Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Episode III Opening Crawl Released! 
I just lost the game

insomniacdude wrote:
Please please PLEASE not another one of these, Mav and Nazgul.

If they want to argue its their business

Then they can do it in PM. They shouldn't be taking conversation away from a good topic.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Um.., like Lucas with his prequels? Just admit it Mav, you're bitter man, angry that LOTR is getting all the praise, winning all the Oscars, making a buttload of money, the list could go on and on, while SW gets panned all the time (not everytime :lol:) wishing that PJ would suffer the same fate with King Kong. Poor Mav, it's not easy to be a Lucas fan nowadays. I feel for you.

I guess you must be pretty delusional if you think I'm bitter about money and awards that aren't mine. It's not suprising, since you seem to think you own some part of LOTR. Sorry to break it to you, but Peter doesn't care about you...boohoo for you. You're just his sheepish fanbase that allows him to live in luxury, whether you admit it or not.

And speaking of delusional, do you have any idea how much more money Star wars has made than LOTR? Obviously not.

Nazgul9 wrote:
Oh there are many instances like you claiming PJ is milking the fans with the many DVD releases, PJ deliberately left scenes out of the theatrical editions of LOTR just so he could put them back in in the SEEs for bigger DVD sales, claiming that the cast of TPM didn't actually made negative remarks about the prequels, about the filming experience and so forth. Just let it go Mav, accept the truth.

"assface", ts, ts, namecalling - i didn't expect anything else from you. :roll:

Are you in such serious denial that you can't even use common sense? Post the links to the cast members making negative comments.Your word means nothing. I don't expect you to understand storytelling as well as I do, so I can see how you were fooled at PJ's "pacing" reasons for making certain cuts in ROTK, but that doesn't mean it's why he did it. Use your damn head.

Nazgul9 wrote:
I surely do understand the difference. Why the english lessons i'm wondering? Have i missed something? I'm not whining all the time and certainly not everytime. What's there not to get? :???:

Comprehension isn't being grasped by you. If you understand the difference, you wouldn't have accused me of lying.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:39 pm
Indiana Jones IV

And I'd be lying if I said I was suprised that all of those grandstanders that pee their pants everytime anything negative is said about LOTR (Nazgul whines all the time BTW) , would show that it's a moral issue they have, because they never seem to mind unless it's about their little precious.

Translation: Mav thinks LotR fanboys whine non-stop about other movies being subpar, but get all huffy when somebody else whines that LotR is subpar. Hypocrisy, you see.

Very well then Mav, I concede. LotR was subpar. In fact, I'm so despondent over how subpar it was, that I wish ALL movies are as subpar as the LotR trilogy was.

:razz:

BTW on topic, I'm not going to say that Lucas shouldn't release info about his movie. It's not hard to avoid spoilers if you want. However, why would Lucas do this? Doesn't he want people to go into the movies without baggage? So much of the magic of the OT was the element of suprise. Nobody saw the OT coming, so it hit them harder...wouldn't he want to at least try to re-create that magic?

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

El_masked_esteROIDe_user wrote:
insomniacdude wrote:

Then they can do it in PM. They shouldn't be taking conversation away from a good topic.

Dozens of other threads get highjacked by certain three other people(look at Anaconda thread in RL) yet no one complains about that. I cant see anything wrong with them presenting their opinions.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:41 pm
Award Winning Bastard

insomniacdude wrote:

Ah...I'm used to this. I've been dealing with loonies trolling Star wars threads for years, and you'll never see andaroo, MikeQ., Raffiki, or anybody else who thinks it's "morally wrong to bash LOTR" ever voicing their opinions about it being done to SW. They'll continue to pretend that it never happens, and continue to attack and defend the precious...because it's wrong to say anything negative about THOSE movies.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:44 pm
I just lost the game

Because I'm finally starting to get fed up with them all. It's the same flipping argumnts between them every time the come into the same thread. They never present anything new. The thread was designed to talk about the Star Wars crawl, and Revenge of the Sith, not the comparisons between Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:45 pm

Ah...I'm used to this. I've been dealing with loonies trolling Star wars threads for years, and you'll never see andaroo, MikeQ., Raffiki, or anybody else who thinks it's "morally wrong to bash LOTR" ever voicing their opinions about it being done to SW. They'll continue to pretend that it never happens, and continue to attack and defend the precious...because it's wrong to say anything negative about THOSE movies.

I can see where you are coming from. Andaroo gives me shit for the slightest attack I say about LOTR and Armageddon. He just thinks his opinion is correct most of the time and forces it on everyone else. I dont mind voicing opinions at all. What is annoying is telling everyone else to take it to PM when the thread is about their favorite movie

So where is the defense for Batman Begins when the thread got trolled over?

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:46 pm
I just lost the game

Mav: OK, call me a loonie. Whatever. Just stop taking away conversation please. It's really not that hard. I don't care if you bash the trilogy, or the people that like it, or whatever you want to do. Go make your own thread about it. I have nothing but respect for you and have defended you in the past on BOM. Just because I want an actual conversation about Star Wars without LOTR fans and bashers suddenly means that I'm a loonie? I think it's quite the contrary, that I'm tired of all the LOTR talk, because nothing new is ever brought to the table and it is all redundant. I just want to talk about Star Wars. Is that hard to believe?

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:50 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Translation: Mav thinks LotR fanboys whine non-stop about other movies being subpar, but get all huffy when somebody else whines that LotR is subpar. Hypocrisy, you see.

Very well then Mav, I concede. LotR was subpar. In fact, I'm so despondent over how subpar it was, that I wish ALL movies are as subpar as the LotR trilogy was.

:razz:

BTW on topic, I'm not going to say that Lucas shouldn't release info about his movie. It's not hard to avoid spoilers if you want. However, why would Lucas do this? Doesn't he want people to go into the movies without baggage? So much of the magic of the OT was the element of suprise. Nobody saw the OT coming, so it hit them harder...wouldn't he want to at least try to re-create that magic?

What kind of suprise is this scroll? We knew that the Clone wars were in their last days, and that Palpatine was taken hostage for over a year now. There isn't anything in there that we didn't already know for a long time, it's just the offical wording is all. Lucas is in a no win situation with anybody that doesn't want to know what happens, because everybody we all know what happens. It's going to give people an excuse to bitch about.

WAHHHH :cry: I wasted my 8 bucks to see something that I already knew how everything would end up in. Lucas is a terrible filmmaker. How dare he?!!! :mad:

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:51 pm

I want to see more mudslinging between the ringnuts and SW fanatics. I think both movies are overated so I dont mind seeing them badgered to death. Now if they were to mock new Batman, thats a different story

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:59 pm
Award Winning Bastard

::smacks head into wall::

Mav: OK, call me a loonie. Whatever. Just stop taking away conversation please. It's really not that hard. I don't care if you bash the trilogy, or the people that like it, or whatever you want to do. Go make your own thread about it. I have nothing but respect for you and have defended you in the past on BOM. Just because I want an actual conversation about Star Wars without LOTR fans and bashers suddenly means that I'm a loonie? I think it's quite the contrary, that I'm tired of all the LOTR talk, because nothing new is ever brought to the table and it is all redundant. I just want to talk about Star Wars. Is that hard to believe?

I wasn't calling you a loonie. I was just letting you know that I'm used to loonies trolling Star Wars threads with their comments of negativity, and how not one of the grandstanders that get mad at anti LOTR comments seem to care one bit , even though they try to pretend that it's a moral issue with them. I think we all know that morals play no part in any complaining that they do. They just don't like when LOTR is bashed, but think it's perfectly acceptable when other films are bashed. If they had moral issues, would I really have had to be the one to make a comment? Hell no, they would have been on Algren and Nazgul just as quickly as they jump on BKB or myself.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:59 pm
I just lost the game

Is it just me, or is that scroll shorter than it has been in the past. Maybe it's just not presented in the same blocked text format, but it just seems like there are smaller and fewer words.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:00 pm
In terms of films I'm looking forward to, it's Sith by a mile.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:08 pm
Extraordinary

Sorry "screenwriter" Mav, can't continue. I promised. :wink:

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:14 pm
Commander and Chef

Main character: Luke

Last Name of character: Skywalker
Lucas lives: Skywalker ranch

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

There is more to this than we all think.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Now if they were to mock new Batman, thats a different story

Batman Begins? No, it ends here because it's gonna flop hard. Batman sucks! :D

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:21 pm

Now if they were to mock new Batman, thats a different story

Batman Begins? No, it ends here because it's gonna flop hard. Batman sucks! :D

Im contemplating on hijacking that King Kong thread. What are they talking about currently at the KK thread? Oh yeah I remember, they were talking about turning it into Monster Island with a surprise appearance from Godzilla, Mario & Luigi, and King Kong Jr :wink:

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:27 pm
Commander and Chef

How could you forget Metroid and the Master Chief

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:11 pm

By the way how do they explain Anakin's voice suddenly changing into James Earl Jones husky voice. Does exposure to a volcano do that to you or did he just swallow a frog?

Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:14 pm
By the way how do they explain Anakin's voice suddenly changing into James Earl Jones husky voice. Does exposure to a volcano do that to you or did he just swallow a frog?

Vulcano indeed does that, but there were some studies that show frogs can work as well.

But apparently, noone wanted to see those studies.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:47 pm

Vulcano indeed does that, but there were some studies that show frogs can work as well.

But apparently, noone wanted to see those studies.

:Grins: It reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons when a young Homer Simpson used to have a great singing voice till he reached puberty and lost his talent making him sound like a neanderthal. I thought that by 19, Anakins voice would of fully changed and would of sounded like Barry White by now. I get it! He was using the voice device like the world's smartest man Stephen Hawkings

Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:54 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Maverikk wrote:
but King Kong and Peter the precious will probably be in for a hard time

Um.., like Lucas with his prequels? Just admit it Mav, you're bitter man, angry that LOTR is getting all the praise, winning all the Oscars, making a buttload of money, the list could go on and on, while SW gets panned all the time (not everytime :lol:) wishing that PJ would suffer the same fate with King Kong. Poor Mav, it's not easy to be a Lucas fan nowadays. I feel for you.

Maverikk wrote:
Post the link, assface.

Oh there are many instances like you claiming PJ is milking the fans with the many DVD releases, PJ deliberately left scenes out of the theatrical editions of LOTR just so he could put them back in in the SEEs for bigger DVD sales, claiming that the cast of TPM didn't actually made negative remarks about the prequels, about the filming experience and so forth. Just let it go Mav, accept the truth."assface", ts, ts, namecalling - i didn't expect anything else from you. :roll:

Maverikk wrote:
Obviously, you don't have the reading skills to understand the difference between all the time and EVERYtime.

I surely do understand the difference. Why the english lessons i'm wondering? Have i missed something? I'm not whining all the time and certainly not everytime. What's there not to get? :???:

The Part I highlighted is TRUE.. Jackson is Milking the fans with yet, another release of this damn trilogy with more footage picked up off the floor and thrown in there designed to do so, regardless if it's on HD-DVD or this Blueray Technology which is gonna be a wash... It's backwards compatible, therefore, you can play them on your regular DVD Player which means why should a fan have to purchase the trilogy all over again just cause it's Blueray Technology or HD-DVD if it's backwards compatible just like the one's you already own??? :-k Fucking New Line and PJ are no different than George Lucas... There all out to make $$$ off of the fans you all know it..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Oouukkaayy..., BKB, if that thought makes you happy... :???:

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:23 am

The Part I highlighted is TRUE.. Jackson is Milking the fans with yet, another release of this damn trilogy with more footage picked up off the floor and thrown in there designed to do so, regardless if it's on HD-DVD or this Blueray Technology which is gonna be a wash... It's backwards compatible, therefore, you can play them on your regular DVD Player which means why should a fan have to purchase the trilogy all over again just cause it's Blueray Technology or HD-DVD if it's backwards compatible just like the one's you already own??? :-k Fucking New Line and PJ are no different than George Lucas... There all out to make $$$ off of the fans you all know it..

I think you're a little confused BKB. Just because a format is backwards compatible with dvds like HD-DVD (Blu-Ray isn't compatible as of yet and also won't be working with WB and NL), doesn't mean it isn't worth the purchase and somehow New Line and PJ are screwing folks over. HD-DVD will offer new content and resolution, not previously available.

LOTR is just one of a number of high profile releases set for the new format, including Star Wars, Spider-man, James Bond, Star Trek, every franchise in the catalog.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next