Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Super Duper Tsunami Tuesday 
Team Kris

Post Re: Super Duper Tuesday
My first time voting for a national primary this Super Tuesday. :) I am now sure on who to vote for.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:23 pm
Extraordinary

xiayun wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:
That's an interesting spread between SurveyUSA and Rasmussen.

Rasmussen over-polled the effect of Kennedy's endorsement since it was conducted the night it happened; the bounce had some bubble in it. However, SurveyUSA is under-polling the 18-29 demo with only 9%, when the actual figure has been around 15% for the primaries so far, so I think the real margin for MA is somewhere in between, like 15%.

Right now look like Obama should win Illinois, Georgia, and Alabama, and supposedly he has an advantage in caucus states like Colorado, so if he could win 10 of the Super Tuesday states, and keep the loss within single digit in CA and below 20% in NY, NJ, and MA, then I will be satisfied. That way he wouldn't be behind Hillary by much coming out of it, and the rest of the states after Tuesday look far more favorable to him.

The other thing to remember is that these are NOT winner-take-all states. If he loses to Hillary by only a few points, it is possible for him to get just as many delegates (and possibly even more, like what happened in Nevada).

Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Christian wrote:
My first time voting for a national primary this Super Tuesday. :) I am now sure on who to vote for.

who? who? I promise I won't bite your head off if it was obama :whistle:

Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:54 pm

boo! moveon.org is endorsing obama. as is the LA times, and some CA labor group. grr.

where are my hillary supporters?

Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:20 pm

whew Denver Post endorses Hillary. :yes:

Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:24 pm
Superfreak

New York Post endorsed Obama?? :whaa: :whaa:

Didnt Hillary support moveon.org???? Sucks....

Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:34 pm
A very honest-hearted fellow

Quote:
ABC News' Sunlen Miller Reports: Barack Obama's presidential campaign raised a whopping $32 million in January alone. The number is the highest any candidate has raised in a single month and matches Obama's best three-month period from last year

Damn. Maybe the groundswell for Obama, going into super Tuesday, is higher then people or the polls in those states indicate.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

all it means is barring a huge defeat on tuesday, hell still be around for awhile.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:35 pm
Extraordinary

Sean Hannity was suggesting today that according to polls the Edwards voters were flocking to Obama sooner then expected. He kept highlighting one national poll that had Clinton at 42% and Obama at 40%. Whatever the case, hopefully Obama gets a flurry of ads rolling this weekend. He only just started airing ads in Oklahoma today.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:16 pm
Extraordinary

nghtvsn wrote:
Sean Hannity was suggesting today that according to polls the Edwards voters were flocking to Obama sooner then expected. He kept highlighting one national poll that had Clinton at 42% and Obama at 40%. Whatever the case, hopefully Obama gets a flurry of ads rolling this weekend. He only just started airing ads in Oklahoma today.

Cool, I thought he was giving up on OK since it was only one of the two Super Tuesday states he didn't run ads in (the other being his home state IL).

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:39 pm
Profile WWW

xiayun wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:

Cool, I thought he was giving up on OK since it was only one of the two Super Tuesday states he didn't run ads in (the other being his home state IL).

I've seen (annoying) ads for Obama here in Chicago. I actually haven't seen any for Hillary yet. She might be giving up here.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Some SAT polls:

Alabama:

Repubican Primary McCain 38, Huckabee 30, Romney 20

Quote:
McCain leads among those who see the economy as the top issue and among those who name the War in Iraq as the highest priority. McCain, Huckabee, and Romney evenly divide those who name immigration as the most important issue.

Among Evangelical Christian s, Huckabee leads with 43% support. McCain earns the vote from 33% of Evangelicals while Romney gets 15%.

Among other Protestants, McCain is at 45%, Romney 23%, and Huckabee 22%.

McCain is viewed favorably by 72% of the Likely Republican Primary Voters, Huckabee by 70%, and Romney by 59%.

Eighty-one percent (81%) believe McCain would be at least somewhat likely to win in November if nominated. Just 56% say the same about Romney and 51% believe Huckabee would have a chance.

Democratic Primary Clinton 46, Obama 41

Quote:
Seventy-nine percent (79%) of Clinton’s voters say they are “certain” they will vote for her. Five percent (5%) of her supporters say there’s a good chance they could change their mind while another 20% say they might change their mind.

For Obama, 82% are “certain” and just 2% say there’s a good chance they could change their mind. Another 16% of Obama’s voters say they might change their mind.

Clinton is viewed favorably by 82% of the state’s Likely Primary Voters, Obama by 70%. Obama is viewed favorably by 89% of African-American voters but just 51% of White Voters.

Eighty-four percent (84%) say that Clinton would be at least somewhat likely to win the White House if nominated. That figure includes 52% who believe she would be Very Likely to win.

Seventy-two percent (72%) say Obama would be at least somewhat likely to win, including 41% who believe he would be Very Likely to win.

Illiniois:
Republican Primary McCain 43, Romney 20, Huckabee 15

Democratic Primary Obama 55, Clinton 24

Tennessee

Republican Primary McCain 32, Romney 29, Huckabee 23

Quote:
Romney edges McCain by a 32% to 29% margin among conservative voters. McCain earns 38% of the moderate vote while Huckabee gets 22% and Romney 17%.

As in many other states, McCain leads among voters who name the economy or the War in Iraq as the top voting issue. Romney leads 50% to 17% among those who consider immigration the highest priority.

Romney is viewed favorably by 69% of Likely Primary Voters, Huckabee by 65% and McCain by 64%. McCain earns favorable reviews from 61% of conservatives likely to vote in the Primary.

McCain is seen as the most electable candidate. Seventy-six percent (76%) say that he would be at least somewhat likely to win if nominated. Sixty-four percent (64%) say the same about Romney and 50% have such confidence in Huckabee. Among conservative voters, 76% believe McCain would have a chance to win while 67% believe Romney would be at least somewhat likely to win.

Democratic Primary Clinton 49, Obama 35

Quote:
Clinton leads by twenty-five points among women but by just a single point among men. Twenty-six percent (26%) of men are either undecided or say they will vote for some other candidate.

Clinton leads 61% to 23% among white voters while Obama leads 71% to 12% among African-American voters.

Clinton leads by seventeen points among those who consider the economy to be the top issue. The candidates are essentially even among those who consider the War in Iraq as the highest priority.

Forty-six percent (46%) of the state’s Likely Democratic Primary Voters say the economy is the most important voting issue. Twenty-one percent (21%) say it’s the War in Iraq, while 14% see health care as their top voting issue.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:01 pm
Profile WWW

Yay! I just made my first campaign contribution ever. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping we can at least come close to Obama here in IL on 2/5.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Quote:
PRINCETON, NJ -- John McCain continues to be the primary beneficiary of Rudy Giuliani's recent exit from the Republican race for president. The percentage of Republican primary voters nationwide favoring McCain for the nomination rose from 39% in interviews conducted Jan. 29-30, to 44% in Jan. 30-Feb. 1 polling. Neither Mitt Romney nor Mike Huckabee picked up any additional support.

As a result, McCain now holds a 20-percentage point lead over Romney in the Jan. 30-Feb. 1 Gallup Poll Daily tracking results. It is McCain's largest lead since he assumed the front-runner position following the New Hampshire Republican primary.

There is further clarification in the GOP race in terms of second place. Whereas Romney and Mike Huckabee were about tied in Jan. 23-25 polling, Romney's lead over Huckabee has gradually increased to a solid, if not substantial, eight points.

Quote:
The gap between Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama remains in the single digits. In the most recent tracking period, Clinton holds a seven-point lead over Obama among Democratic primary voters nationwide, 48% vs. 41%. This is up from three- to four-point leads Clinton had the previous two days, but it is still a much closer race than a week ago when Clinton led Obama by 15 points. -- Lydia Saad

Gallup Daily

Where would Gravel and Keyes supporters go?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

What worries me about the California primary is that nearly half of the votes are absentee. It's difficult for any candidate to benefit from momentum since ballots are mailed weeks in advance. This year, that hurts Obama of course.

Still, if he can come close to a tie, they split the delegates and the race stays close. It looks like the Dem race won't be decided for quite some time.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Democrats schedule:

Tuesday, February 5
Alabama Primary 60 delegates
Alaska Caucus 18 delegates
Arizona Primary 67 delegates
Arkansas Primary 47 delegates
California Primary 441 delegates
Colorado Caucus 71 delegates
Connecticut Primary 60 delegates
Delaware Primary 23 delegates
Georgia Primary 103 delegates
Idaho Caucus 23 delegates
Illinois Primary 185 delegates
Kansas Caucus 41 delegates
Massachusetts Primary 121 delegates
Minnesota Caucus 88 delegates
Missouri Primary 88 delegates
New Jersey Primary 127 delegates
New Mexico Caucus 38 delegates
New York Primary 281 delegates
North Dakota Caucus 21 delegates
Oklahoma Primary 47 delegates
Tennessee Primary 85 delegates
Utah Primary 29 delegates
Democrats Abroad Primary 11 delegates

Saturday, February 9
Louisiana Primary 67 delegates
Nebraska Caucus 31 delegates
Washington Caucus 97 delegates
Virgin Islands Other 9 delegates

Sunday, February 10
Maine Caucus 34 delegates

Tuesday, February 12
District of Columbia Caucus 38 delegates
Maryland Primary 99 delegates
Virginia Primary 101 delegates

Tuesday, February 19
Hawaii Caucus 29 delegates
Wisconsin Primary 92 delegates

Tuesday, March 4
Ohio Primary 161 delegates
Rhode Island Primary 32 delegates
Texas Primary 228 delegates
Vermont Primary 23 delegates

Saturday, March 8
Wyoming Caucus 18 delegates

Monday, March 10
American Samoa Caucus 9 delegates

Tuesday, March 11
Mississippi Primary 40 delegates

Tuesday, April 22
Pennsylvania Primary 188 delegates

Saturday, May 3
Guam Other 9 delegates

Tuesday, May 6
Indiana Primary 84 delegates
North Carolina Primary 134 delegates

Tuesday, May 13
West Virginia Primary 39 delegates

Tuesday, May 20
Kentucky Primary 60 delegates
Oregon Primary 65 delegates

Tuesday, June 3
Montana Primary 24 delegates
South Dakota Primary 23 delegates

Saturday, June 7
Puerto Rico Caucus 63 delegates

Obama should make his move on Feb 12th and 19th. But with Superdelegates account for 20% of the delegates, it looks likely neither will have enough pledged delegates all the way to the convention.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

New York Love.
New York, Rasmussen
Clinton 52, Obama 34

New York, WNBC/Marist
Clinton 54, Obama 38

New York, Rasmussen
McCain 49, Romney 30, Huckabee 8

New York, WNBC/Marist
McCain 61, Romney 24, Huckabee 6

Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Zogby polls:

Quote:
“The Mac Attack appears ready to launch on Super Tuesday. McCain’s leads are commanding, except for in California where Romney leads in Southern California and among women, investors, and voters over 50. Romney holds a double digit lead there among conservatives and leads 56%-18% among very conservative voters. Romney also leads among white voters and among those who say that the war on terror and immigration are top issues.

“McCain will do well because of his big leads in the other states and because of winner-take-all states. But Romney may at least have a strong showing in California. In Missouri, Huckabee is in second place by virtue of strong support with conservative and (especially) very conservative voters.

“On the Democratic side, California, Missouri and New Jersey are so close. Obama’s lead in California is by virtue of solid support in the Bay Area and among Independents (by 20 points), men (20 points), 18-29 year olds (31 points), very liberal voters (22 points), and African Americans (75%-14%). Clinton does well among women (11 points) and among Hispanics (64%-29%).

In Missouri, Obama has solid leads in the St. Louis region (16 points), with Independents (7 points), young voters (16 points), and African Americans (62%-26%). He also leads among moderates and men. Clinton leads in Kansas City (7 points), in the Southwest (16 points), and among liberals (8 points), women (5 points), and among voters over 65 (25 points).

“Obama leads in both Northern and Southern New Jersey, among men, and among African Americans (74%16%), while Clinton again holds Hispanics (19 points), whites (10 points), moderates (8 points), liberals (8 points), Jews (22 points), women (9 points), and voters over 65.

“It is all about delegates and these numbers suggest that both candidates get respectable votes and a lot of delegates.”

New Jersey Republicans:
McCain - 54%
Romney - 23%
Huckabee - 6%
Paul - 4%
Undecided/someone else - 13%

New Jersey Democrats:
Clinton - 43%
Obama - 42%
Gravel - 1%
Undecided/someone else - 14%

New York Republicans:
McCain - 49%
Romney - 23%
Huckabee - 8%
Paul - 6%

Georgia Democrats:
Obama - 48%
Clinton - 28%
Gravel - 1%
Undecided/someone else - 23%

Missouri Republicans:
McCain - 36%
Romney - 22%
Huckabee - 27%
Paul - 4%
Undecided/someone else - 11%

Missouri Democrats:
Clinton - 44%
Obama - 43%
Gravel - 1%

California Republicans:
Romney - 37%
McCain - 34%
Huckabee - 12%
Paul - 5%

California Democrats:
Obama - 45%
Clinton - 41%
Gravel - 1%
Undecided/someone else - 15%

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:51 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

California polls show huge gains by Obama, McCain

Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Polls shmolls I believe Obama wins when I see em.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:11 pm
Forum General

Excel wrote:
Polls shmolls I believe Obama wins when I see em.

Wins for Obama on Tuesday aren't crucial, though. He needs to close the gap between himself and Hillary to stay viable, and he's certainly managed that. Of course polls have proven themselves more or less unreliable, but I don't think those showing a strong upward trend for Obama can be flat-out wrong.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Rasmussen also has Obama up by one point in CA, 45% vs. 44%.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

TONS of polls:

Georgia (Rasmussen):

McCain 31, Romney 29, Huckabee 28
Obama 52, CLinton 37

Georgia (Reuters/CSPAN/Zogby)
Obama 48, Clinton 28

Georgia (Mason-Dixon):
Obama 47, Clinton 41

California (Mason-Dixon):
McCain 40, Romney 31, Huckabee 13
Clinton 45, Obama 36

California (Field):
McCain 32, Romney 24, Huckabee 13
Clinton 36, Obama 34

Oklahoma (Sooner Poll):
McCain 40, Huckabee 19, Romney 17
Clinton 41, Obama 17

Utah (Desert News):
Romney 84, McCain 4
Obama 53, Clinton 29

Missouri (Mason Dixon):
McCain 37, Hukcabee 27, Romney 24
Clinton 47, Obama 41

Arizona (Rasumussen:)
McCain 43, Romney 34, Huckabee 9
Clinton 45, Obama 39

New Jersey (Monmouth/Gannet):
McCain 55, Romney 23, Huckabee 7
Clinton 50, Obama 36

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I predict that Hillary will do better overall, but Obama will be so close that it will impress people; after all, he was more than 12 points behind in most polls just a few weeks ago.

This won't be decided for a while, anyway. Maybe it won't even be decided by the time of the PA primary in April, and my vote might actually mean something.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next