Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next
 UltimateMovieMayhem: It's Over! -- Final Scores -- Pg. 1 
Horror Week starts on Sunday. Great Films of the 1980's should be posted by Sunday as well.

GOOD STUFF =D> =D> =D> =D>

The reason I asked, and it might sound stupid, is that I didn't want to run the risk of watching a film and having it appear on a list tomorrow or this weekend. You're cheating yourself out of points.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:11 pm

But I'm going to get burned out at this pace. Today, though fun, was brutal. Hopefully, my master plan will work.

Muhahahahahahaha.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:18 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

RogueCommander wrote:
Horror Week starts on Sunday. Great Films of the 1980's should be posted by Sunday as well.

GOOD STUFF =D> =D> =D> =D>

The reason I asked, and it might sound stupid, is that I didn't want to run the risk of watching a film and having it appear on a list tomorrow or this weekend. You're cheating yourself out of points.

Good idea as there are no retroactive points.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:26 pm
I'm Batman

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:35 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Rogue I think I should have 20 points.

Yes. You updated your list as I was adding points. It has been fixed.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:45 pm

Nice...think I'll clean the dust of my old VCR. Many great 80's movies on tapes. :)

EDIT: I think I should have 20 points, not 25. Just 4 movies seen so far, and none are giving bonus points.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:03 am
Dolce, how many points for Black Cat, White Cat? It happened to be on Cinemax West tonight.

Traveling gypsies/musicians/hustlers! I had to turn away after about 4 minutes of that score. :shock:

Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:36 am
Christian's #1 Fan

Loyal, Dolce and I have to go over the points today. I'll update your score once a decision is reached.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:59 am
Christian's #1 Fan

Quote:

Nice...think I'll clean the dust of my old VCR. Many great 80's movies on tapes. :)

EDIT: I think I should have 20 points, not 25. Just 4 movies seen so far, and none are giving bonus points.

You are correct. Fixed.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:02 am
Loyal, Dolce and I have to go over the points today. I'll update your score once a decision is reached.

I didn't actually watch it, I just Tivo'd it. It looked pretty horrible though, so depending on how many points it's worth, I may or may not watch it.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:40 pm
Extraordinary

Dolce, how many points for Black Cat, White Cat? It happened to be on Cinemax West tonight.

Traveling gypsies/musicians/hustlers! I had to turn away after about 4 minutes of that score. :shock:

What? :shock:

It was on and you turned it off four minutes in? Its such a great movie. Oh I'm going to cry. You didn't even get the scene where they fool around in the sunflowers, or when she makes him go swim and buy her an icecream. What? Why didn't you like it? I thought the tune was so catchy actually. I love the music. You clearly did not grow up listening to Klezmer. :mad:

*cries*

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:23 pm
Extraordinary

RogueCommander wrote:

I didn't actually watch it, I just Tivo'd it. It looked pretty horrible though, so depending on how many points it's worth, I may or may not watch it.

I'll make it 18 like the other ones. Its not horrible. Its a genuinely fun and smart movie. I've never actually met someone who said they didn't like it and I used to recommend it left and right (it was on my staff picks) where I used to work. Please give it a chance? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssse? I'm going to nag you until you watch it if you don't. *w(h)ines* PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:25 pm
loyalfromlondon wrote:

What? :shock:

It was on and you turned it off four minutes in? Its such a great movie. Oh I'm going to cry. You didn't even get the scene where they fool around in the sunflowers, or when she makes him go swim and buy her an icecream. What? Why didn't you like it? I thought the tune was so catchy actually. I love the music. You clearly did not grow up listening to Klezmer. :mad:

*cries*

I did watch 6 films yesterday. :razz:

I'm looking forward to seeing your points system. Who knows, I might actually watch the entire film. 18 points :-k

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:26 pm
No Man's Land (Tanovic)

Is it really hard to find this movie in States?

It was after all Oscar nominee.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:33 pm
Extraordinary

dolcevita wrote:
No Man's Land (Tanovic)

Is it really hard to find this movie in States?

It was after all Oscar nominee.

It was actually the Oscar winner, rightfully beating out Amelie actually. But yes, its hard to find here because it just didn't get much attention upon theatre release even with the win. I'm trying to open up the category a teenie bit because I know that most of these movies are tough even to find in urban areas more-or-less suburban and rural ones. Blockbuster doesn't have a particularly rich international section, and I wanted to include one or two Oscar winners because they would be more likely to at least possibly carry those.

If people want me to get stingyer I'll dig really deep and pick only ones I think will be damn near impossible to find, but since I'm sticking to ones I've seen of course, that would be a mighty small list.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:36 pm

Just wondered about No Man's Land availability there. For me, it should be fairly easy to find both that one (which I've seen already) and Black Cat, White Cat.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:50 pm
Kypade

No man's land is on netflix, as are a couple others of those...

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:16 pm
Veteran

Hey, remember obscure films are difficult if you're a foreigner living in a foreign country! Watching foreign films here in Japan is easy...it's just I can't understand them without English subtitles! Oh, well.......

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I just saw No Man's Land at the library the other day and it's killing me that I didn't pick it up. ](*,)

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:28 pm
I finished the Oscar bonus list today. :razz:

I have Belle Epoque, House of the Dead, and Black Cat, White Cat lined up on the dvr.

Bring on the 80's and Horror. :wave:

Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:07 pm
Extraordinary

Oh this is awesome! So all of you guys are really going to see No Man's Land? Don't be fooled by the tagline. Made me think it would be alot lighter than it was. Loyal remember how you said you had to take a shower after seeing unforgiven? You are going to feel just terrible all over at the end of No Man's Land. To counter it, Black Cat, White Cat is great fun.

Kypade is going to get points because I know he just saw Nowhere in Africa off the Oscar list.

Nebs, I'd be very interested in hearing some suggestions on your end from flicks I might be able to find here.

Oh, and loyal, when you say you just "finished" the Oscar list, does that mean you watched them all? :shock:

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:42 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Dolce: I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for working so hard on these lists. I have been busier then I expected this week (and have now come down with a cold), so this really helps.

I will definatly work on Horror Week and have it up by Saturday night though.

Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:47 pm
Oh, and loyal, when you say you just "finished" the Oscar list, does that mean you watched them all? :shock:

Schindler's List was the final one. =D>

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:25 pm
I'm Batman

dolcevita wrote:

Loyal I think you should quit so some of us have an actual chance. I'll catch up this upcoming week though when I have no life and no school. \:D/

Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:16 pm
loyalfromlondon wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

Loyal I think you should quit so some of us have an actual chance. I'll catch up this upcoming week though when I have no life and no school. \:D/

My plan is to amass so many points as to break the will of others.

Hopefully next week's horror and 80's list will work in my favor (Dolce is killing me :razz: ).

O:)

Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next