Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Obama Support Club 
The Original

Post The Obama Support Club
So after having a Politiko Section we have to give birth to this Club again. JOIN!

Why.

For me Obama stands for the real change
-He was against the Iraq war
-But now he has a reallistic view on the thing in Iraq. He is not simple saying "bring the troops home" He says " Yeah bring them home but it aint beeing so fast and it might not happen in my 4 years cause the situation in Iraq is way more complcated than it looks"
-He wants to change medical system (very important!)
-He is young (new generation)
and...and ....and

So join my Obama support Club. For the real change

Members
FILMO
Groucho
Angela Merkel
Jmart007
RonBurgundy
KC
Beeblebrox
Dkmuto
Roid
Flava'd‡
MovieGeek

Last edited by FILMO on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:44 am, edited 10 times in total.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:28 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: The Obama Support Club
I'm in.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

I'm in.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:17 pm
Superman: The Movie

In

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Leader of the Pack

In :thumbsup:

Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:54 pm

Random observation: when Obama stumps, why does he have to call everybody Pookie when he calls on people to vote?

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Team Kris

I'm in 100%.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Obama all the way.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:52 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Innnnn.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trai ... hoice.html

Gov Bill Richardson: "I had just been asked a question -- I don't remember which one -- and Obama was sitting right next to me. Then the moderator went across the room, I think to Chris Dodd, so I thought I was home free for a while. I wasn't going to listen to the next question. I was about to say something to Obama when the moderator turned to me and said, 'So, Gov. Richardson, what do you think of that?' But I wasn't paying any attention! I was about to say, 'Could you repeat the question? I wasn't listening.' But I wasn't about to say I wasn't listening. I looked at Obama. I was just horrified. And Obama whispered, 'Katrina. Katrina.' The question was on Katrina! So I said, 'On Katrina, my policy . . .' Obama could have just thrown me under the bus. So I said, 'Obama, that was good of you to do that.'"

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Beeblebrox wrote:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/01/29/richardsons_choice.html

Gov Bill Richardson: "I had just been asked a question -- I don't remember which one -- and Obama was sitting right next to me. Then the moderator went across the room, I think to Chris Dodd, so I thought I was home free for a while. I wasn't going to listen to the next question. I was about to say something to Obama when the moderator turned to me and said, 'So, Gov. Richardson, what do you think of that?' But I wasn't paying any attention! I was about to say, 'Could you repeat the question? I wasn't listening.' But I wasn't about to say I wasn't listening. I looked at Obama. I was just horrified. And Obama whispered, 'Katrina. Katrina.' The question was on Katrina! So I said, 'On Katrina, my policy . . .' Obama could have just thrown me under the bus. So I said, 'Obama, that was good of you to do that.'"

well, this little story just about convinces me. Obama is such a great guy eh? :roll:

Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:09 pm
Extraordinary

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Obama raised 32 million in January. Very impressive. Put them ads out now. I've seen probably 5 Hillary ads in oklahoma when I glance at local tv and not one Obama ad yet. Maybe I missed'em but c'mon.

Quote:
Democrat Barack Obama raised $32 million in the month of January alone for his presidential bid, CNN's Candy Crowley confirms.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:44 pm

What the hell, Kumar stumps for Obama.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:23 pm
All Star Poster

And Hulk Hogan.

[youtube2]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BEmiavw_-sE[/youtube2]

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Angela Merkel wrote:

He teaches film at UPenn?

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:33 pm
Profile WWW

KidRock69x wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:

He teaches film at UPenn?

Yes. Penn teaches at Penn. :tongue in cheek:

More precisely, he will be a visiting professor, and will be teaching an Asian-studies take on film. That's all I know.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:44 pm
Veteran

Beeblebrox wrote:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/01/29/richardsons_choice.html

First there were my own observations, then this from Richardson's mouth. This man has no business getting a VP, or another cabinet level job. He either has ADD or is just a space cadet. Some of his answers in the debate would make a 6th grader look bad. He gave some of the worst answers I have seen from a Dem. candidate since Sharpton was asked about international financing in 2004. I have also read according to Atrios he was not very good as Energy Secretary.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Obama is holding a rally here in Minneapolis, MN on Saturday at the Target Center (holds approx 19,000-20,000) and it sold out of free tickets in a matter of hours!! Luckily, I went down to the Obama headquarters and was able to get two tickets. This is so exciting, I've never seen a President (come November) in person before.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/01/31/obamaevent/?rsssource=1

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Agh, I'm so conflicted over him and Hillary.

To be honest, though, I am thinking of voting Obama in the Virginia primary on the 12th. Mostly because I think he's more electable than she is, at this point.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:36 am
Extraordinary

You know what is really progressive? Choosing a candidate while ignoring their race and sex, because that is irrelevant. Isn't that what the civil rights movement is all about?

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I'm just against the "I'm voting for candidate X because of his/her race, gender, religion" crowd.

Do I want more women and minorities in power? Absolutely. We won't be a truly representative country until we have 50% of our politicans being women and 11% being black, and 3% being gay and so on (or whatever the real numbers are).

But I also believe that you should vote for the best candidate for other reasons. There are plenty of women and minority candidates who would never get my vote and it has nothing to do with their race or gender.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

loyalfromlondon wrote:
I'm with Hillary because at the end of the day, she's far more seasoned and having a woman in office is still more progressive than having another man (albeit black).

I think that would depend on who is more under-represented, women or black men? In the presidency, it's a wash since neither a woman or black man have ever even been a nominee before.

There are currently 29 black men serving in both houses of Congress. There are 90 women (incidentally, the overwhelming number of each are Democrats). There are 535 total Congress critters.

So that breaks down to 17% for women, and 5% for black men. So even though I don't agree with that particular criteria, I'd have to say that, based on the progressive argument, it would be more progressive to vote for a woman than a black man.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Beeblebrox wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
I'm with Hillary because at the end of the day, she's far more seasoned and having a woman in office is still more progressive than having another man (albeit black).

I think that would depend on who is more under-represented, women or black men? In the presidency, it's a wash since neither a woman or black man have ever even been a nominee before.

There are currently 29 black men serving in both houses of Congress. There are 90 women (incidentally, the overwhelming number of each are Democrats). There are 535 total Congress critters.

So that breaks down to 17% for women, and 5% for black men. So even though I don't agree with that particular criteria, I'd have to say that, based on the progressive argument, it would be more progressive to vote for a woman than a black man.

!?! How?

Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:50 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

im in

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:06 pm
The Kramer

In. Now is the time for Barack Obama :thumbsup:

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next