Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Men presidents only 
Teenage Dream

Post Men presidents only
This kind of makes me want to die.

Via Feminsting:

Quote:
Men presidents only

I think that having a woman president would be a bad idea for our country. Women are not meant to rule countries and be in charge. They are meant to make decisions but not confirm them.

Our president deals with some countries that don't respect or allow women in leadership positions. I wonder if the United States would have more terrorist attacks because we would be seen as weak with a woman leader. I agree that women can do many things, but leave the ruling of the countries to the men.

BRITTANY BAYLES, 13, Kennewick

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/965/story/80020.html

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:51 pm
Draughty

Post Re: Men presidents only
Eh she's 13. At that age your typical kid just parrots their parents beliefs. She'll likely have a different worldview at 25. It doesn't really bother me. Hillary was for Goldwater when she was young, people change.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Archie Gates wrote:
Eh she's 13.

I dunno, I'd argue that is the most depressing aspect of it. It's sad to see youthful idealism sapped due to, as you said, a likely case of parental parroting. Especially when the parents are colossal ass-hats.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:59 pm
The 5th B-Sharp

She is only 13 but then again because of that she most likely has the view of her bigoted parents and its sad that's what they are imprinting upon her.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:11 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Jesus, a woman can make a decision about the country as well as any Man could with the help of advisors of course which is how Bush has made it all this time..

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Fortunately most people these days disagree with this 13 year old's position.

Somehow women have been able to lead Great Britian, Israel, India, the Phillipines, Ireland, Argentina, Iceland, Finland, Chile, and many other countries and have seemed to have done just fine.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

makeshift wrote:
This kind of makes me want to die.

Via Feminsting:

Quote:
Men presidents only

I think that having a woman president would be a bad idea for our country. Women are not meant to rule countries and be in charge. They are meant to make decisions but not confirm them.

Our president deals with some countries that don't respect or allow women in leadership positions. I wonder if the United States would have more terrorist attacks because we would be seen as weak with a woman leader. I agree that women can do many things, but leave the ruling of the countries to the men.

BRITTANY BAYLES, 13, Kennewick

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/965/story/80020.html

Holy shit, that's my hometown newspaper. Crazy.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

Groucho wrote:

Somehow women have been able to lead Great Britian, Israel, India, the Phillipines, Ireland, Argentina, Iceland, Finland, Chile, and many other countries and have seemed to have done just fine.

Don't forget Canada! (for about six months)

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:04 am
Extraordinary

Groucho wrote:

GERMANY. Merkel was arguably either the most powerful or second most powerful person in the world last year...

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:17 am
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

For a country as entranched in global affairs and the global economy as America is, I am curious how effective a female president's foreign policy would be with countries that don't have women on equal ground as men. I won't go so far as to say that we should never have a women president, but I am interested, if Hillary wins, how relations will be handled differently (if at all) with those countries.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:39 am
Commander and Chef

insomniacdude wrote:
For a country as entranched in global affairs and the global economy as America is, I am curious how effective a female president's foreign policy would be with countries that don't have women on equal ground as men. I won't go so far as to say that we should never have a women president, but I am interested, if Hillary wins, how relations will be handled differently (if at all) with those countries.

Considering Muslim influential countries, known to be the most conservative of them all, have had female prime ministers and have dealt with Muslim worlds, i don't neccessarily think this would be a big barrier at all.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]