or the fact that this Richardson fella is staring at the camera like he's blind.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:06 pm
Extraordinary

kypade wrote:
You didn't address the part about the caption saying it's during the national anthem, or the part about there being an entire snopes page dedicated to disproving the idea that Obama's hates America. Or the fact that this Richardson fella is staring at the camera like he's blind.

Who wrote the caption? Where is the link? Where is the proof?

If I could read a newspaper article written at the event with witnesses saying that he didn't pledge when everyone else did, maybe it would carry some weight. As it is, I see someone who found a picture that looks bad assuming the worst and smearing a US Senator about something that probably never happened.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

here's your "president"

Oh Sam :disgust:

I am seriously getting tired of this crap. It's kinda childish. As someone who likes both Obama and Clinton I am more disgusted by some of the supporters than anything either candidate has done so far. This seems to be particularly bad on this site. For what it's worth I think Obama supporters tend to be particularly bad but, ultimately it doesn't matter who's worse.

This is a historic moment in politics. It's exciting and for the first time I actually looked forward to getting in on the discussions here (I normally avoid debates/politics on KJ precisely because I know how it usually ends...). That's not really the case the past few weeks. I come on here and the only thing on my mind is how pathetic these "discussions" have turned out. Eh.

Best Actress 2008

Last edited by Rod on Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Patriotism has nothing to do with respect for one's country, and these highly contrived patriotic gestures have even less to do with it.

MadGez wrote:

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Box wrote:

Patriotism has nothing to do with respect for one's country, and these highly contrived patriotic gestures have even less to do with it.

Some might say that being patriotic as opposed to just respecting your country, may be going down a dangerous slope.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Box wrote:

Precisely. And it's refreshing to see a liberal that actually wants Americans to feel good about their country.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:14 pm
Kypade

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Obama_doe ... _1022.html
One time, 5 months ago, during a terrible singing of the national anthem, Barack Obama didn't have his hand over his heart. Terrorist!

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next