Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Infernal Affairs. Leung making a Big American Breakthrough? 
Extraordinary

Post Infernal Affairs. Leung making a Big American Breakthrough?
Sorry I'm behind the ball. I knew the new film with one of my favorite actors, Tony Leung, was coming out soon, but I had not realized it was already here. I'm going to quote Lecter's description of it,

Dr. Lecter wrote:
You are talking about Infernal Affairs, right?

Well the basic premise of the movie is that a cop goes undercover in the triads world of Hong Kong while a member of the triads infiltrates the police as a mole. That goes on for many years until the undercover cop gets the objective from the triads boss to find the cop who infiltrated the triads (i.e. himself, hehe) while the triads mole in the police has the objective to find the mole in the police force (himself). This, of course, gets pretty complicated for both and leads to a final showdown. The movie was released in Hong Kong in 2002. The whole tone of the movie is somewhat similar to Training Day/L.A. Confidential. It is easily the best cop drama I have seen in many years. Great movie. I recommend you to see it.

Here is more information on the movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338564/

I am definately going to see it this weekend! Lets hope its not quite the letdown the last Asian film I worked my expectations up about was. Anyone else seen it yet care to say what they thought?

With this and Hero, In the Mood for Love, do you think Leung is going to break into the American mainstream soon? He's been well known since The Lover I'm pretty sure, but not so much here as in the rest of the world. This is going to be a big year for him Internationally.

-Dolce

Last edited by dolcevita on Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:14 pm
You must have big rats

I certainly do hope that he'll make it soon! The fact that Infernal Affairs is being remade next year by Scorcese will help to promote the original and also Hero must have introduced him very well to the American audiences. He is a great actor and I wish him all the best.

Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Last edited by Plot on Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I was looking forward to seeing infernal affairs. I wish that they had expanded it into more than just 5 theaters

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]