Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Fantastic Four Trailer!! 
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:40 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

It looks decent

ALTHOUGH THE THING SHOULD MAYBE BE BULKIER AND LOOK ROUGHER-EDGED MAYBE

The glimpses of Victor Von Doom were interesting... :smile:

The THING should be ALOT Bulkier and ALOT Larger.. Pick up The Ultimate FANTASTIC FOUR Comic next time your at a book store or something and check out how fucking HUGE The THING is and considering that's what this movie is somehwta basd on is the ULTIMATE FF4, Then Tim Story and 20th Century FOX should've dumped more $$$ into making him look just that.. As it stands, that scene with the Semi Truck being buckled by The THING and him throwing that guy out of the, way, hell the guy he tossed is as big as The THING.. :lol:

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

The THING should be ALOT Bulkier and ALOT Larger.. Pick up The Ultimate FANTASTIC FOUR Comic next time your at a book store or something and check out how fucking HUGE The THING is and considering that's what this movie is somehwta basd on is the ULTIMATE FF4, Then Tim Story and 20th Century FOX should've dumped more $$$ into making him look just that.. As it stands, that scene with the Semi Truck being buckled by The THING and him throwing that guy out of the, way, hell the guy he tossed is as big as The THING.. :lol:

BKB, you always ignore peoples posts when they prove you wrong, that I understand by now. But c'mon man, don't act like Maverikk and his post proving your ranting about how the movie sucks only because The Thing should be bigger is wrong. It would've been less like the comics if The Thing were 15 feet tall, not to mention it would've been too much like The Hulk, which is definitely what Fox should avoid.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:52 am
Cream of the Crop

In this case :smile:

CGI WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY APPROPRIATE FOR THE THING

y'see fuzzies

THING LOOKS A LOT LESS HUMANOID THAN THE HULK

He is basically very much a fantastical creature in appearance

His unusual look with the rock-hard skin would be much better handled by A SKILLED cgi team

Than the cut-price cheap-looking rendition we see before us

HE DOESN'T NECESSARILY NEED TO BE 15FT TALL

Say 9-10ft with shit-hot cgi

AND THIS IS FROM THE ONE AHMED JOHNSON WHO

does not like the cgi hulk very much

Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:06 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Great post ahmed!!! =D> =D>

Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:08 am
Profile WWW

BKB_The_Man wrote:

BKB, you always ignore peoples posts when they prove you wrong, that I understand by now. But c'mon man, don't act like Maverikk and his post proving your ranting about how the movie sucks only because The Thing should be bigger is wrong. It would've been less like the comics if The Thing were 15 feet tall, not to mention it would've been too much like The Hulk, which is definitely what Fox should avoid.

Bullshit.. Next time your at a book store Moviedude, pick up the latest issue of The Ultimate Fantastic Four which the movie is being based off of and see how big The THING is and then compare it to what you see in that trailer buckling that Semi after tossing that Guy aside and the guy he tossed is as big as The THING and that's just WRONG.. The thing of it is is that it's easily fixable if you throw in some more $$$ and do it right.. Remember that this is a guy that took on the HULK in the comics and that's saying alot when it comes to the size of these guys..

Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:41 am
Profile WWW

ACTUALLY

In this case :smile:

CGI WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY APPROPRIATE FOR THE THING

y'see fuzzies

THING LOOKS A LOT LESS HUMANOID THAN THE HULK

He is basically very much a fantastical creature in appearance

His unusual look with the rock-hard skin would be much better handled by A SKILLED cgi team

Than the cut-price cheap-looking rendition we see before us

HE DOESN'T NECESSARILY NEED TO BE 15FT TALL

Say 9-10ft with shit-hot cgi

AND THIS IS FROM THE ONE AHMED JOHNSON WHO

does not like the cgi hulk very much

The CGI used in The HULK was a breakthrough in terms of the HULK's appareance up close seeing the pores of his skin and the facial texture.. Come on Ahmed, it did look pretty good and I'm willing to admit that some of the scenes with him tumbling down the sandune looked pretty bad to where it should've been more tweaked or deleted altogether, but at least they have the format to use for a sequel and can only improve on this as technology progresses in the world of FX...

Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:45 am
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

Just to clearify this debate over the Thing's size, I had to resort to posting pictures. Before I do, I'd like to explain that Marvel's Ultimate line is a new line of comics, with different interpretations of the characters. Some of the ideas may be used for the updated movie, but some won't, such as calling Victor Von Doom , Victor Van Damme. Now, on with the show.

If you ask anybody with a modicum of knowledge about the Fantastic four, who were the best artists to draw the comic, you will hear two names universally mentioned. The first, is the co-creator, Jack Kirby. Here is a cover from one of Jack Kirby's issues, and I want everybody to take special notice of the Thing's size, and tell me if I'm seeing it wrong, and he's really 7 feet tall or more.

The second artist that you'll always hear mentioned, is John Byrne. Here is one of his covers, and again, take note of the Thing's size, and tell me if you think he's 7 feet or more tall, because I'm just not seeing it, but I'm tired, and my eyes are starting to go a little out of focus.

Roger Corman seemed to like having the Thing tower over the rest of the group.

But the new and improved 20th century fox big budget version seems to be doing things exactly like the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby FF, as well as the John Byrne FF.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:31 am

Just to clearify this debate over the Thing's size, I had to resort to posting pictures. Before I do, I'd like to explain that Marvel's Ultimate line is a new line of comics, with different interpretations of the characters. Some of the ideas may be used for the updated movie, but some won't, such as calling Victor Von Doom , Victor Van Damme. Now, on with the show.

If you ask anybody with a modicum of knowledge about the Fantastic four, who were the best artists to draw the comic, you will hear two names universally mentioned. The first, is the co-creator, Jack Kirby. Here is a cover from one of Jack Kirby's issues, and I want everybody to take special notice of the Thing's size, and tell me if I'm seeing it wrong, and he's really 7 feet tall or more.

The second artist that you'll always hear mentioned, is John Byrne. Here is one of his covers, and again, take note of the Thing's size, and tell me if you think he's 7 feet or more tall, because I'm just not seeing it, but I'm tired, and my eyes are starting to go a little out of focus.

Roger Corman seemed to like having the Thing tower over the rest of the group.

But the new and improved 20th century fox big budget version seems to be doing things exactly like the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby FF, as well as the John Byrne FF.

That's fine for that particular interpretation Mav, but the movie is based on The Ultimate FF4, not the above comics and therefore, if your able to pull up an Ultimate FF4 Issue, you'll clearly see The THING is massive compared to the Human Torch and in this months issue, The THING Engulfs Johnny Storms Head in his hands and covers it entirely to show the HUGE size he is and that's the way he should be.. He's too small and a little more $$$ can fix this, but Goddamn if FOX isn't going to go cheap with this..

Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:47 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

That's fine for that particular interpretation Mav, but the movie is based on The Ultimate FF4, not the above comics
You should provide a link to back yourself up on this matter if you dont wanna look like a dope.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:01 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:

That's fine for that particular interpretation Mav, but the movie is based on The Ultimate FF4, not the above comics
You should provide a link to back yourself up on this matter if you dont wanna look like a dope.

I shouldn't have to... Anyone old enough to remember the many interpretations of the FF4 knows The THING needs to be alot larger than he is in that trailer, but I guess I'll see what I can find..

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:32 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

I shouldn't have to... Anyone old enough to remember the many interpretations of the FF4 knows The THING needs to be alot larger than he is in that trailer, but I guess I'll see what I can find..
check out marvel.com they have Thing listed as 6'0 on the character profile page.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:00 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

check out marvel.com they have Thing listed as 6'0 on the character profile page.

Yeah in the regular MARVEL Fantastic Four he's listed as 6 foot, but in the Ultimate Fantastic Four, he's much much larger and that is what the movie is based on is the Ultimate FF4, Not the Golden Age FF4..

Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

I'm pretty nostaligic. In the original concept, the Thing simply has his skin changed to rock and his strength is augmented. No growth to giant heights. I do not have a problem with a 6-foot Thing.

No representation is made opinions expressed are better than others. MSRP. WAC. Limited Time. Some Restrictions Apply. All Rights Reserved. Not FDA approved. Results not typical. Close cover before striking. Mileage may vary. Void where prohibited.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:14 am
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

That's fine for that particular interpretation Mav, but the movie is based on The Ultimate FF4, not the above comics and therefore, if your able to pull up an Ultimate FF4 Issue, you'll clearly see The THING is massive compared to the Human Torch and in this months issue, The THING Engulfs Johnny Storms Head in his hands and covers it entirely to show the HUGE size he is and that's the way he should be.. He's too small and a little more $$$ can fix this, but Goddamn if FOX isn't going to go cheap with this..

Ultimate Fantastic Four has been out for a whoppin' 14 months. Why would they base the movie off of that, and not the book that inspired 20th Century Fox to spend MILLIONS of dollars to bring to life. Fantastic Four has been around for 44 years. The Thing has been 6 feet tall and 500 pounds for as long as I can recall. Sure, you've got different artist interpretations, and things vary because of that, even Sue's breast size, but I definitely get the impression that they want to be very true to Jack Kirby's version of the characters that he created. They even have him dressed in a fedora hat and trenchcoat in the movie, like he did in early issues of fantastic 4, because he was ashamed of his monsterous appearance.

You also have to remember, that the Hulk was drawn much smaller at first than what he eventually started being drawn like, so the size difference between he and the Thing wasn't that big when they had their classic fights, but the Thing is staying true to the original version of him that made him so popular in the first place, and we can't really ask for more than that.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:56 pm
Angels & Demons

Mav, don't let BKB bait you. You're right. The sane among us agree with you. Arguing with the "B" man is like, well ...

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

No representation is made opinions expressed are better than others. MSRP. WAC. Limited Time. Some Restrictions Apply. All Rights Reserved. Not FDA approved. Results not typical. Close cover before striking. Mileage may vary. Void where prohibited.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

Yeah in the regular MARVEL Fantastic Four he's listed as 6 foot, but in the Ultimate Fantastic Four, he's much much larger and that is what the movie is based on is the Ultimate FF4, Not the Golden Age FF4..

BKB I have read all of the Ultimates (X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, etc), and The Thing is not that much bigger than the rest of the group. Sure he isn't 6 feet tall but he isn't much taller than 8 or 9 feet tall either.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:

Why would they decide to base the movie on some new comic? I doubt that very much, like I said just provide somekind of proof that its based on the new comic and i'll agree with you.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:51 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Mav, don't let BKB bait you. You're right. The sane among us agree with you. Arguing with the "B" man is like, well ...

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

haha...BKB isn't baiting me :fishing: , he's being sincere. O:)

He's wrong too. :razz: BKB, I really wish as a Marvel fan that you would embrace this movie, because they really do seem to be capturing the essence of the characters. If you don't like it, I guess that can be a comfort as well, because the movies that you support have enemies lining up to bash it, and the movies that you bash get plenty of supporters.. :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:49 pm
Commander and Chef

Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Well as a Marvel fan, I cant blindly support movies that look bad and I have a bad feeling FF will be terrible. Its the same gut feeling I had with the early Elektra trailers before everyone jumped on the bash wagon. I wasnt wrong at all when I saw Elektra. My point is there is lots of crappy Marvel movies like Howard the Duck and Red Sonja

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:16 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

I think the trailer looks decent, but the film will probably end up being rather campy.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:20 pm
Award Winning Bastard

Sigh .. thats the problem with Marvel.

It's not a problem that they are BY FAR the #1 comic publisher and #1 comic movie resource , because they have more than 2 characters that people give a shit about. :razz:

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:45 pm
Commander and Chef

sigh .. ok Maverikk. atleast they have 2 : )

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

bABA wrote:
Sigh .. thats the problem with Marvel.

It's not a problem that they are BY FAR the #1 comic publisher and #1 comic movie resource , because they have more than 2 characters that people give a shit about. :razz:

Cant say I would disagree. Thats very true which is why Im always a marvel fan. However DC has done a really good job on making its only two great characters into great movies. Spiderman 1 missed that mark for me but made it up with 2. Im still boggled by the fact that a first tier character like the Hulk didnt do so well with its gross while an X-men movie that barely registered as first tier characters from a 2 generation group did alot better

I always thought of FF as second tier characters because back in the 80s, Spiderman,The Hulk,X-men, X-factor and Punisher all outsold FF by quite a margin

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next