Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Romney dropping out 
Extraordinary

Post Romney dropping out
Well I am not surprised at this
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02 ... index.html
So does this Hucklebee a chance?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Romney dropping out
God I hope not. Huckabee scares me.

On one hand, I think Huckabee would be a lot easier to beat. On the other, I don't want even a slight chance of that nutu becoming President.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Hucklebee wouldn't win in the northeast, midwest or out west. I think the democrats would win in a landslide.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
The Original

Groucho wrote:

Mc Cain picking him as VP scares me too!

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:47 pm
You must have big rats

Hmm, Huckabee would have zero chance at winning. He won't have a chance, though. It'll clearly be McCain vs. Obama or Clinton. Hopefully vs. Obama...

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

FILMO wrote:
Groucho wrote:

Mc Cain picking him as VP scares me too!

That's the most likely scenario that scares me, having him a heart attack (of someone 71 years old) away to become the president.

He will also make McCain impeachment-free.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hey....the conservatives have been splitting up their votes among Romney/McCain/Huckabee. Now, just maybe, they will rally behind Huckabee since they hate McCain? Though, I think it's too late. I'd rather see Huckabee win though. And who knows, perhaps his Super Tuesday performace will give him a major boost.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Bye, Rom. It's been fun. Hope your riches really took a hit.

I'd love to see McCain flub (another "agents of intolerance" moment or something), sending conservatives and ex-Romney supporters to Huckabee. But yeah, it's too late.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Stanley Cup

huck will probably drop out soon. Romney did the smart thing, we need to unite the party behind mccain if we want to win.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:32 pm
Sbil

Gah.

Can we just make the Republicans go away? If only for this election?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:53 pm
Extraordinary

Huckabee really scares me.

If I had to choose the candidate I would like to hang out with, he may do well, because we could play music and joke. The man has a great sense of humor.

But that doesn't mean I want him anywhere near the Oval Office. This neanderthal thinks the world is 6000 years old, that women should be subservient to men, and that the Constitution should be changed so that it aligned with the Bible.

Even most conservatives should be scared of that kind of thinking.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

I cast my ballot today around 9. Right when the Romney rumors started circulating, I dropped my ballot into the mail. I wish I could do it over and vote Ron Paul...though obviously that would be a throwaway vote just as much as voting Romney was.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Corpse wrote:
Hey....the conservatives have been splitting up their votes among Romney/McCain/Huckabee. Now, just maybe, they will rally behind Huckabee since they hate McCain? Though, I think it's too late. I'd rather see Huckabee win though. And who knows, perhaps his Super Tuesday performace will give him a major boost.

I agree with this too. The more I think about McCain the less I see him being able to beat either democrat and his nomination would be terrible for the party going forward. If ever there was a wolf in sheeps clothing he is certainly it. I'm not a huge fan of the Huckster but I think if Romney endorsed him then maybe that would help or maybe something radical will happen come convention time because I'm kind of at the point to not even voting for McCain.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:08 pm
life begins now

Libs wrote:
Gah.

Only this election?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:11 pm
Profile YIM
---------

Kinda depressing if you figure how much Romney spent on this election. I heard a news article saying something to the like of if he continued to spend as much as he does now til actual Election Day, it would be billions lol.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:15 pm
College Boy T

This is horrible news.

I fear McCain more than Huckabee; Democratic Congress won't work with Huckabee.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:30 pm
All Star Poster

MG Casey wrote:
Kinda depressing if you figure how much Romney spent on this election.

Which is of course the real reason he dropped out - he ran out of money and wasn't going to win anyway. The idea that he did it for the unity of the party is just one last mountain of nonsense from the Romney camp.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Chris wrote:
Libs wrote:
Gah.

Only this election?

Yeah, actually, the system works best with two equal parties, neither of which is too far to the right or the left.

Hopefully, a huge loss will encourage the Republicans to kick out all the far right fundamentalists and neo-cons and go back to the moderate conservatism they used to stand for.

Seriously, I'm a democrat, but I don't like one party control. I have no problem with moderate Republicans (like Romney used to be, and like what McCain was too before he started courting the crazies) who can work with the other party to get things done.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Beeblebrox wrote:
MG Casey wrote:
Kinda depressing if you figure how much Romney spent on this election.

Which is of course the real reason he dropped out - he ran out of money and wasn't going to win anyway. The idea that he did it for the unity of the party is just one last mountain of nonsense from the Romney camp.

Yeah, he couldn't leave without at least one more huge lie.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Groucho wrote:
Chris wrote:
Libs wrote:
Gah.

Only this election?

Yeah, actually, the system works best with two equal parties, neither of which is too far to the right or the left.

Hopefully, a huge loss will encourage the Republicans to kick out all the far right fundamentalists and neo-cons and go back to the moderate conservatism they used to stand for.
Seriously, I'm a democrat, but I don't like one party control. I have no problem with moderate Republicans (like Romney used to be, and like what McCain was too before he started courting the crazies) who can work with the other party to get things done.

How can that happen when at this point it seems a fake republican is going to be the damn nominee only to lose in the general? I'd rather we lose with a Huckabee or Romney than a Rhino!

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:27 pm
Extraordinary

nghtvsn wrote:
Groucho wrote:
Chris wrote:
Libs wrote:
Gah.

Only this election?

How can that happen when at this point it seems a fake republican is going to be the damn nominee only to lose in the general? I'd rather we lose with a Huckabee or Romney than a Rhino!

Whoooosh!

That was my impression of my point completely going over nightvision's head, as he sits there not realizing that I was talking about people like him.

Thank you, thank you! Be sure to tip your waitress.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

Groucho wrote:
Chris wrote:
Libs wrote:
Gah.

Only this election?

Oh I totally agree as well and was joking. Of course the country works better with a little checks and balances/compromise between differing viewpoints. It will be nice to get some of that with our next president.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:36 pm
Profile YIM
All Star Poster

Groucho wrote:

This is one of the reasons why I lean toward McCain in a McCain vs Hillary contest. We get a Republican president who, while conservative, is not above working with Dems to get things done. And we get to see the movement conservatives and the evangelical right marginalized.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Anyone know if anybody's actually dug up how much he spent?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Dkmuto wrote:
Anyone know if anybody's actually dug up how much he spent?

That'd be interesting. And I'd be willing to bet he has spent more tham all the REP candidates combined.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next