Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Is anyone else REALLY anticipating Hitch? 
New Server, Same X

Post Is anyone else REALLY anticipating Hitch?
Everytime I see this trailer, I am cracking up. I don't know if it's the natural comedic, nice guy charm that Will Smith possesses, or Kevin James, or just that it looks like a damn good movie. Normally, after one or two viewings, the trailer doesn't seem as appealing, but I think I laugh more and more when I see it. It looks like a genuinely good movie. Again, am I the only one here? Am I starting to lose it... well, you can't lose what you never had, but still. What is everyone else thinking, especially based on trailers? Even my brother laughed when he saw the full trailer, and he is not a big fan of romantic comedies or Will Smith.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:30 pm
now we know

Yes, i am anticipating it (REALLY!) :wink:

I saw the trailer on the start of Alexander and it rocked. I want to see this!

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
I'm Batman

Will Smith + Kevin James = Me shelling out 9 bucks to see a movie.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:35 pm
New Server, Same X

Thank you, God. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I haven't felt this way in a while, over a comedy. Especially one with Will Smith. I think Will is natural to comedy, which is why most of his roles have a bit of comedy added to them. Excluding Shark Tale, is this his only real comedy role since his TV show, The Fresh Prince? Hopefully it's as good as the trailer. I hold out hope that the movie is so damn good, they didn't even have to try to put together a good trailer with laughs.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:38 pm
now we know

Thank you, God. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I haven't felt this way in a while, over a comedy. Especially one with Will Smith. I think Will is natural to comedy, which is why most of his roles have a bit of comedy added to them. Excluding Shark Tale, is this his only real comedy role since his TV show, The Fresh Prince? Hopefully it's as good as the trailer. I hold out hope that the movie is so damn good, they didn't even have to try to put together a good trailer with laughs.

You are totally correct, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is hilarious, and he is unique with comedy, probably why he has been so successful.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

It looks hilarious. I've been looking forward to it for a while, and I can't wait to see it. :D

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:43 pm
New Server, Same X

Wow, I wonder how big this film will turn out to be. If more people feel the same, I bet it will be huge. There's probably a thread on predictions in the Box office forum, so I'll just say it's probably going to be bigger than 50 First Dates.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:48 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:11 pm
Draughty

It has a trailer that looks like it has already shown us all the highpoints and funniest gags so don't get your hopes up.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

It has a trailer that looks like it has already shown us all the highpoints and funniest gags so don't get your hopes up.

That is what I think probably could and will happen, but it's been a REALLY long time since I really enjoyed a trailer like that.

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:42 pm
We had our time together

Absolutely YES. Can't wait to see Kevin James and Will Smith together on screen.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Golfaholic

No. It looks like trash. Especially after the stuff they sent out to the press. A pseudo-dictionary that shall translate Woman to German. Sooo not funny! [-X [-X

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:41 am
We had our time together

No. It looks like trash. Especially after the stuff they sent out to the press. A pseudo-dictionary that shall translate Woman to German. Sooo not funny! [-X [-X

You're soooooooooo predictable [-X :D

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Grill

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:06 pm
Teh Mexican

i think this is the only comedy im anticipating!! :D

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:13 pm
Extraordinary

I've not seen any trailer, but the posters have been popping up all over bus stops, etc. They're not very informative...just say The Cure to the Common Man or something along those lines. You guys keep mentioning the trailers but not what the movie is about. Can someone please give me some insight into what they think of the plot and content. I really have no idea what this movie is about.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:45 pm
I've not seen any trailer, but the posters have been popping up all over bus stops, etc. They're not very informative...just say The Cure to the Common Man or something along those lines. You guys keep mentioning the trailers but not what the movie is about. Can someone please give me some insight into what they think of the plot and content. I really have no idea what this movie is about.

From comingsoon.net

In the sophisticated romantic comedy, Will Smith stars as Alex "Hitch" Hitchens, a true urban myth - a legendary New York City "date doctor" who, for a fee has helped hundreds of men woo the women of their dreams. The ultimate professional bachelor, Hitch discovers that all of his tried and true tricks of the trade are no match for Sara (Eva Mendes), the one woman he truly loves.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:52 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Will Smith is a "date doctor". He has all the answers for the guys, on how to get dates, and what to do to win the girl's heart.

Along the way, he meets somebody that he falls for, and all of his knowledge is useless, as she makes him turn into a drooling veggie, and not cool and together at all when he's around her. That's what I get from the trailer.

I'm a big Will Smith fan.(Love Wild Wild West too). I'm sure it will be a good movie to go see, but I don't expect greatness or anything. May not even be something I would buy on DVD, but I would imagine it's going to be decent.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:53 pm
No Wire Tampons!

Theres a totally ridiculous Hitch cutout at my local - it features the word HITCH with Will Smith leaning on them. With a real cap, scarf and glasses put on him.....

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

I think this will be the type of movie that nobody REALLY wants to see, but will still perfrom remarkably well nevertheless.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:38 pm
Forum General

I actually think this movie looks really good. Will Smith started out in comedy, so I think this will be a good flick.

Can't wait

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:39 pm
No Wire Tampons!

More than a few have pointed out a similarity to last years Jamie Foxx pic - "Breakin All The Rules"
and in essence...its the same movie, with a more appealing star and a wider spectrum.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

More than a few have pointed out a similarity to last years Jamie Foxx pic - "Breakin All The Rules"
and in essence...its the same movie, with a more appealing star and a wider spectrum.

...and this looks funny. :wink:

Seriously, the theater reactions are fantastic. Huge laughs every single time I see it in theaters.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:43 pm
No Wire Tampons!

its Will Smith. People practically orgasm when hes onscreen. What did you expect, boos?

Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

I am not a fan of the lead actors at all so I'll be skipping this one, even on DVD.

Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next