Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Where's the trailer forum? 

Do you want a specific forum dedicated to trailers?
Yes 72%  72%  [ 18 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 25

Where's the trailer forum? 
Where will you be?

Post Where's the trailer forum?
Ok, so far WOKJ is awesome, I'm loving it. But this is a really big omission. The Trailer Forum is really great, because it was easy for me to go there to find specific new trailers that popped up. Now though, all I can find is one "trailer thread", and it's pretty damn dead. So c'mon, it's not like it's a lot of work, and I know, I've been a mod! :wink: I really think it'd be a great idea. How about you guys?

Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:46 am
Commander and Chef

a) There is the trailer thread that you mentioned
b) All new trailers are mentioned in this forum
c) I've started a weekly trailers of the week thing on the main site. Shockingly, this site indeed has its own content and not just a forum :shock: . Give it another 3 weeks and the archive for those trailers will be up as well and hopefully, if we structure it correectly, we could have each of them linked to a forum thread. Again, need a little bit of patience on everyone's part as this is all being thought up of right now and its christmas time ; )

Thanks again

Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:11 am
Profile WWW
We had our time together

Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

Hey baba, I really don't want to sound like I'm picking an argument with you, especially after my, uh... "less then savory" behavior back in February, but personally I really think that it would be a great idea.

Token Brown Dude wrote:
Movie-dude:

a) There is the trailer thread that you mentioned Yeah, but it's gotten a grand total of FOUR posts since Halloween. It's really dead.

b) All new trailers are mentioned in this forum I know, and it may be nitpicking, but it still means having to sort through all the other general movie threads to find them. A specific forum wouldn't be any work, and it'd just help with organization. If the entire WOKJ forum was just the general movie disccussion area, the box office area, and the review area I could understand you not wanting to open a new forum spot for trailers, but there's many other specific ones like awards and DVDs. Imagine what a pain it would be if the awards forum was just clumped into the general movie thread! Then again, if making a new trailer area would be a huge amount of work, and maybe it is but I was unaware, and if that's the case, I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to make it.

c) I've started a weekly trailers of the week thing on the main site. Shockingly, this site indeed has its own content and not just a forum :shock: . That's very cool man, and yeah, the main site ain't half bad. I'd been following the box office analysis and the reviews for awhile, it's good stuff. But you making a specific area for trailers, in my mind, just gives more of a reason to make a specific area. It shows trailers are important enough to not just be thrown into a big mix of everything else.

Give it another 3 weeks and the archive for those trailers will be up as well and hopefully, if we structure it correectly, we could have each of them linked to a forum thread. Again, need a little bit of patience on everyone's part as this is all being thought up of right now and its christmas time ; ) Nice! A trailer archive would rule, and I'd be really psyched if each one had it's own thread. It's a really cool idea, whoever suggested it should be proud of having the idea. But the thing is, why not give these specific threads there own little area? Since something like that is really organized, wouldn't it make sense to go the extra step and have an area for those specific threads?

Thanks again
Thank you man, for explaining the situation. I really hope I'm not missing something because of it being so late, and if so, sorry I'm causing trouble. Once again, I really hope this doesn't sound like me trying to fight about something, I'm just sharing my thoughts on this. Even if you do end up deciding to not go along with the idea, good luck to you and the others on the trailer archive idea, it sounds very cool. :)

Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:52 am
Commander and Chef

the main reason for not having a section dedicated to rumors and one for trailers was because i personally felt the speakeasy section over at BOM was suffering due to the movie conversations diluting due to the various forums.

I personally wont make any decision to create a new forum nor refrain from it. Let me speak with Eagle and the other mods and see, then prolly, get everyone here to vote on it ....

anyway, give me a day or 2 on this.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

the main reason for not having a section dedicated to rumors and one for trailers was because i personally felt the speakeasy section over at BOM was suffering due to the movie conversations diluting due to the various forums.

I personally wont make any decision to create a new forum nor refrain from it. Let me speak with Eagle and the other mods and see, then prolly, get everyone here to vote on it ....

anyway, give me a day or 2 on this.

Hmm, that is a good point. Then again, I think that the BOM forums having specific forums for all the big franchises diluted it much more then just the trailer forum. Once again, it's up to you, Eagle, and the other mods, and you guys can take your time to come to whatever decision you will. Personally, I just think that the pros easily outweigh the cons. Whatever happens though, thanks for actually considering all this. Were it BOM, Sean would've already closed the thread. :lol:

Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:12 am
Commander and Chef

will prolly put up a poll in the 'The Site' section and see what everyone thinks.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:16 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

A lot of trailers in the 2005 Anticipation thread

http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1000

Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

My take is that a trailer setion isn't needed.

The only time it would ever be useful is if, someone lik you, comes in looking for mass information on recent trailers. In that case it would be very useful since you would have a thread on each trailer.

The worries are obviously that it will dilute the Movies forum, and in general end up inactive.

Personally I would not stop it, if everyone seemed to want it. There is afterall no harm in trying, and we are now starting to discuss trailers on the main site, so maybe it would be a good idea.

I am pretty much torn on this idea, I will add a poll, let the people decide :P . I am also gonna move this to "The Site"

KJ

Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I am fine without it. Maybe later on...but not yet :)

Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

Well so far the poll looks pretty positive for people wanting a forum... what do you guys think?

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:37 am
Site Owner

Id say only 1% of the precints are reporting. :lol:

KJ

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:44 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

if you dont mind.

Let me expt with something. I want your patience for 2 months. As soon as this christmas and new year season is over, i have an idea i want to implement. tell me how it is and if you still dont like it at that point, we'll go with the trailer forum thing. how about that? I'm guessing the interesting trailers wont be coming out till feb anyway

Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:06 am
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Im with MovieDude on the whole trailer issue. The problems with the existing trailer threads is that its spread out too far apart and you have to look closely and browse through all the pages to get that one trailer. Also the most anticipated of 2005 trailers may not necessarly have the trailers I wanted to look for

Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:01 pm
Commander and Chef

again roidrage .. would you be willing to give me a period of 2 months to implement my idea? if so ... it might be a good alternative to actually creating a complete forum for them.

Thanks again, in advance ...

Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Personally, I'd rather go for a Favorite Things forums and not Trailer Forum, methinks.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

moviedude

if you dont mind.

Let me expt with something. I want your patience for 2 months. As soon as this christmas and new year season is over, i have an idea i want to implement. tell me how it is and if you still dont like it at that point, we'll go with the trailer forum thing. how about that? I'm guessing the interesting trailers wont be coming out till feb anyway

Yeah, that sounds like a fair deal. Show us what ya got baba, cuz I for one am curious about your idea. If it works, sweet. And if not, then you'll have finally seen the light hopefully. :wink:

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:18 pm
Commander and Chef

once this christmas and new year is out of the way, i'll be more involved with the main site, help eagle out with it and maybe implement some of the ideas i have, especially for the trailer section.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

You know what this is, its a Nazi take over thats what it is.

Me being sick is really affecting my head.

KJ

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
I'm Batman

I hate Nazis. Especially Hitler. And Barbie.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:27 pm
Where will you be?

KJ

Haha, the first nazi takeover ever led by a black Jewish kid! :lol:

Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:10 pm
You must have big rats

Eagle wrote:

KJ

Haha, the first nazi takeover ever led by a black Jewish kid! :lol:

Don't forget who you're allied with! :twisted:

Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:21 am
Profile WWW
rustiphica

I'd rather see all the trailers just go into hte movie section.

Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:24 pm
Where will you be?

Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:37 am
Hot Fuss

Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:08 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next