Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Super Duper Tsunami Tuesday 
Forum General

Post Re: Super Duper Tuesday
loyalfromlondon wrote:
I still think Polls can't be trusted when it comes to Obama. You can point to the Bradley Effect for NH's results.

I think the Effect holds some weight, and I'm sure it's going to be brought up a million times this year - whether Obama wins the nomination or not.

But what about SC, when he was polling at 10% with whites but came out with 25%?

I feel like Obama's different breed of candidacy kind of messes with the Effect's theory.

But maybe not. We'll see, I guess.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

loyalfromlondon wrote:
I still think Polls can't be trusted when it comes to Obama. You can point to the Bradley Effect for NH's results.

SC showed the other way though. The polls were actually more off there than in NH, by an average of 18%, but in the direction of Obama. Iowa, where Obama won by 8% although the pre-election polls showed mostly a dead heat, also exhibited no Bradley effect.

And I don't think NH's results were merely due to the Bradley effect, if at all; it had to do more with women jumping to Clinton's defense and back into her camp after a few days of wavering post-Iowa once they saw her emotion. And there were a few other factors that I found myself agree with.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

loyalfromlondon wrote:

I think this is going to be hard to go by with polls for both of them, more so Obama though. Since you'd get people who would lie more often this time so they don't sound... politically incorrect. Because we have never had a woman make it this far, and no black man make it this far, and we have both this time. I think it may explain why the polls are all over the place (not really, but there are some sharp differences) for the DEMS. Because if you look at tthe REP polls, they all are in line with each other. But look at California for example for the DEMS. Out of 4 polls: Clinton +9, Obama +4, Clinton +2, Obama +1. And they are all recent polls.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I'm not really trusting Mason Dixon's polls though. They are the one that had Obama's support among SC whites at 10%, where the actual number turned out to be 24%. They now have Obama leading Georgia by only 6%, where everywhere the lead is double-digit. I'd trust the other three CA polls and draw the conclusion that it's a dead heat in CA, with Obama gaining (since Rasmussen had Clinton up by 3 in the previous poll). It could be due to LA Times or MoveOn endorsement, or Edwards supporters starting to lean toward Obama after a couple of days, or whatever other possibilities.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Romney won Maine by the way, which had 18 delegates. A good thing I suppose, but his Maine win didn't get any coverage just like his Wyoming win.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

at this point romney may be positioning himself to be the 2012 front runner if democract win the election and mccain loses.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:41 pm
The 5th B-Sharp

Does anyone know how Romney is doing in Mass? most people I know (granted democrats, but it is hard to find a lot of republicans) hated him as governor.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:44 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Timayd wrote:
Does anyone know how Romney is doing in Mass? most people I know (granted democrats, but it is hard to find a lot of republicans) hated him as governor.

The last poll there showed him with a big lead. But the poll was about a week ago I think.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

huge huge lead 20 point + all around.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... y-538.html

Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:47 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Tennesse Democrats:
Clinton 55, Obama 35

Tennesee Republicans:
McCain 32, Huckabee 30, Romney 22

Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

Looks like I can't vote in the primaries. I started my transition in claiming Illinois residency (for tuition purposes) last week, which included registering to vote in Illinois. I asked the clerk and she said that means that I probably can't vote back home in Missouri. Darn.

Oh well, I was registered as Democrat, but now that Edwards is out of the race I had nobody to back.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:46 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

loyalfromlondon wrote:

You know, I don't understand the logic behind this excuse for the New Hampshire results. Polls were pretty much spot on about his support so it's not like people were claiming they would vote for him and then didn't. It was with Hillary's support that they were way off, with the final results being much higher than polls indicated.

Best Actress 2008

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Maria Shriver endorsed Obama earlier today.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Obama is finally leading in the latest CNN national poll (49-46). Zogby's daily update also shows he is pulling away in CA (46-40). Very interesting.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

it's sad. but as I've said, if I have to vote for Obama in November I will. But tomorrow, Hillary all the way!

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:44 pm
All Star Poster

xiayun wrote:
Obama is finally leading in the latest CNN national poll (49-46). Zogby's daily update also shows he is pulling away in CA (46-40). Very interesting.

Obamamentum!

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

Unfortunately a lot of early votes in Ca. were mailed in before Obama's momentum so it's very possible Hillary will pull out a win, maybe probable.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Archie Gates wrote:
Unfortunately a lot of early votes in Ca. were mailed in before Obama's momentum so it's very possible Hillary will pull out a win, maybe probable.

Most polls include a question on early voting though, so they're taking it into account in the numbers.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

Hillary tears up again

Just like the last time it's right before an important primary.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Archie Gates wrote:
Hillary tears up again

Just like the last time it's right before an important primary.

:funny:

Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:35 pm
Profile WWW

Good for her. If she can use this to win some votes, I'm with her. At some level, tears are always real.

Hillary has tears. Obama has Oprah, the Superbowl, etc. Which one is more honest?

Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:52 pm
Extraordinary

No Country for Sam wrote:
Good for her. If she can use this to win some votes, I'm with her. At some level, tears are always real.

Hillary has tears. Obama has Oprah, the Superbowl, etc. Which one is more honest?

Is that even a serious question when referencing Hillary?

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:04 pm

nghtvsn wrote:
No Country for Sam wrote:

Is that even a serious question when referencing Hillary?

The only reason you and others don't think it applies to Obama is because he hasn't been around long enough.

Listen, a politician is a politician. If you think Obama is not using this HOPE and CHANGE thing as a tool to get the youth vote and the current momentum he has, then frankly you're being naive. I think many of those getting behind Obama are going to be very disappointed once time shows he's not going to be able to bring about the change he dreams of. Hillary has been dragged and dumped on and exposed plenty of times already. We know what's in her skeleton closet. What do we really know of Obama? I like the guy. He speaks well. But I fear that may be all there is to him.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:36 pm
Extraordinary

Can we please re-title this thread "Tsunami Tuesday"? Please? I love that description. Its f.u.n.n.y...and very apt.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:08 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Many new polls, not going to link them since it takes toooo long, so just go to realclearpolitics.com

Ohio:

Columbus Dispatch: Clinton 42, Obama 19, 18
Columbus Dispatch: McCain 28, Romney 22, Huckabee 14

Alabama:

InsiderAdvantage: Clinton 45, Obama 44
SurveryUSA: Obama 49, Clinton 47
AEA/Capital Survey: Clinton 48, Obama 44
AEA/Capital Survery: McCain 46, Huckabee 30, Romney 15
SuveryUSA: McCain 37, Huckabee 35, Romney 19

Massachusetts:

SurveryUSA: Clinton 56, Obama 39
SurveryUSA: Romney 58, McCain 37, Huckabee 3

California:

Suffolk: Obama 40, Clinton 39

Georgia:

InsiderAdvantage: McCain 32, Romney 31, Huckabee 26
Strategic Vision: McCain 31, Romney 29, Huckabee 26
Strategic Vision: Obama 49, Clinton 27

New York:

SurveryUSA: Clinton 56, Obama 38
SurveyUSA: McCain 56, Romney 23, Huckabee 8
Reuters/CSPAN/Zogby: McCain 53, Romney 19, Huckabee 8
Quinnipac: Clinton 53, Obama 39
Quinipiac: McCain 54, Romney 22, Huckabee 9

New Jersey:

Quinnipiac: Clinton 48, Obama 43
Quinnipiac: McCain 52, Romney 30, Huckabee 6
Strategic Vision: Clinton 47, Obama 41
Strategic Vision: McCain 55, Romney 25, Huckabee 10
Rueters/CSPAN/Zogby: Clinton 43, Obama 43
Rueters/CSPAN/Zogby: McCain 52, Romney 26, Huckabee 7

Oklahoma:

SurveryUSA: Clinton 54, Obama 27
SurveryUSA: McCain 37, Huckabee 32, Romney 23

Missouri:

SurveryUSA: Clinton 54, Obama 43
SurveyUSA: McCain 33, Huckabee 31, Romney 28

Illiniois:

SurveryUSA: Obama 66, Clinton 30
SurveyUSA: McCain 46, Romney 25, Huckabee 17

Connecticut:

SurveryUSA: Obama 48, Clinton 46
SurveryUSA: McCain 52, Romney 30, Huckabee 7

Last edited by Corpse on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next