Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 From Whats your username Thread 
Award Winning Bastard

Don't get used to BKB here folks. I'll be shooting a PM his way, and asking him to only post at the other forum, since I understand that those underhanded practices have been used by some here. :wink:

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:12 am
Extraordinary

Don't get used to BKB here folks. I'll be shooting a PM his way, and asking him to only post at the other forum, since I understand that those underhanded practices have been used by some here. :wink:

:shock: What do you mean? Has someone here been disuading anyone from posting in other forums? I don't think there was anytime where someone went behind back (pm'ing) and told someone else specifically not to post at another site. Has it been a problem? Let one of the MODs know if it has and we'll look into it. We don't want this place to be about bullying behind closed doors. If someone's going to get bossed around, we prefer it be at the Water Cooler, out in the open, where everyone can point and laugh. At whom they point and laugh at, is of course, up to them. :D

-Dolce

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:18 am
Award Winning Bastard

:shock: What do you mean? Has someone here been disuading anyone from posting in other forums? I don't think there was anytime where someone went behind back (pm'ing) and told someone else specifically not to post at another site. Has it been a problem? Let one of the MODs know if it has and we'll look into it. We don't want this place to be about bullying behind closed doors. If someone's going to get bossed around, we prefer it be at the Water Cooler, out in the open, where everyone can point and laugh. At whom they point and laugh at, is of course, up to them. :D

-Dolce

If that's not what you wanted, then why have you been playing that bullshit?

And please drop the act, as if you didn't know that I said that directly to you. :roll:

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:31 am
Full Fledged Member

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

I've decided to pretty much stay out of it ..

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Well that's funny, because so have I and it apparently seems like I can't. :?

Care to elaborate on such accusations? Because otherwise I think they belong over in Wertham's conspiracy theory thread.

-Dolce

Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:02 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Care to elaborate on such accusations? Because otherwise I think they belong over in Wertham's conspiracy theory thread.

-Dolce

That's a pretty good price you're selling that swamp land for, but I don't like the scent. :lol:

Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:14 pm
Extraordinary

dolcevita wrote:

-Dolce

That's a pretty good price you're selling that swamp land for, but I don't like the scent. :lol:

Frankly Mave, you're pissing me off. I asked you to please procur some tiny bit of evidence that I have ever sent someone a personal message requesting that they not frequent BOM, or RT, or Karma, or any other goddamn site on they internet they so choose to. Giving me the "wink, wink, you know what I'm referring to" line doesn't much work when in fact, I dont. For the first three days on this forum I was worried about its ability to stabilize and expressed hesitation at MODs and Admin actively promoting other sites when we still hadn't been able to draw very many people here. I realize now that one of the ways we have registered new users is through word-of-mouth, and if they are coming over here from RT for that reason, than they can go to any site via KJ through similar means. That is fine.

I do not think it is in the MOD/Admin's best interests to collaborate with any particular site, and have said as such out the open for anyone to respond to as they please. I never said anything behind scenes via pm. Furthermore at no point have a condemned or warned a new poster that they can't set up links and advocate personal sites or other official sites, and if I did it was not an authoritorian warning, it was a personal expression of hesitation having to do with the stability of this site. I never once forced someone to remove infromation about another website from their posts. Its every members right to do as they please here as long as it is in compliance with the rules.

I have never sent out a pm that was not either a personal corresdondance, a personal request, or a thank-you or welcoming messgae to particulalr members whom I like and think deserve recognition for the efforts they have put into helping to build up the forums. You're going to be pretty hard pressed to find someone who can say they received a pm from me demanding they not visit other forums. So I would really appreciate it if you cut out the vague generalities in your empty attacks.

-Dolce

Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:39 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn if you're pissed or not. Now, if you'll give me an explanation for why you passed right over my photo in the photo album, and secretly edited it in after I mentioned it, I'll read further than the first line here, and give you the time of day.

I will probably believe anything you say about the subject too, as long as it's not any kind of bullshit that you didn't see my photo, and it was a complete coincidence that that was the photo you skipped over. :wink:

Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:48 pm
Extraordinary

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn if you're pissed or not. Now, if you'll give me an explanation for why you passed right over my photo in the photo album, and secretly edited it in after I mentioned it, I'll read further than the first line here, and give you the time of day.

I will probably believe anything you say about the subject too, as long as it's not any kind of bullshit that you didn't see my photo, and it was a complete coincidence that that was the photo you skipped over. :wink:

I did not *secretly* edit it in. You drew my attention to the fact the photo was missed so I put it in. Anyone of the MODs that had access to Water Cooler, along with the Admin that has access to all forums, can edit it in the photos in the album, so I don't see why you're targetting me specifically for the upkeep of the album. Why not attack all the site. What a great idea. Why not attack the whole world, its apparently all out to get specifically you.

-Dolce

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:14 pm
Award Winning Bastard

I did not *secretly* edit it in. You drew my attention to the fact the photo was missed so I put it in. Anyone of the MODs that had access to Water Cooler, along with the Admin that has access to all forums, can edit it in the photos in the album, so I don't see why you're targetting me specifically for the upkeep of the album. Why not attack all the site. What a great idea. Why not attack the whole world, its apparently all out to get specifically you.

-Dolce

oh please, quit trying to pass the buck here on me, and on the others who have more to do than edit your threads for you. It is your thread, your responsibility. The world isn't out to get me? How could you come to such a conclusion, when only YOU were being discussed here.

And like I said, please don't waste my time with any of your phoney bullshit about how you missed it by accident. You clearly missed that photo for a reason, and just like that post of mine that you deleted while leaving other posts there with the same comments, it was deliberate.

When you want to try honesty, I'll be willing to listen. :wink:

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:24 pm
Commander and Chef

Post Re: Whats was your username on BOM!!??!
So .. what do you all think of this moooosic television.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I have no idea where this particular feud came from, but it really does sound like it belongs on pm.

Or, if you want this out in the open, perhaps you could create a special "fighting" thread, so the rest of us can avoid it. Please?

I thought we all came to this board to avoid all this. :cry:

Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy T

Okay. dolcevita MIGHT have made a mistake in the Photo Album. A mistake. So, she forgot. But for you to connect a simple human error to other assumptions on a more serious level (such as deleting a post without informing the poster, if she did do it), and then subtlely hint/insinuate at deeper problems just makes you appear snooty.

And, if you want the truth, I've been doing some of the Photo Album editing. I guess I hate the advertising too. That, or, I think you're an ugly bastard who has no place representing this community in a big, popular thread. :roll:

If there's a problem with moderators not alerting users of deleted posts/threads, please, speak up. WITH support/elaboration. I made it clear to baba, dolce, and Eagle when we were constructing the rules that, when a thread is deleted/closed or a post is deleted, a reason (copied from the rule thread, or summed up) must be given to the user.

Last edited by torrino on Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:21 pm
Commander and Chef

This thread started in response to bkb's post about his username on BOM.
Just giving people a head up, in case they have no idea whats going on. It has been split from its original thread and placed here.

Thank you.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy T

Erm. Maverikk. I just read your response. Anyways, could you refer to the exact post that was deleted? The content, etc?

And, once again. You can't PROVE that she skipped over it intentionally. What's the point and purpose in doing so. Don't be ignorant.

It was a simple mistake.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:42 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Erm. Maverikk. I just read your response. Anyways, could you refer to the exact post that was deleted? The content, etc?

And, once again. You can't PROVE that she skipped over it intentionally. What's the point and purpose in doing so. Don't be ignorant.

It was a simple mistake.

Dude, take your head out already. :? It wasn't a simple mistake. It was done for no other purpose than to be petty. How old are you? I have no idea where the post is now, but I am going to tell you this one time. Do not make anymore comments directed at my character while defending hers. Are we clear on that?

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:45 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

HahahaHHAaahahaaaaaa! Funniest. Thread. Ever.

One of the simple joys I have in life is watching arguments over nothing. Especially when I'm not involved in them.

Ok, now back to the fun...

-What exactly was the motivation behind "picture-gate"?!?!?!

-Did personal opinion play a dastardly part in making a decision to not move a picture onto page 1????

-Were limbs broken and grandmothers threatened to make users come to WoKJ?!?!?!

On a side note, I think the winner of this fight will be the first to bow out gracefully. In my book the person that posts last is the biggest idiot. I have my bets placed already.

*grabs popcorn* *grabs a beer* *settles in for a good show*

Last edited by TonyMontana on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:58 pm
College Boy T

Well, I'm a minor. I'm not reluctant to learn what moral behavior in society might be, but, your word isn't particularly credible since I haven't read anything from your mind, recently, that hasn't been critical of dolcevita. And, you've consistently defended yourself.

Plus, by saying "Do not make anymore comments directed at my character while defending hers", you're IGNORING the thing I wrote at the top. From what I've seen, you're accusing dolcevita of something, and she's simply responding. Once again, if you can refer to the exact post that was deleted, and the deletion wasn't due to any broken rules, I'll talk with her about it. But, until then, you haven't supported your accusation that she skipped over the picture to be petty.

You don't always need the last word. And, trust me. You aren't Che Guavara. You aren't reforming this forum. You're the only person who thinks you're sticking it to the man (or, the moderators). We haven't deleted any of your posts (that I know of), so the evidence is all there laid out for the people. Simply put, you're just starting fights and making a nuisance of yourself.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:58 pm
Draughty

Oh look, Mav's back, and with him of course more pointless pot-stirring.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Well, I'm a minor. I'm not reluctant to learn what moral behavior in society might be, but, your word isn't particularly credible since I haven't read anything from your mind, recently, that hasn't been critical of dolcevita. And, you've consistently defended yourself.

perhaps your parents need slapped in the mouth for not teaching you to keep your disrespectful tone in control when you are using their computer.

Plus, by saying "Do not make anymore comments directed at my character while defending hers", you're IGNORING the thing I wrote at the top. From what I've seen, you're accusing dolcevita of something, and she's simply responding. Once again, if you can refer to the exact post that was deleted, and the deletion wasn't due to any broken rules, I'll talk with her about it. But, until then, you haven't supported your accusation that she skipped over the picture to be petty.

The deletion was because it broke the rules, but the other rule breaking posts were left up, and casually tossed off as "harmless".

You don't always need the last word. And, trust me. You aren't Che Guavara. You aren't reforming this forum. You're the only person who thinks you're sticking it to the man (or, the moderators). We haven't deleted any of your posts (that I know of), so the evidence is all there laid out for the people. Simply put, you're just starting fights and making a nuisance of yourself.

Trust me on this, kid, you really have much to learn if you even think you are impressing me here. I think you should probably get your facts strait first, and then comment. Are you old enough to handle that kind of responsibility?

Last edited by Maverikk on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:05 pm
Commander and Chef

This post has been moved from the what was your name at BOM thread to here.

I apologise if it doesnt exactly look the same ut nothing has been edited
Mav in bold
Torrino unbolded
Mav replying to torrino
All smilies missing
sorry

torrino wrote:
Okay. dolcevita MIGHT have made a mistake in the Photo Album. A mistake. So, she forgot. But for you to connect a simple human error to other assumptions on a more serious level (such as deleting a post without informing the poster, if she did do it), and then subtlely hint/insinuate at deeper problems just makes you appear snooty.

I did speak up about the first instance, in which she flat out tried to bullshit me into believing that mine was a direct mockery, and the other posts were not, which in fact they all were, and I didn't appreciate her bullshit in that case, and then trying to turn on the drama afterwards.

No, she didn't forget to edit in my picture, she skipped it, as she edited every other picture in, and probably didn't expect me to say something while she played that little petty game. She thought wrong, and if anybody really believes that I'll swallow anybody's "it was an oversight" hogwash, they're thinking wrong too. If it was truely an oversight, she wouldn't have quietly edited the picture in without some kind of PR post like "Oh, I'm very sorry about that".

And, if you want the truth, I've been doing some of the Photo Album editing. I guess I hate the advertising too. That, or, I think you're an ugly bastard who has no place representing this community in a big, popular thread.

and if you want the truth, I think you really need to stop defending the fair maiden's honor.

If there's a problem with moderators not alerting users of deleted posts/threads, please, speak up. WITH support/elaboration. I made it clear to baba, dolce, and Eagle when we were constructing the rules that, when a thread is deleted/closed or a post is deleted, a reason (copied from the rule book, or summed up) must be given to the user.

I didn't get that curtesy, and when I balked about it, I was fed a line of BS. as to why my post was deleted, yet nobody elses. I don't have a problem with dolce, just the classless way she's went about her business where I've been concerned. If she stops that kind of shit, I'll be all smiles.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Oh look, Mav's back, and with him of course more pointless pot-stirring.

Oh look, Archie's being an idiot once again. :roll:

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:08 pm
Commander and Chef

Just facts

Boyfresh's pics were not updated at the time when the incident regarding Mav's pic was pointed out.

THanks.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy T

1. Don't assume I don't take responsibility for my own actions. I do. And, by the way, I paid for my computer.

2. Which posts?

3. I know I'm not impressing you. If you're biased, even a Bill Clinton speech (without his past reputation behind the scenes) can't impress you.

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next