Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Huckabee's coming to my college 
---------

Post Huckabee's coming to my college
VERY surprising and quick news here at my college, MidAmerica Nazarene University. Mike Huckabee is going to speak tomorrow here at 8 AM, I'm gonna try to skip class and make it just to see what he has to say. Kinda surprised he's coming here, as only about 1,500 people go here.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:59 pm
Stanley Cup

Post Re: Huckabee's coming to my college
i highly recommend going and listen to him speak. It's a fun listen.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:32 pm
Extraordinary

The man has a sense of humor and can produce laughs during a speech, that's for sure.

If there is a question and answer period, ask him to explain to all the biology students there why the world is only 6,000 years old and how dinosaurs were on earth the same time as humans.

His answer ought to get a big laugh from the audience.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Groucho wrote:
The man has a sense of humor and can produce laughs during a speech, that's for sure.

If there is a question and answer period, ask him to explain to all the biology students there why the world is only 6,000 years old and how dinosaurs were on earth the same time as humans.

He wouldn't answer. He'd say something like,

"Well, that is a good question, but I think that education comes from the local level. Where parents like to have control over their education and can better interact then at the federal level. Going into the future, in order to compete in the global economy, science will be important and that is why I support giving more local control to parents."

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
---------

YES, class is officially cancelled now. 8 AM sharp for this so-called "rally". Not so excited now lol. He wouldn't be my first pick for president, but he ain't bad.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:13 pm
Extraordinary

MG Casey wrote:
YES, class is officially cancelled now. 8 AM sharp for this so-called "rally". Not so excited now lol. He wouldn't be my first pick for president, but he ain't bad.

:grrr:

What a sad state for our educational system when people who deny science are considered good leaders.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

maybe hell whip out his guitar

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:31 pm
Extraordinary

KidRock69x wrote:
Groucho wrote:

He wouldn't answer. He'd say something like,

"Well, that is a good question, but I think that education comes from the local level. Where parents like to have control over their education and can better interact then at the federal level. Going into the future, in order to compete in the global economy, science will be important and that is why I support giving more local control to parents."

Impressive answer.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:44 pm
All Star Poster

nghtvsn wrote:
KidRock69x wrote:

Impressive answer.

Yes, impressive that can one fit so much bullshit into so few words. It's a stock political dodge, and Huckabee has answered similarly to the question before, since actually admitting that he rejects all known science probably isn't the best strategy.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
---------

Well, he is definitely a very good speaker. I had to sit in an overflow room even though my dorm was RIGHT next to the building where was going, it was that packed that quickly. His plane got delayed 45 minutes, so they showed videos of him on Colbert and Leno til he got there lol. He made his campaign points clear - no income tax, no IRS, less pressure on small businesses, and no abortion. I was surprised he didn't touch on the marriage amendment thing, he might not be as devoted to doing that I as thought. He talked a little about the war, and how political leaders shouldn't be a part of small decisions that take place there. Huckabee talked about securing the border and made the analogy of someone coming into your home. If they knock and ask to come in, you can gladly do that, but if they come in the middle of the nite and break in you're not so happy. He did not talk about the current immigrants here in the US though.

But overall I liked him. He's a very competent guy. My big 3 issues for me are no abortion, secure border but grant immigrants citizenship, and allow civil unions. No candidate's really got that in this race.

Funny point, Huckabee was the 44th governor of Arkansas and could be the 44th president of the US.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:37 am
je vois l'avenir

MG Casey wrote:
Well, he is definitely a very good speaker. I had to sit in an overflow room even though my dorm was RIGHT next to the building where was going, it was that packed that quickly. His plane got delayed 45 minutes, so they showed videos of him on Colbert and Leno til he got there lol. He made his campaign points clear - no income tax, no IRS, less pressure on small businesses, and no abortion. I was surprised he didn't touch on the marriage amendment thing, he might not be as devoted to doing that I as thought. He talked a little about the war, and how political leaders shouldn't be a part of small decisions that take place there. Huckabee talked about securing the border and made the analogy of someone coming into your home. If they knock and ask to come in, you can gladly do that, but if they come in the middle of the nite and break in you're not so happy. He did not talk about the current immigrants here in the US though.

But overall I liked him. He's a very competent guy. My big 3 issues for me are no abortion, secure border but grant immigrants citizenship, and allow civil unions. No candidate's really got that in this race.

Funny point, Huckabee was the 44th governor of Arkansas and could be the 44th president of the US.

If Huckabee is the 44th president, I am moving to Canada immediately.

----Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince)

A Lonely Person is at Home Everywhere.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:22 pm
Extraordinary

Was chuck norris there too?

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:54 pm
---------

nghtvsn wrote:
Was chuck norris there too?

Sadly no. We were all kinda expecting him to bust in unexpectantly.

Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]