Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Changes Abound 
Site Owner

Post Changes Abound
Ok everyone I need to enlist your help one more time.

Two things that require discussion. First off ... Sections. Some are obviously used much more than others. Should we combine a few forums? Rumors and general discussion? Do we need a Game thread? I want to hear everyones opinion on that.

Secondly, I think it is time that this mod situation gets straitened out. When this forum first started I just modded a few people to help out. As it is growing in popularity it becomes more apparent that I need to re-do the mod situation. Currently we have Baba, S.S Incredibles, Lovermox, Impact, Pink Panther, Amer, Zingaling, Torrino, and Dolce as mods. That is 9 people. I feel that we don't need that many mods. I want to hear if you feel the same and if you do what should be done about it.

To the mods, I may choose to take away moding from some of you ... this has nothing to do with the type of poster or person you are ... instead it is from clutter. I feel we do not need 1/6th of the population as mod's. So we will see what everyone thinks and then I will make a decision.

If you are not comftorable talking about mods in this thread, please PM me what you would like to see done.

Last edited by Eagle on Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Put Oscar and Rumors in General Movie Forum (make that whole thing one forum)

World Affairs and Water Cooler as one

I still dont know what Earthen is (damn, I'm mod for it)

Let it rip (not needed)

-----------------------------------------------------

As far as MOD is concerned, you may be right. There are quite a few now. No need for more.
I think more than anything, I think some re arrangement of which mod is looking at what may be required.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy T

1) I think a couple should be merged. Rumors and World Affairs (two forums I mod) should be moved to The Water Cooler. Plus, it helps that The Water Cooler is the busiest place. Over Seas should stay separate from Movies. The Oscar and Review sections, however, should be merged (or made into sub forums) with the Movie section. For entertainment, we could have one big section. This could also include Literature, as well. The Game section isn't needed, too.

2) As for the modding situation, I think 3 at a max would do. So, in the Water Cooler/World Affairs/Rumors section (that should be integrated), arsibaba, lovemerox, and I should be mods (wdw is effectively a mod as it is). In the smaller sections, 2 is enough. An entertainment section might require three, as well. No section should have less than two; that way, things can be done more efficiently.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:15 pm
Commander and Chef

hehehe. I'l go with the popular opinion.

You want rumors in water cooler?? because i believe rumors pertains to movies and should be in the General Movie section.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

For the mod situation, we obviously have too many of them. Some people are just modding 1 section, so I think we should eliminate a few of them and give those to the other remaining mods. They have to be frequent posters and good at handling the mod job.

As for sections, I don't think we need a "Let it Rip" section. The Earthen section, well I don't know what it is. Do what you must with that one. Oscars can be discussed in the Movies section.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:36 pm
College Boy T

NO! Keep video games!!

hehehe. I'l go with the popular opinion.

You want rumors in water cooler?? because i believe rumors pertains to movies and should be in the General Movie section.

I guess you're right about the Rumors section. ;).

Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:42 pm
Well, about mods. I personally don't care about number of them. Just don't be asses and all is good with me.

And as for forums, would prefer smaller numbers of them. But definately keeping Let it Rip forum, with some threads now in W.C. moved there. Plus, Earthen forum. I know nothing about it, but it is something Eagle enjoys, and it was here before we came, so would like it to stay.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:43 pm
Commander and Chef

Just do away with rumor.
movie related rumors in movie discussion forum

non movie related ones in water cooler

Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
---------

Why is there a problem with the forums now? The only forum I see as the littlest bit useless is Rumor one.

And with the mods... why does it hurt to have 9? That would mean things would get fixed or locked or stickied faster.

I don't know.... This site is cool the way it is, but I will accept any changes!

Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:22 pm
Site Owner

As of right now this is where I stand ... please offer your opinions.

Trash Talk division would be renamed ... to what I do not yet know. The Let it rip forum could possibly be gone ... I am torn on this and would like to hear your opinions. The Site forum would stay. I would add a Forum where only Mods could post to discuss who upcoming threads and other issues.

The Spring break forum would be deleted. Its purpose never panned out, and was more personal.

The Gaming section would be moved and all fall under Entertainment.

The BO game section is in limbo and I want to hear your ideas on it.

Earthen is a personal forum to me, and I would keep it, but move it under entertainment (Earthen is a former D2 clan that I was involved in)

Rumors would be removed and any future rumors could be posted in Movies or Water Cooler or World affairs.

Oscar would be removed and all threads moved to Movies.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

Put the 2 video games into 1 forum. Rumors should be placed within general movie talks as with posting of movie trailers. World affairs should stick with wehre it is right now. Eventually more politcally motivated posters will join and it'll be nice to have it there.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:33 pm
Site Owner

Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy T

Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:49 pm
Indiana Jones IV

make sure its only box office games i odnt want no games to rasie post count you know? also get rid of earthen cuz not alot of people know what it is?

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I would move World affairs into Water cooler. When i was at BOM i really wanted a "political forum" AND a real lifeforum, but now that it is actually true, I just think it would be better to combine it into the water cooler. I think combining them would be for the best.
I think Let it rip should possibly be gone...although I kinda like it, but then again...we can do that sort of stuff in the Water Cooler. If someone wants to bitch, im sure we wont mind to respond to them just bc it is in a different thread.
I think Rumors should be combined with another forum as well.
I think we should keep the quiz forum.

I hope this helps

Oh and about the mods...I think the main mods here.. I agree with what Torrino said(cept a few exeptions)

Thanks so much eagle,.....this site is awesome and I think it is so great that you actually care about our imput. You are the best!

Rewards later :wink:

Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:20 pm
rustiphica

What should I do with the BO game forum?

i like the forum. Some games are fun to play.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:30 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Commander and Chef

If video games is going, I'll be linient on people starting up video game threads in water cooler ... good threads .. not just any threads.

the box office games I guess could remain. Then again, I dont play them so I shouldnt be part of the decision making on this at all.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I think the quiz's/games should stay. They are alot of fun for some posters

Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:42 pm
Aslan Reigns Supreme

Ok here's my 2 cents for what its worth.I made the Quiz forum for Box Office Games and fun like with quizzes.Let's get rid of Let it rip b/c that will take some of the hate away and any mention of BOM sway also.As far as mods I think right now we should keep everyone on board as every day it seems we have alot more ppl joining.In fact i believe we will hit 150 by next Friday hopefully after word gets out.Anyways thats all I can think of right now

3.Click
4.Over the Hedge
5.See No Evil

Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:17 am
Draughty

Personally I always felt that 90% of the games were just for post count farming, people trying to rack up high post counts with silly games so they can feel special, that seems to be their main use on BOM.

I'm not talking about the serious games like Survivor, just the stuff like geography game and post a word that begins with the last letter of the previous word and that kind of stuff.

It's not a big deal to me either way, I'm just giving you feed back under the assumption you'd like to know what some people think of it all. :)

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]