Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 3937 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 158  Next
 Grade The Last Movie You Watched 
Indiana Jones IV

I was wondering where that thread went....

Anyway...

Indepedence Day- A+

Great movie..one of my all time favorties.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Teh Mexican

B+

Great movie!

Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:49 pm
College Boy T

The ending is the best part.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:07 pm
Indiana Jones IV

not as great as everybody says and deffinetely not a masterpiece. It's original i'll give it that but i guess its too much over my head for it? I don't know but yeah it was entertaining and at least i got what happened.

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

I have got to get hooked u p with some Monty Python, me thinks

Team America World Police - Sure to offend everyone with its puppet blow jobs, extensive sex scenes, foul laguage, celebrities-blown-up-gore, and a dancing Michael Moore.... I give T&A, as I have dubbed it, 2.5/4 stars. F**k Yea!

Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Second viewing. One of the better erotic thrillers. The first half is great, especially with the sequence when they question Catherine and how she is interacting with Nick in the car. The second half starts to slip, and they try so hard to make the story be believable both ways that they actually weaken it and not very believable at all.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Anyway...

Indepedence Day- A+

my favorite movie too i could just watch that movie over and over and over again

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Amer wrote:

Anyway...

Indepedence Day- A+

my favorite movie too i could just watch that movie over and over and over again

Will Smith does a great job. Also, I dont know the other guy( the one from JP), him and Will are great togethor.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Really good movie, the acting is great, esp. Dakota Fanning. The Story is clever and the directing is great.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

You can read my full review in "Your Take", but this was the funniest movie I've seen this year.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:17 pm
College Boy Z

Eh, pretty dumb. Wasn't all that funny either, but Gabrielle Union is a hottie. :wink:

Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:18 pm
Indiana Jones IV

The Day After Tomorrow- B , was better than people said.
Fahrenheit 9/11- F, sorry this film was terrible
Saved!- C+ Pretty much average.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

i just love this movie its brilliant and it makes me want to something impossible :P

Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

B

touching movie

Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:58 pm
Extraordinary

Very good movie. It's heavy, and the pace is a little slow, but overall well-made.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Ugh. Easily one of the, if not the worst animated movie.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:20 pm
Extraordinary

Shark Tale - C-

Same grade and same sentiment for me. It just doesn't strike the right cord with me. In Finding Nemo, a fish looks like a fish. Here they humanized everything and made it too adult. It's like dressing up actors in a animal suit. The joke isn't that funny, and some parts are just annoying.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

publicenemy#1 wrote:
Shark Tale - C-

Same grade and same sentiment for me. It just doesn't strike the right cord with me. In Finding Nemo, a fish looks like a fish. Here they humanized everything and made it too adult. It's like dressing up actors in a animal suit. The joke isn't that funny, and some parts are just annoying.

I thought it was ok, not the best animated movie but not the worst. I gave it a B

Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

one of the last great Stallone action flicks....sad. i'd really like to see him make a career comeback, he has made so many great movies.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:28 pm
Extraordinary

The good part is strong. Christian Bale gave a great performance. The dialog is witty. I especially like the conversations between Patrick and the detector played by Defoe. The whole satire theme about 80's in New York worked very well. However, the weak part is quite striking too. The horror theme didn't work for me. I didn't see the point of sex/threesome scene, and the last third of the film is a mess. Overall, a movie that makes you think, even though it's somewhat confusing.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:06 am
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

thought it was hilarious, although I seem to enjoy all Will Farrell's movies, with the exception of Night at the Roxbury

Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

A

GREAT MOVIE!!, the story is too cheesy!! but the SPX makes it all good!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:06 pm
George A. Romero

simply hilarious....rob schneider's best

Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:28 pm
Extraordinary

The cast and the cinematography are great, though I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would with all the hype.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:04 pm
Waitress in LA

Trois couleurs: Bleu (1993) - ***½
Directed by: Krzysztof Kieslowski
An absolutely brilliant, beautifully made film that is well-known as one of the greatest foreign films ever made. It is the first of a trilogy that deal with France's motto: Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity. Blue follows a more sombre, troubling film that is just down-right depressing. It follows a woman who has suffered a loss in her family and is trying to cope with it by starting a new life while getting away from her past, but it seems it's not that easy. She is forced to confront what she loves most other than her family...music. She find love again through music and becomes a person again. This film is a magical, heart-breaking story of human loss and life. A must see for anyone.

Trois couleurs: White (1994) - ***
Directed by: Krzysztof Kieslowski
Second film in the Colors Trilogy, this one dealing with Equality. It's about a couple getting a divorce. Her husband is devastated, heart-broken, and homeless. He is forced to go back to his homeland, Poland. There he meets with his brother and gets back on his feet. He becomes very successful, and he gets his revenge for her breaking his heart. This was definitely weaker than the first film, but I wouldn't call it a poorly made film by any means. It was a fantastic love story and wonderfully shot. It definitely keeps my attention for the last film of the three.

Koyaanisqatsi (1983) - **½
Directed by: Godfrey Reggio
The first film of another foreign film trilogy. It's a trilogy of life, and what is happening to the world around us. It was an amazing film to watch, the cinematography was stunning watching each perfectly filmed shot on the screen. While I thought it was slightly pretentious, and some parts were uninteresting or useless... I still throughly enjoyed it. This is a film that you would regard as art instead of a theatrical release for the masses. Definitely a worthy motion picture, and a great introduction to the trilogy.

Last Viewings (****)
Naqoyqatsi - *
Powaqqatsi - **
Trois couleurs: Rouge - ***½
Koyaanisqatsi - **½

Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3937 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 158  Next