Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 McCain booed at CPAC 
All Star Poster

Post McCain booed at CPAC
The movement conservatives REALLY don't like this guy. Mostly it's immigration where, ironically, McCain is on the side of Bush and Reagan.

Frankly, being booed by these nuts should be a badge of honor. What does it say about these crazies if John McCain is considered too LIBERAL for them.

[youtube2]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lf2Sekjex7I[/youtube2]

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: McCain booed at CPAC
He refused to speak to them last year, and he probably should have done so this year too. He had a lot more support from the moderates when he stood up to these crazies and called them "agents of intolerance" which they most certainly are.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

McCain is too liberal in somethings but he's got the best shot of beating a democrat, so i'm supporting him even though i disagree with him on a couple things.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:18 pm
Extraordinary

Jim Halpert wrote:
McCain is too liberal in somethings but he's got the best shot of beating a democrat, so i'm supporting him even though i disagree with him on a couple things.

The man has an 85% approval rating from independent conservative groups, and you think he's too liberal? :roll:

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

Groucho wrote:
Jim Halpert wrote:

The man has an 85% approval rating from independent conservative groups, and you think he's too liberal? :roll:

voted against tax cuts,
for amnesty for illegal immigrants

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:28 pm
Extraordinary

Jim Halpert wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Jim Halpert wrote:

voted against tax cuts,

You mean like Reagain did?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

he comes across as a senile old man. if he debates one on one with obama he will get raped. dont matter what he says, Obamas comes across to honest and well meaning while mccain is just like bush.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:30 pm
Stanley Cup

Groucho wrote:
Jim Halpert wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Jim Halpert wrote:

voted against tax cuts,

reagan cut the income tax and he made it illegal to hire illegal immigrants

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:32 pm
Extraordinary

Groucho wrote:
He refused to speak to them last year, and he probably should have done so this year too. He had a lot more support from the moderates when he stood up to these crazies and called them "agents of intolerance" which they most certainly are.

That's a dangerous interpretation he used which was wrong. People can have their beliefs if that's how their religion states it. At this point, McCain is being/should be booed at any Republican rally simply because he isn't one and has shown he could care less what types of ideals and principles represent the majority of the republican party. I really don't want a Hillary Clone being the Republican nominee and I think it would cause a fracture that will take time to heal if he is the choice.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:33 pm
Extraordinary

Jim Halpert wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Jim Halpert wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Jim Halpert wrote:

voted against tax cuts,

No, actually, later he raised taxes when it was clear that he had to and he supported amnesty for illegal aliens, which is what you said earlier (a different issue than "making it illegal to hire" them).

The problem is that the Republican party has tilted so far to the right that they think it's the center. We have seen what crazy right wing idelogy has done to the country over the past 8 years. Maybe we need some more moderate Republicans who won't steer the US into the gutter like the current right wing nuts have done.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

nghtvsn wrote:

That's a dangerous interpretation he used which was wrong. People can have their beliefs if that's how their religion states it. At this point, McCain is being/should be booed at any Republican rally simply because he isn't one and has shown he could care less what types of ideals and principles represent the majority of the republican party. I really don't want a Hillary Clone being the Republican nominee and I think it would cause a fracture that will take time to heal if he is the choice.

Really? The majority of the republican party are represented by those radical right wing nuts who booed McCain?

Then why are the majority of Republicans voting for McCain in huge numbers?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

McCain believes in the Global Warming theory and is salivating at the carbon Tax idea.
McCain has been pro gun control.
McCain has been for stem cell research on embryos.
McCain has been for amnesty for illegals.
McCain has been against the Bush tax cuts.
McCain helped craft McCain-Feingold.
McCain thinks Hillary would make a great president.
McCain is all to willing to work with Ted Kennedy.

Just a few reasons why conservatives and true republicans deplore him.

#MAGA #KAG!

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:36 pm
Stanley Cup

nghtvsn wrote:
McCain believes in the Global Warming theory and is salivating at the carbon Tax idea.

well global warming is kind of true

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:38 pm
Extraordinary

Groucho wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:

Really? The majority of the republican party are represented by those radical right wing nuts who booed McCain?

How should I know? Maybe they are stupid, maybe they think he can beat Hillary (which I'm doubting), maybe they really distrust Romney, who knows... All I know is that people that call themselves Republicans that are voting for him are turning their heads at multiples issues they would have with a person like him if they had a D next to their name. Tom Coburn, a staunch conservative replubican senator from OK, even endorsed him notwithstanding the many disagreements he has with him. He did it mainly because he thinks he can win. It was sickening.

#MAGA #KAG!

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Stanley Cup

nghtvsn wrote:
Groucho wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:

How should I know? Maybe they are stupid, maybe they think he can beat Hillary (which I'm doubting), maybe they really distrust Romney, who knows... All I know is that people that call themselves Republicans that are voting for him are turning their heads at multiples issues they would have with a person like him if they had a D next to their name. Tom Coburn, a staunch conservative replubican senator from OK, even endorsed him notwithstanding the many disagreements he has with him. He did it mainly because he thinks he can win. It was sickening.

i'd rather have a barely republican win then any democrat. simple fact is that a hard right can't win this election. We have to go moderate if we want a chance

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:42 pm
Extraordinary

Jim Halpert wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:

well global warming is kind of true

Of course global warming is true, when I reference that I'm speaking as to the cause and if we can actually have an effect against it. That's where the phony carbon tax idea enters. The only reason people are entertaining the idea is because they think something can actually done to reverse a natural phenomenon.

#MAGA #KAG!

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Rally behind Huckabee conservatives!

To me, it actually looks like Huckabee is gaining ALOT of momentum, an abnormal amount.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

Corpse wrote:

To me, it actually looks like Huckabee is gaining ALOT of momentum, an abnormal amount.

as everyone knows i'm a huck supporter, but he's done. hopefully he gets the vp.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:45 pm
All Star Poster

Jim Halpert wrote:

Reagan cut taxes for the rich and raised taxes for the poor. He also granted amnesty to illegal aliens in a plan almost identical to McCains, which is almost identical to Bush's.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Funny you bring this up. Earlier today, I got pulled over by a policeman that was so conservative he considers Bush too liberal (we're talking rural, state-highway Texas here). After five minutes of cordial conversation, he stated he would consider voting Obama over McCain, and tore up my ticket in sympathy. He also said "Clinton turns my stomach."

What are conservative activists to do though? They have the choice of backing McCain... or not backing McCain. Besides, Reagan also had a similarly "heretical" view on immigration.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:50 pm
All Star Poster

nghtvsn wrote:
Of course global warming is true, when I reference that I'm speaking as to the cause and if we can actually have an effect against it. That's where the phony carbon tax idea enters. The only reason people are entertaining the idea is because they think something can actually done to reverse a natural phenomenon.

It's not a "natural" phenomenon. It's either caused or exacerbated by humans. And that being the case, certainly we can do something about it.

Unless of course we get another anti-science Republican in office, which, thankfully, McCain is not.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Corpse wrote:
[color=#FF0000][b]Rally behind Huckabee conservatives!

Yes, please do!

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Jim Halpert wrote:
Corpse wrote:

as everyone knows i'm a huck supporter, but he's done. hopefully he gets the vp.

I wouldn't say he's finished. If the conservatives rally behind a nominee finally, being Huckabee in this case, and the momentum he received from Super Tuesday (he has had more coverage than McCain) carry to the next primaries, and he upsets McCain in them, and gains even more momentum, it could get very interesting. Though I do think it's too late, but....it's still possible, very slim chance, but there is a chance.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Corpse wrote:
Jim Halpert wrote:
Corpse wrote:

I wouldn't say he's finished. If the conservatives rally behind a nominee finally, being Huckabee in this case, and the momentum he received from Super Tuesday (he has had more coverage than McCain) carry to the next primaries, and he upsets McCain in them, and gains even more momentum, it could get very interesting. Though I do think it's too late, but....it's still possible, very slim chance, but there is a chance.

Huckabee's presence would continue to complicate McCain's relationship with conservatives, chances or not.
Quote:
Unless of course we get another anti-science Republican in office, which, thankfully, McCain is not.

That is McCain's strongest suit. He is an obviously intelligent man, unlike some others.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:58 pm
Extraordinary

Angela Merkel wrote:
Funny you bring this up. Earlier today, I got pulled over by a policeman that was so conservative he considers Bush too liberal (we're talking rural, state-highway Texas here). After five minutes of cordial conversation, he stated he would consider voting Obama over McCain, and tore up my ticket in sympathy. He also said "Clinton turns my stomach."

What are conservative activists to do though? They have the choice of backing McCain... or not backing McCain. Besides, Reagan also had a similarly "heretical" view on immigration.

Interesting meetup with the officer. I agree with his point that bush is liberal. The core issues other than being pro-life he veers from. He has shown himself to be a pro-open border, gun controlling, and big government spender. I like the question he asked because I actually would probably vote Obama now simply due to the fact that he would be actual change even though I can disagree with him on some of his policies I believe him when he says he'll begin withdrawing from Iraq and that he represents something new and not a continuation of the Clinton regime and Clinton 2.0 (McCain).

I was also listening to Savage on my drive home and he was saying how he wasn't a McCain hater (idk why) then boasted he took down the amnesty bill (haha) and then stated that the Party was in flux and us voters need to be flexible with McCain and how the party is changing otherwise the Party will really head downhill. He also said that those thinking of not voting for McCain were suicide voters. Ugh.

#MAGA #KAG!

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next