Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:40 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Goldie has been temp banned 
Award Winning Bastard

Thank-you.

That was very well said, and I hope everyone paid close attention to it.

Its stuff like this that should prove to you that you haven't infact lost your credibility, and with each similarly intelligent post you negate ten such contrary past ones.

You're welcome.

It must have been the morphine that I was illegally injecting into my neck yesterday, because I never make that much sense, and now the pressure's off, so I can post my usual dim witted banter for 9 more posts before I have to worry about it again. Ah...life is good. :P :lol:

Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:21 pm
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Mr. X wrote:
WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In short, not to short anyone but there are only 3 big ones that I want to respond to.

- Z - All I will say is that as a MOD, someone should give you MOD 101 training. ( I do have lots more to say about your responses but that is personal and everyone have rights to their own opinions and comments so I will keep those to myself.)

- Eagle - smart words above.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

I'm sorry for laughing at a joke Goldie. It'll never happen again.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:43 pm
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Dr. Lecter wrote:
dolcevita wrote:
For everyone's consideration:

This is a temp ban only. when/if he returns, we are going to wait and see if he has reformed. so no one jump right away. If he continues to act as he did in the past, then, please, handle it as we have in the past and notify a MOD. No biting, no baiting, no changing sigs and avatars. We want to first see if there ihas been a change.

Even though we know there won't be one ;)

Lecter, I know how it feels to have posters follow you around like they're some kind of obsessed stalker, and it's something that Goldie needs to lay off, but comments like this one are part of the problem. It was an uncalled for shot at the guy. Give him a chance to do wrong before deciding that "we" know what the outcome will be. I know you know I'm not coming after you where he's concerned, but you have to be bigger than him, and not make comments to draw him out, because it's not going to reflect good on you.

Goldie, if you are listening, take my words in. Fun is fun, but when it comes to crossing the line, which you do with the attention (and negative attention) you give to Lecter, it's time to step back and re-evaluate why you come to these forums, and hopefully, the answer doesn't have anything to do with negative feelings toward one of the members. What the hell kind of motivation is that for spending your day and energy on?

If you come back, BOTH of you guys need to stay away from eachother, or treat eachother as you would anybody else. Just start over. It's not so hard to do. If killing your reputation over personal grudges like I have done is worth it to you, I have to question why. Trust me, it's not worth something as important as your credibility.

Good luck!

This is the only other big one that I would like to respond to.

I am glad that you said what you said. Even though you are more friendly with Lecter, I glad you had the right stuff to comment and make those fair comments. As soon as I saw the second Lecter comment I knew it was a SHOT from him. ( That makes his early comments about the truce even more funny.)

--------------

And to Baba. Sorry but I disagree about this. No way, am I a Lecter stalker.

There are plenty of Lecter threads and areas that I don't go into. Mainly Games, Water Cooler, Foreign, DVD, etc. - Cause I have little or no interest in those sections.But on Movies and BO, he makes these big threads with very big comments/opinions and they deserve response. ( Even when there are other threads out there, he likes to put his comments in the first section.)

I could list lots of other big examples but others know what I am talking about. So here is one.

- Look at the awards section.

- First - there is his 3 part look at the Oscars

- Then he has his best picture thread with 150 responses.

- Now I see he just starts another best picture thread with comments on 4 big movies.

I would think that some of the above could have been consolidated but he likes to make these big statements.

AND EVERYONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO MAKE COMMENTS POSITIVE / NEGATIVE. I JUST USUALLY RESPOND TO THE BIGGER MORE OPINATED STATEMENTS WHICH USUALLY COME FROM LECTER. I WOULD REPLY THE SAME WAY TO ALL COMMENTS LIKE THAT.

----------------

To all, having this week off was great as it gave me a break and lessen my desire for these boards - more so only reading the comments fo the movies that I am interested in. Just take in what is good for you and leave the other excess.

Just a great week.

- Already saw Million Dollar Baby, Aviatar, Lemony, Spanglish.

- Did my Xmas shopping and have my tickets to NYC for a week till New Years.

- And lots of partying, drinking, etc.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

well Goldie. If you're so adamant on proving that you're not, you should put less effort into compiling data on how someone can be a double account or not and use that same time to show us all that you're not a stalker. The mods will be keeping an eye on your activity and if we notice no changes at all from you, we'll be replying back in this thread.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Goldie, if a truce is what you are wanting, I will do my best to keep Lecter honest, but you're going to have to meet me half way. For instance, you've been unbanned, and you should be posting about movies and such, not focusing on negatives that this thread represents for you. It's the only thread you've bothered posting in, and you're not doing yourself anygood by not moving on to more positive things.

You have a whole messageboard full of forums involving stuff that you have great interest in, so how about redirecting your focus toward them, and putting the past behind you once and for all. :wink:

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:28 pm
Forum General

well Goldie. If you're so adamant on proving that you're not, you should put less effort into compiling data on how someone can be a double account or not and use that same time to show us all that you're not a stalker. The mods will be keeping an eye on your activity and if we notice no changes at all from you, we'll be replying back in this thread.

And on compling the data that was a month ago - where everyone swore that BMP was a real person and a personal internet friend of Lecter, per Lecter but he seemed to be big on 2 things - bashing Goldie and bumping Lecter threads. Now BMP seems to have disappeared again.

That was pretty easy to see.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Goldie, if a truce is what you are wanting, I will do my best to keep Lecter honest, but you're going to have to meet me half way. For instance, you've been unbanned, and you should be posting about movies and such, not focusing on negatives that this thread represents for you. It's the only thread you've bothered posting in, and you're not doing yourself anygood by not moving on to more positive things.

You have a whole messageboard full of forums involving stuff that you have great interest in, so how about redirecting your focus toward them, and putting the past behind you once and for all. :wink:

No it isn't the thread involved but the comments mentioned.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Token Brown Dude wrote:

And on compling the data that was a month ago - where everyone swore that BMP was a real person and a personal internet friend of Lecter, per Lecter but he seemed to be big on 2 things - bashing Goldie and bumping Lecter threads. Now BMP seems to have disappeared again.

My offer othat any of the mods can talk to him (if he agrees which he should most likely do) still stands.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Token Brown Dude wrote:

once again, you're ignoring what I'm saying ..

You sent each of us mods countless login times for BMP and Lecter which in itself, was quite scary. Please use that same time to do something more productive on this board.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Regardless if it's the thread or comments, you're focusing on something negative instead of something positive. It's the only focus you have had since coming back. Why don't you just walk away, let this thread die, and prove the comments that you didn't like , by your conduct, and not by commenting about them.

If somebody has an opinion about you, and you feel that it's wrong, actions will speak louder than any words you try to come up with in your defense. I'm giving it to you strait, and you can take my advice or ignore it, but I'm hoping you take it.

Last edited by Maverikk on Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:47 pm
You must have big rats

Goldie, I have never been known for being a pateint person and I think I have been patient enough. Nonetheless, out of respect for the mods and the other fellow posters here on the boards, I offer you truce hereby, right here and right now. Don't get in my way and I won't get in yours. Get off my back and I won't get on yours. You leave me alone and I'll repay you the favor. You can post here, reply, do whatever you want, I don't care, doesn't bother me. Many times did I say that I don't want you necessarily banned, but just get get out of my way on here. That still stands. I think there is a way for us to co-exist here. That is my offer, no more and no less. I think that would please the mods as well.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Goldie, I have never been known for being a pateint person and I think I have been patient enough. Nonetheless, out of respect for the mods and the other fellow posters here on the boards, I offer you truce hereby, right here and right now. Don't get in my way and I won't get in yours. Get off my back and I won't get on yours. You leave me alone and I'll repay you the favor. You can post here, reply, do whatever you want, I don't care, doesn't bother me. Many times did I say that I don't want you necessarily banned, but just get get out of my way on here. That still stands. I think there is a way for us to co-exist here. That is my offer, no more and no less. I think that would please the mods as well.

That was very mature of you , Lecter. Now Goldie, I would expect no less from you, so how 'bout accepting his truce like a man, without adding any backhanded comments, and move on with your lives. :wink:

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:51 pm
Commander and Chef

That is what I've been asking for repeatedly and Lecter has kept his part of the bargain for most of the time since we spoke to him about it ...

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Goldie wrote:

Regardless if it's the thread or comments, you're focusing on something negative instead of something positive. It's the only focus you have had since coming back. Why don't you just walk away, let this thread die, and prove the comments that you didn't like , by your conduct, and not by commenting about them.

If somebody has an opinion about you, and you feel that it's wrong, actions will speak louder than any words you try to come up with in your defense. I'm giving it to you strait, and you can take my advice or ignore it, but I'm hoping you take it.

OK this will be my last post.

But my comments were needed when the first post was by the ADM Baba that I am a stalker. Don't you think that deserves some comment.

I am glad that ADM Eagle posted better comments.

Like I said, the first post is usually the big one that needs a response.

And lastly to Baba, I saw the questions/part acceptance that were raised by a number of the MODS and the opposite of others. So anything I sent was needed due to the comments I saw when "the area" was visable.

GOLDIE LAST POST IN THIS THREAD - GOLDIE OUT. ( PM me if needed cause I am not even reading this thread or reponses anymore )

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Interesting how my offer of truce was ignored :)

Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Interesting how my offer of truce was ignored :)

Then let it be at that ...

Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

dolcevita wrote:

This is a temp ban only. when/if he returns, we are going to wait and see if he has reformed. so no one jump right away. If he continues to act as he did in the past, then, please, handle it as we have in the past and notify a MOD. No biting, no baiting, no changing sigs and avatars. We want to first see if there ihas been a change.

Even though we know there won't be one ;)

Sorry, but seeing that Baba and Lecter posted made me want to check.

And to Lecter, why should I respond cause last time you said truce - you came back later with the comment - that I don't needed to critique as Mav already did above.

Let's see how it goes and what truce really means to you!

Also as I don't have the experience you have with the smiles - not sure which of your above ones I should copy - the Wink or the Smile.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Since Goldie's return he has done nothing to warrant the kind of remarks that were sent his way in the AUmaster thread. Eagle has checked the ip of AUmaster and has said it is unique and from a different country altogether. Jon and Lecter, I said no baiting. Lecter, change your signature now. Consider this an official warning to the two of you.

Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:10 pm
You must have big rats

dolcevita wrote:

Since Goldie's return he has done nothing to warrant the kind of remarks that were sent his way in the AUmaster thread. Eagle has checked the ip of AUmaster and has said it is unique and from a different country altogether. Jon and Lecter, I said no baiting. Lecter, change your signature now. Consider this an official warning to the two of you.

Funny, as so far I think every mod has seen the sig, including even Eagle and bABA and yet no one has said anything and you know why? Because I didn't put the word "Goldie" into the sig. As Eagle has said, Goldie lives in the USA and that thread creator lives in Canada and therefore can't be Goldie. My sig just points out that this AUMaster guy is trying to pass as someone else and therefore is someone's double account. If I wanted to take an explicit shot at Goldie, I would have mentioned him, trust me. Therefore, I am not considering changing my signature right now, thank you.

Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Sorry Dolce, but I think Lecter is right. It's not like what it says isn't true... well, perhaps the Anti-Christ part. :lol:

Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:14 pm
Site Owner

Lecter, I am sure that when you first made that signiture you did so thinking that it was him. I know you dont mention goldie, but it does look a little like your insinuating.

I know that it works both ways, suggesting that someone is just trying to frame goldie, but there really is no reason for it.

I know you don't mean anything and I am not going to 'force' you to take it out. However if Goldie asks me, I will take it out for him, and lets just say I hope you change it soon on your own just to avoid any contraversy.

KJ

Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

All I am saying is what AUMaster means.

Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Ugh.

Lecter, I am sure that when you first made that signiture you did so thinking that it was him. I know you dont mention goldie, but it does look a little like your insinuating.

I know that it works both ways, suggesting that someone is just trying to frame goldie, but there really is no reason for it.

I know you don't mean anything and I am not going to 'force' you to take it out. However if Goldie asks me, I will take it out for him, and lets just say I hope you change it soon on your own just to avoid any contraversy.

KJ

Argh, you can read, can't you? I said that it is NOT him, so how would my sig take a shot at him even though I admit thsat it is not him?

Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Comeon, Artur, just get rid of the sig. Any mention whatsoever of Goldmaster, makes it look like you're baiting Goldie. If I saw my name in a signature, and it was associated with something negative, as Goldmaster's is, I'd consider that to be somebody baiting me, as well as somebody who wasn't able to move on. You're better than that, and it's not like that sig is so important to you that you can't ditch it for something more positive like the line above it.

It's a new year coming up. :)

Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:33 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next