Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Re-Orginization 
Threads might get pushed excuse is so silly.

To check 2nd or 3rd page shouldn't be such a daunting task.

And I love your suggestion Eagle...

Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:02 am
rustiphica

combine some stuff. I'd be happy with it being more active.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:02 am
Extraordinary

combine some stuff. I'd be happy with it being more active.

Yes, I agree with you and Nebs on this. Plus, we'll try to keep a strong thread archive, and by all means members should post in it if they have a thread they want to immortalize after it falls off page one or two.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:04 am
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************

You shouldn't combine too much right away.

Instead of doing everything at once, do most and then you could do more later depending on how it goes.

- Move indies into movies

- Keep sports seperate as sports is big enough to be a stand alone.

- I would say the same about gaming.

- Combine DVD, Literature, Music into one. To see how it goes by itself.

- Keep tv alone as that is popular enough that it should be a stand alone.

Remember those above could always be moved later if you see the point.

Just a quick first draft.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

Considering I mod the TV forum, I would think that particular forum might be unwise to combine with anything else. Considering how many stickied threads we have in there, that would just look weird, and make things even more confusing.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:43 am
I'm Batman

If you move Sports into The Water Cooler I will be extremely upset.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:51 am
Teh Mexican

leave it the way it is!!,

theres no problem with the topics,..... its just fine!!
dont screw everything!

Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:20 am
Award Winning Bastard

Seriously, there aren't enough members to warrant too many seperate forums, if activity is what you want. BOM expanded, it didn't start off with what it became. Just the basics is all you need at this point, which means...

Over Seas and Indies
Sports
Literature
Music
All About Gaming
Earthen

...are just taking up space and making things look really cluttered.

Your membership could thrive with just a basic setup like this http://www.movie-fever.com/forums/

Then, you have to have patience while it grows. You can't force the membership to grow by making enough forums to service a small country, just have enough on hand to cover your ass.

If you do get rid of Earthen, I hope we'll have a chance to give it a decent burial, and it won't just be snuffed out without a word. :cry:

Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:21 am
Commander and Chef

imore than anythign esle, I wanna see all these seperate movie forums gone!! Hell,i wanna see dvd combined together into movies.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:10 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I agree with maverikk on this one.

imore than anythign esle, I wanna see all these seperate movie forums gone!! Hell,i wanna see dvd combined together into movies.

I aidsagree. We spent a lot of time at BOM fighting for a Foreign/Indies Forum and now that we have one, it should go?

Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Here is my opinion.

Instead of doing everything at once, do most and then you could do more later depending on how it goes.

- Combine DVD, Literature, Music into one. I would think that these would fit nicely as one.

Bumping this up as after reading I still think that this is how it should be.

And on indie, don't think it is a big deal to have that in movies - Aren't they movies anyway. And in the first 2 pages, you have what about 70 slots so I think that it would fit nicely in there.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:13 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Here is my opinion.

- Combine DVD, Literature, Music into one. To see how it goes by itself.

You want to have TV and Sports stand alone because those are the ones you post in. However, if you look at the facts, they will tell you that the Music Forum about as big as TV and Sports combined. So how come you say that DVD, Literature and Music schould be combined, but TV and Sports shouldn't?

Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:22 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

So keep music seperate also. I didn't realize it had that many posts.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I think we should leave Watersa cooler alone..not add nethingss

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:08 am
Award Winning Bastard

I aidsagree. We spent a lot of time at BOM fighting for a Foreign/Indies Forum and now that we have one, it should go?

BOM may have had a membership large enough to support it, and it still didn't have a forum for that. Too many forums look undesirable to new members who just see one big cluttered mess that they don't even know where to begin.

There is also the option of creating sub forums. Sub forums are forums within forums, so the main board index doesn't look like a big messy disorganized place where new members will be hesistant to want to be a part of.

I still think you need to crawl before you walk, and you can't equate the size of these forums to BOM, because WOKJ is just in it's infant stages, not at the stage that BOM was at when everybody bolted.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:45 am
---------

I really like everything the way it is now. Putting all those movie sections into a main movie section is... stupid. We basically are a movie forum, like it or not, and that is our biggest draw to new visitors.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:02 am
College Boy Z

DVD going into Movies is a good idea. Free some space up.

What's not a good idea is losing Overseas. I remember so many people fighting at BOM to get a section like that, and now we have one. Why lose it? Because it's not that active, YET? It will be soon enough. We're trying to change things around too fast here. Leave Games, TV, Your Take, Music, etc. alone. You can combine Literature with The Water Cooler. Sports should be left alone as well.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:46 am
You must have big rats

I really don't like the idea of combining Movie with DVD. I'd rather have TV and DVD combined as the silver screen alternatives.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I really don't like the idea of combining Movie with DVD. I'd rather have TV and DVD combined as the silver screen alternatives.

Sorry but I disagree on this, the tv thread has a nightly viewing while the dvd comes out so sporadically.

People aren't going to go looking for the dvd in the tv section, it should be seperate place or in a low volume place or in movies.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:18 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Sorry but I disagree on this, the tv thread has a nightly viewing while the dvd comes out so sporadically.

People aren't going to go looking for the dvd in the tv section, it should be seperate place or in a low volume place or in movies.

Most of these "genre forums" have almost the same amount of posts. If TV shall stay, then Overseas and DVD shall stay as well.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

Most of these "genre forums" have almost the same amount of posts. If TV shall stay, then Overseas and DVD shall stay as well.

Ok Eagle close the thread Lecter has issued his order above.

That said, most people can see that there is a big difference between tv - a nightly hour repeating show. Much different than movies. And heavily discussed on a nightly basis while the others you mentioned aren't.

While Oversea and DVD are movies that can easily go other places. They are movies.

Last edited by Goldie on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:25 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

That said, most people can see that there is a big difference between tv - a nightly hour repeating show. Much different than movies.

While Oversea and DVD are movies that can easily go other places. They are movies.

Thankfully, you won't be the one to decide over that.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

That said, most people can see that there is a big difference between tv - a nightly hour repeating show. Much different than movies.

Thankfully, you won't be the one to decide over that.

Luckily neither will you so we will see how it is decided. And I have stated above what I wanted to say so no more replies. Goodbye.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:34 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

leave 'sports' as it is,
Merge the 'music' and 'lit' forum together
Merge the 'TV' and 'DVD' forums together
'Your Take' and 'Indies' should be in the Movies Forum

Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

The video game forum in with the music forum?!?!?!??!!!

Us gamers are proud of our little oasis and are quite active. I really don't want to sort through Hillary Duff and Britney Spears shit trying to get to the good stuff.

I say it's a terrible idea, and would probably kill the entire forum for me.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next