Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 More threads should stay open. Mods should use discretion. 
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Post More threads should stay open. Mods should use discretion.
To the Adms.

Rather than read a 35 page thread and how are you suppose to summarize, I thought it would be a good idea to summarize in a poll with who you wanted to win. SOMETHING THAT WASN'T DONE ELSEWHERE. Mod Zingaling closed saying this was a dup thread. INCORRECTLY.

Here is his response.

Goldie, everyone else can go through this 35 page thread, why can't you? No... dupe... threads. Locked.

I think the Mods should read the threads to see if they make sense and are interesting.

For example.

What are your feelings on the USA Presidential race

I wanted Bush ONLY. No Kerry. 0% [ 0 ]
I wanted Bush but I am OK with Kerry. 0% [ 0 ]
I wanted Kerry ONLY. No Bush. 0% [ 0 ]
I wanted Kerry but I am OK with Bush. 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Thank you.

Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:24 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Goldie, I'm not even going to argue on this. I felt it being a dupe thread (which it was). If any of the admins disagree, by all means, unlock it. I'll admit it was my mistake.

-Zingaling

Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:36 am
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Goldie, I'm not even going to argue on this. I felt it being a dupe thread (which it was). If any of the admins disagree, by all means, unlock it. I'll admit it was my mistake.

-Zingaling

As I pointed out, the thread was set up with a poll to summarize everyone's preference. That alone made it different. Or can you figure out in that 35 page thread what the breakdown is.

Plus for an event like the Presidental race, it is a crazy rule for there to be such a GENERAL rule as only 1 thread per topic.

Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:45 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:

-Zingaling

As I pointed out, the thread was set up with a poll to summarize everyone's preference. That alone made it different. Or can you figure out in that 35 page thread what the breakdown is.

Plus for an event like the Presidental race, it is a crazy rule for there to be such a GENERAL rule as only 1 thread per topic.

For everyone's "preference", there was a thread made a few days ago asking who everyone was officially voting for. So, you were a few days too late. As for having one big thread, yes I see that as more logical. If you have two threads for the same discussion, not everyone's points will be heard. Some people may only post in one thread, while others post in the other. We ALL want to discuss this election together. Your thread was not necessary.

But like I said, if any of the admins or mods begs to differ, go ahead an unlock it.

-Zingaling

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:35 am
Forum General

- If my poll and thread wasn't allowed because it was done days ago. Then why was that thread not continued as the thread to use.

Why was that thread allowed to die and a new one started. So all of the previous comments were allowed to die.

- Saying that the poll was done, doesn't make sense. Compare the polls, they asked different questions. AND a question DURING the election should be look at differently then one day four days earlier.

If the Mods want to use this no dups as a rule then they should be more consistent in staying on top of this rule. But as I said I still think the MODS should use discretion in reading the topics.

Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

We've had about 10 threads on this election so far. Asking the same stuff. I'm sorry but I support Zingaling on this one.

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Site Owner

It was a blatent duplicate, with nothing new to add.

No harm in closing it.

KJ

Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

Oh god. More of the bloody things should be closed. How many do you need? You need to go to the drug store, buy your anti-depressents, and shut up. Bush won. Get over. How about I spam the forum like you and gloat about it? Cant you RESPECTFULLY discuss ANYTHING? Its beyond the point of being worthy of sane discussion its so retarded.

EDIT- I take back my comments- it was wrong for me to attack Goldie. But that doesn't mean i'm not hiiighly annoyed by some of the negativity thats been flying around the forums.... election or not.

Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:52 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

Oh god. More of the bloody things should be closed. How many do you need? You need to go to the drug store, buy your anti-depressents, and shut up. Bush won. Get over. How about I spam the forum like you and gloat about it? Cant you RESPECTFULLY discuss ANYTHING? Its beyond the point of being worthy of sane discussion its so retarded.

EDIT- I take back my comments- it was wrong for me to attack Goldie. But that doesn't mean i'm not hiiighly annoyed by some of the negativity thats been flying around the forums.... election or not.

Case closed but I will respond to your comments. As I always said, all I was doing was setting up a poll to judge where the people stood after the results were in. THAT WAS NEVER DONE ANYWHERE. It was an after effect. The other thread was going on during the election and this was a clean one after the election. Plus with a poll, to gather how people rated Bush winning after the election since he won.

For another example, there was a thread about the World Series, then after the World Series, other threads popped up about the Red Sox winning. But those threads were kept open without closing.

I agree that in looking at the threads there look to be alot of dupes set up but they aren't being closed.

Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

I've never understood people'e fascination for wanting to create a million threads really ....

Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

I've never understood people'e fascination for wanting to create a million threads really ....

ego issues :P

Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Lord of filth

DOESN'T ANYBODY ELSE SEE IT?!?!

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:02 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Goldie = Goldmember.

What difference does that make?

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:24 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

andaroo wrote:
Goldie = Goldmember.

What difference does that make?

Hehe :)

Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Someone put Psycho under Goldies name

The only reason I am reading your post is because Halle's picture is X'ed out. I am only pointing this out as you don't seem to be smart enough to realize this.

Psycho was a movie.

Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:47 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

sorry i thought one of you Mods were pissing about :P

Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

I don't mind such comments but with goldie and lecter, its a sensitive issue right now ....

Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

Someone put Psycho under Goldies name

:lol:

Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Cream of the Crop

Dr. Lecter

SHRIEKS!

Goldie strikes! :)

Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

It's pretty sad that both of you's fight like this over the internet. IT'S THE FRIGGIN INTERNET! Jeez. Make enemies here you should be considered supergeeks. :roll:

Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:35 pm
New Server, Same X

It's pretty sad that both of you's fight like this over the internet. IT'S THE FRIGGIN INTERNET! Jeez. Make enemies here you should be considered supergeeks. :roll:

Both of you's? Mmkay, sheriff, we's is sorry for all the trouble! Y'all won't see us again.

Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:52 pm
Hot Fuss

Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:59 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]